Raids Without Downed State

Usian.1278

With more rewards, wouldn't it be fun?Just like this week with the no down-state debuff on WvW, and it was a thing on the ERP (Elitist Raiding Party).It has been proven to be so much punishing/satisfying to do raids with this particular debuff.Also, it has been implemented in the game so it would be such a cost for the devs to put it in. (So I guess)

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Oh, sure. I'm certain that inroducing a feature that would make even less people interested in a content that has already been abandoned due to not being popular enough would be a brilliant idea....oh wait

"Feature that would make even less people interested" so you say. I think it would make them more interesting thus making people play it.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Oh, sure. I'm certain that inroducing a feature that would make even less people interested in a content that has already been abandoned due to not being popular enough would be a brilliant idea....oh wait

To be fair.... how does an
optional choice for more loot
make it less popular?

That was my first thought as well.Like a new higher tier challenge mode or something, could be fun for some.

The issue with more reward is that it's more attractive.The most attractive soon become the standard.Players find it's harder to meet the standard, they turn themself toward what the one that meet this standard play.Some professions aren't used to meet this standard and it created complains that those professions are weak.Players that are downed will also take the brunt of the toxicity (maybe even kicked without a word).

All in all, you just increase the requirement of the meta and lower skilled players end up adding a layer of toxicity. More reward is a terrible idea, sorry.

No downstate would mostly have different, safer comps and strats. Stuff like zerker/valkyrie power dpsers (esp. scrapper, thief, tactics warr and power renegade), trailblazer's/carrion condi dpsers and minstrel's support would likely be meta for non-speedrunner groups in such setting. Though ofc that'd need to be optional for better rewards. But Kitty kinda likes the idea.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Oh, sure. I'm certain that inroducing a feature that would make even less people interested in a content that has already been abandoned due to not being popular enough would be a brilliant idea....oh wait

make it less popular?

That was my first thought as well.Like a new higher tier challenge mode or something, could be fun for some.

Or turn cms into that and make them repeatable.

@zealex.9410 said:

make it less popular?

CMS becoming a standard for fractal t4 runs did a lot about decreasing fractal overall popularity.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

make it less popular?

CMS becoming a standard for fractal t4 runs did a lot about decreasing fractal overall popularity.

2 out of 98 cant be blamed for fractal decreased popularity, maybe its becouse they arent being updated.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

make it less popular?

Not releasing a fractal for more than a year and random instabs did alot more than adding cms could've ever done.

Basically, they got the raid treatment and that killed alot of the player engagement.

@zealex.9410 said:

make it less popular?

Not releasing a fractal for more than a year and random instabs did alot more than adding cms could've ever done.

Basically, they got the raid treatment and that killed alot of the player engagement.

Come on now this isn't fair. After all, rumors of Fractal death are highly exaggerated, they are very committed to releasing new Fractals and actively support them constantly. /s

@Astralporing.1957 said:

make it less popular?

Are they? News to me.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

make it less popular?

Come on now this isn't fair. After all, rumors of Fractal death are highly exaggerated, they are
very
committed to releasing new Fractals and actively support them constantly. /s

Fractals are completed. They should make new dungeons :(

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:CMS becoming a standard for fractal t4 runs did a lot about decreasing fractal overall popularity.

2 out of 98 cant be blamed for fractal decreased popularity, maybe its becouse they arent being updated.It's not a case of "2 out of 98". It was a case of the top tier of fractal players moving to "T4+cm" runs, and essences/LNHB appearing as LFG requirements, separating the fractal community into the far less numerous "experienced" group, and the rest. It might have had no noticeable immediate impact on those experienced players, but the end effect was a decrease among the "middle tier" players (and, eventually, almost complete disappearance of this player group among the fractal runners).

And all of it happened long before Anet stopped developing new fractals, by the way. That was just a last nail in the coffin.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

make it less popular?

No update for almost 2 years wasnt the reason or even the addition of slippery slope and birds. It were the cms afterall. Imagine if there wouldnt be any new open world map for almost 2 years. How many players would be left doing the old maps?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:CMS becoming a standard for fractal t4 runs did a lot about decreasing fractal overall popularity.

2 out of 98 cant be blamed for fractal decreased popularity, maybe its becouse they arent being updated.It's not a case of "2 out of 98". It was a case of the top tier of fractal players moving to "T4+cm" runs, and essences/LNHB appearing as LFG requirements, separating the fractal community into the far less numerous "experienced" group, and the rest. It might have had no noticeable immediate impact on those experienced players, but the end effect was a decrease among the "middle tier" players (and, eventually, almost complete disappearance of this player group among the fractal runners).

And all of it happened long before Anet stopped developing new fractals, by the way. That was just a last nail in the coffin.

No, you have that backwards.

Fractal popularity decreasing is in large part due to lack of new content.

Those who run CMs are already a majority of more committed players. They are sticking with the content they invested time into mastering or are in general more "hardcore" players. The "middle" tier players falling away is mostly because they are given a choice: become more proficient and start doing CMs or not, thus remaining in the pool of weaker players in T4. Many then simply decide to eventually quit given no new content or challenge.

That has nothing to do that part of the player base, who likely are more engaged to begin with, sticking with the content. It's an overall player drought, which affects to regular tier stronger, and the upper tier less, yet still affecting it.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

make it less popular?

No update for almost 2 years wasnt the reason or even the addition of slippery slope and birds. It were the cms afterall. Imagine if there wouldnt be any new open world map for almost 2 years. How many players would be left doing the old maps?

Well to be fair, some old maps are still quite popular, Silverwastes for example is still one of the best farms in the game.Generally agree on the CM though, it might have been a contributing factor but I'd put more blame on the slow addition of new fractal maps more than anything.. and yeah some annoying mechanics which just made playing them a bit tedious at times.Bit of everything adding up.