[EU] Looking for a laid back LGBTQ+ friendly guild that also tries raids

Cynder.2509

Hello, while I made a different post before about looking for people I decided to make another one but this time more specific as I'm actually trying to find an active guild since my previous/current one is totally dead. I'm desperately trying to get back into raiding after my initial group disbanded, became inactive and overall abandoned the project with the release of w2. So I'm looking for perhaps a away to find my way back to it and hopefully find people who aren't manifested into an elitist and toxic mindset and can forgive me to not act like a machine as I have a disability making hand eye coordination stuff on keyboards a bit hard for me (it can cause some pretty painful cramps for example) and since I struggle with a minor case of motion sickness. I'm more looking for people that are laid back and want to play for fun rather than wanting to be the best at everything. I'm also looking for people who do all sorts of other content as well (except WvW of course since I'm already part of a greater community of my server). My experience is that of a veteran of 7 years (also mentioned in my about section in the copied text) so that nobody makes false assumptions about me.As far as it goes for what role I'd hope to cover within a raiding group I can only say this: I've only made experiences with heal or supportive based roles here and outside of this game and it's where I feel most comfortable with actually. So I'd like to maybe stay this way. I might want to try out something else for sure as well but only once I'm fully familiar with everything again. Despite all that I do have all armor classes available as full ascended by the way as well as max AR on one character despite me rarely doing fractals and when I do them I do them solo as I'm very anxious and paranoid of lfg.I'm also ready to use discord/ts for organisation but here's why I'm looking for a lgbt friendly guild.... I'm very insecure about myself and how I'm being perceived and even with being on hormones I'm always afraid that my voice may still not sound either like my age or gender and I had several people in several guild making fun of me because of that. Not just making fun of me but also harrassment and some very gross insults that I wouldn't want to repeat.Just as a warning: I might also be a more difficult kind of character as I'm fighting with depression for several years now and I tend to have phases where things can be pretty bad. I also tend to put all the weight upon my shoulders and easily say sorry or feel guilty for something that isn't my fault. (For example when certain mechanics like on Gorseval wipe the entire group despite me knowing about them) I do tend to be too hard on myself but I aim to better this by having more regular experiences with others. Anyways I'm very anxious and very paranoid which is mostly the reason why I try to avoid certain things like lfg as I'm always afraid people will judge me for every little step I take, skin choices, small mistakes caused by my hand stuff etc. and think bad of me. I always feel a certain need to prove and explain myself to everyone. I don't know since when this manifested within me but I can say for sure that it wasn't always like this while playing the game or any other games. I hate that my real life has actually swapped over into everything I do in a game which has killed all of the actual fun for me and I really want to change that. It might all just be because I'm very insecure about myself and how work related things will play out for me in the future. So to wrap it all up I'm more of a pessimist than an optimist but I plan to change that and I'm already working on that behind the scenes.

Overall I just hope to find some friendly and laid back people within the raiding community so I could get back to it.

Overall here are a few things about me that I've mentioned in the other post as well (some things have been adjusted and some might repeat with the above):I’m HunterI'm 20 years (or will be at the 30th of this month). I’m a trans man (I’d really love to meet another trans people in the community too!) from Germany who loves the lore, the beautiful landscape and a lot of other things. What I do mostly ingame is very random. I do a lot of stuff actually like story (even if I do it for 1000 times), RP (actually only with myself because I haven’t found anyone and I’m not sure how to to it), developing stories for my characters (I’m currently sitting on a big novel project about my characters for over two years), enjoying the ambience and some more. I’m not into stressing myself or others, I prefer doing stuff chilled. (So that means no speedrunning or toxic elitism) And yes, I know what I’m doing! I’m a massive ball of anxiety, paranoia (for example: I’m always afraid of others judging me and thinking I’m bad even if I don’t have to worry because I do play since start but that was on a different account I lost when I had a break from 2014 to 2015. So I returned on this current one September 2015) and depression. So please be nice to me.

If you can offer something please contact me either ingame (Cynder.2509) or on Discord (Hunter#9090).I hope this text post isn't too messy and I apologize if there are mistakes. I might have rushed this a bit as I'm kinda desperate at the moment.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

• 2 months later...

