What to do now that personal story is done.

I loved leveling up. I did it completely solo except for one part in Icebrood. I want more stuff I can do alone. I've thought about crafting but don't know what I should go for. I thought about fractals and strike missions but that is dependent on other people. I've got other chars I can level up but it's kind of boring since I already know the story. I like collecting. So what collections should I be going for? I have griffon. Should I go for Skyscale? What is fun for a solo player after the story?

Fractals are good and also helpful for getting some more central Tyria mastery points. I don't do strikes so no opinion there. Also love crafting -- try it and see how you like it; as for which crafting discipline to start with, it depends. Do you want to craft a Legendary Weapon some day? (there's another long-term project that you might enjoy) If so, see what crafting you'd need. Have you gotten elite specializations? Those are journeys of mastery points and things to acquire.

I loathed the Skyscale collection (it's a little easier now compared to the first week) but was glad I stuck with it and got the Skyscale, as it's by far my most-used mount now. Did you get the Beetle? That was a fairly quick process, and although I don't use it much it is useful in certain situations. Have fun, so much to do!

Look through the wiki for cool weapons that you can craft, some of which only require the Mystic Forge. You probably have a lot of spirit shards, etc, so could put them to good use. The Mystic Weapons are an example, or search for "Quiver" and see what Ascended back pieces you can forge. Just some examples. GW2crafts.net provides handy guides to max out crafting.

If you enjoy the collections, do the Elite Specialization collections for the easy ascended weapons. HoT + PoF = 18 collections. Ascended gear might be a little overkill at first, but the skins are definitely worth the trouble. And you can switch stats of ascended gear, so they can be seen as permanent investments. You can also participate in open world group-content without participating in a group. So you can join bounty runs and tag along other events, which just happen to take place.

Stuff that is in my opinion worth the trouble:

There is a lot to do. I still feel like I have barely scratched the surface.

Try to join a guild sooner or later. One that is comfortable with solo players and relaxed. The newbie-guilds and social guilds are great. They do group-content like Fractals & Dungeons and slowly introduce you to that type of content. Maybe you will enjoy it. It is a greater part of the Endgame in GW2 and totally worth a try.

Try to join a guild sooner or later. One that is comfortable with solo players and relaxed. The newbie-guilds and social guilds are great. They do group-content like Fractals & Dungeons and slowly introduce you to that type of content. Maybe you will enjoy it. It is a greater part of the Endgame in GW2 and totally worth a try.

Can you suggest one? I have tried a few but they are not very active.

Are you EU or NA? The activity of those guilds usually varies. Before joining, it is good to ask what the prime-time of the guild is. This depends mostly on where the players of the guild are located (physical) and the average age. That is something you can easily check during the first pm with the leaders. Just ask about the prime-time or if there is a region most of the guild are from. Some, not all, of the social guilds rely on the leaders charisma. So you can notice an increased activity whenever they log.

Frankly, the best place to find more cool stuff to do is in your Achievements tab in the Hero panel. Look under the Side Stories category, for starters. Knight of the Thorn gives you a quest to make your own Caladbolg, for example.

Also, look for achievements with treasure chests or other rewards attached to them, if you prefer activities that give you cool stuff instead of just achievement points. Uncanny Jar is an easy one that gives you a 20-slot bag.

I'm envious of the fact you have a griffon. I've been working towards that and all I have left to do is to get the Runes of Justice and Honesty, but I find them tough to get. In any case, this thread gives me all sorts of ideas of other things to pursue while I work through LV4 and griffon. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

World Completion

Crafting -So choosing a crafting profession. Weapons give you the most bang for your buck in terms of stat bonuses. So you will want to train the weapon skill that corresponds with the ascended weapon you want to make. Ascended weapon is the top gear in game. Legendary has the same stats as ascended except you can change the stats of the weapon outside of combat. Some legendaries can be brought from the trading post.

Skyscale is between griffon and springer. Both griffon and springer do their jobs faster. But skyscale does those jobs more precisely but a little slower. Depending on the situation skyscale can even do the job better. Like too much height, a level 3 skyscale will outmaneuver a springer, if there are no intermediate ledges for the springer to jump onto.

Achievement hunting in achievement panel

Training masteries

Doing the other stories in game.

A lot of the good money making activities are group farms. But because they're open world, you can just randomly join up. Don't have to be an official part of any group or squad. It's open world, you can be in the same location as them if you want to be.