Well, maybe I'm wortless... I just suck terribly at everything I do and my life is a mess so it's only reasonable if nobody actually wants me. Maybe it's just better if I give up on everything altogether instead of taking space up in this world for someone who can be a far better person than I am.

4WCYyji.png

Well met Cynder! Our guild Tyrs Paladium is very interested! We are one of the longest continuously running established GUILDs in the game. ENFORCED NO DRAMA adult guild. Casual is King here and we are all about the TEAMWORK. Old School guild here!!! 12 Years strong!!!

Thank you for the detailed post above I've read it all and feel you may indeed find great happiness in Tyrs.

--- We are very big supporters of the Able Gamers Foundation. That means we are open to ALL players that have accessibility challenges. No exceptions. You can see a video I did in order to try to make a difference and thusfar we've had several game developers working to make games more friendly to those who need special controllers, are colorblind or deaf, PTSD, and all kinds of challenges in between. Mostly we found over the years that simply welcoming these fine folks with OPEN ARMS defeats the greatest hurdle to overcome in gaming. You'll have zero problem in Tyrs Paladium.

Tyrs Guild Rule:

1. We at Tyrs Paladium take pride in our dedication to be inclusive of all types of gamers, regardless of ability. We have many members who are able to play and enjoy the game in spite of physical, cognitive and communication impairment. Please keep this in mind when playing. You never know who is behind the character you are talking to or playing with in game. We are proud supporters of the Able Gamers Foundation.

--- LGBTQ+ friendly. As you can see in our guild rules as well, we support and welcome guild members in the LGBTQ community and guarantee a happy and positive space to play Guild Wars 2 and our other games that we reside in. Issues simply do not arise in TYRs as guildies KNOW that we have a zero tolerance policy that we back up relating to harassment of anyone regardless of their beliefs.

Tyrs Guild Rule:

1. NO DISCRIMINATION! As a non-biased guild, Tyrs Paladium is committed to being a safe, welcoming space for all players. If you act or speak in a way that demeans or diminishes other people, you will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to, disrespect based on race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.

We will NEVER be larger than a mid sized guild, yet we run it tight knit. Everyone knows everybody in Tyrs! We are rebuilding after years in GW2 have finally diminished our numbers, althought we are finding GREAT success as we are in FULL RECRUIT Mode, which is a specialty of ours. Its a GREAT TIME to join Tyrs Paladium.

Do some research on us here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/27147/na-tyrs-tyrs-paladium-is-hiring-the-30-70-year-olds-guild

Fill out an application here! https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?site_game_id=136318

We do have an age limit which we find useful to eliminate much of the drama that comes with those youthful and crazy teen years we've all experienced. However, we do make exceptions when we thing the fit may be a good one and I see the potential for good things here. Yearning to be accepted and BE a somebody is a Tyrs Paladium tradition. We are a tight knit group here and everyone knows everybody. If this all sounds good to you... let me know and we will make an age exception for ya! :)

Some update regarding the latest posting: I might have overreacted which tends to happen in certain extreme situations and I know I shouldn't drag these problems onto a safe and public space such as the forums.However I'm surprised by some of the responses I got and I thank you.As of recent this whole post has become much more relevant due to a falling out with someone on Discord in the now former guild regarding some creepy activity and messages I got on a different site but that's not to be discussed here. I'm now desperately looking for at least an opportunity to continue getting back into raids so that there's at least a reason for me to keep playing the game as there's nothing left for me anymore to do. I'm as well looking for some nice like minded people to hang around with and do all kinds of activities since I can find myself very lonely most of the time as both my friend list and the two guilds I'm still assigned to are pretty much dead for several years 2 to 4 now. While I know that people can't play therapist I'd highly appreciate it if I can openly talk about any problems that I have and not be expected to completely be silent about it as it was the case with one guild once where I kind of felt uncomfortable in.In general I'm just searching for people to do all kinds of stuff ranging from missions to random things to raids and hang around with aside from the game and have a nice time together with.I know that this post will definitely be drowned by other posts and/or nobody even cares but I hope at least that someone will reach out.I'd be happy with anything I can get at the moment.

If there are any questions left or anything else you feel like saying please feel free to contact me about it.

I forgot to mention that I have very low self confidence and that I put my self down all the time thinking I'm the worst.I can understand if nobody wants to have me around or even considers giving me a chance. Maybe I don't really deserve this at all. Maybe I'm just bound to be lonely

Maybe I should just give up. Nobody wants me and I'm of no use to anyone. I just have to admit that i suck at everything I do wether it be the game, my music, my art or everything in general... That's why nobody seems to care about who I am, how I feel or what I do.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the message. I'm kinda devastated and sad at the moment due to the recent events over several months.Most of these few guilds I've had over this year now either split up or I was just too much of a burden.I tried looking through lfg, here and reddit multiple times but I can't seem to find anything or have luck with my search. I'm normally not the person to reach out myself as I'm quite introverted and just randomly messaging people by my own makes me just too anxious. That's why I usually wait for others to make the contact/offering first. I've also looked through other posts on every platform but I'm not really sure if in the end I can fit there or reach out.Anyways, most of my search criteria would have been NA anyways as EU seems to be very sparse on what I'm looking for. I'd even consider posting in the german subforum if it wasn't for getting death threats sent to me back in the old forums.I'm just simply looking for likeminded people, a place that is friendly and inclusive towards LGBTQIA+ people (as I had my fair share of harrassment and other bad experiences regarding my identity in other guilds), where it's not an issue to talk about things such as depression, people that want to play for the fun in a chill way, maybe having additional events on discord and mostly getting back into raids again.

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd like, I can invite you to my guild, WISE. We have no age restrictions, we only ask that you don't swear a lot, as there are people under the age of 15 that play. Also, I can empathize with you as I'm the same way. If you don't mind hugs, I'd really like to give you one! <3 Either way, just give it some thought and if you decide you want to give it a try, just let me know. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

@Tsakhi.8124 said:If you'd like, I can invite you to my guild, WISE. We have no age restrictions, we only ask that you don't swear a lot, as there are people under the age of 15 that play. Also, I can empathize with you as I'm the same way. If you don't mind hugs, I'd really like to give you one! <3 Either way, just give it some thought and if you decide you want to give it a try, just let me know. ^_^

Sorry, for the late reply. I just checked my notifications as I'm barely active here anymore due to the fact that nobody would notice a post like this anyways.I appreciate your offer and i'd like to maybe talk things through in Discord if possible so that this thread wouldn't be considered spam because of the answers.

@Cynder.2509 said:

@Tsakhi.8124 said:If you'd like, I can invite you to my guild, WISE. We have no age restrictions, we only ask that you don't swear a lot, as there are people under the age of 15 that play. Also, I can empathize with you as I'm the same way. If you don't mind hugs, I'd really like to give you one! <3 Either way, just give it some thought and if you decide you want to give it a try, just let me know. ^_^

Sorry, for the late reply. I just checked my notifications as I'm barely active here anymore due to the fact that nobody would notice a post like this anyways.I appreciate your offer and i'd like to maybe talk things through in Discord if possible so that this thread wouldn't be considered spam because of the answers.

No need for apologies! Just PM me your Discord name or I can give you mine.

• 4 weeks later...

@Tsakhi.8124 said:

No need for apologies! Just PM me your Discord name or I can give you mine.

Sorry for being so late again. I hardly check this thread anymore since I don't believe I'll have any luck here anymore as well as the fact that I turned off all notifications because notifications always get me scared and make me think instantly that I'm banned.

Hi friend, I don't play on EU or have a guild for you. I just wanted to say I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find a home to play in. I'm sure there is a place for you and maybe it will just take some time. It happens to a lot of people especially with how small the Gw2 raiding community is.

Be well and stay positive!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello mate, I'm not part of the community but I just read the post. I looked around and I found this thread : https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/103650/lgbtqia-friendly-guild-court-of-the-mythical-beasts-myth-is-recruiting#latestMaybe try joining .As for life in general the only thing I can suggest to stranger on the internet is stay strong and try to be positive and do things you like, these are the things that keep us going.