PvP Gear

Coeruleum.9164

Could we just have regular gear in PvP? Making people use different gear in PvP doesn't make people use different gear from each other. It just makes people all use the same PvP gear that's different from the same PvE and WvW gear they're already using. People all use the same gear because most people copy popular builds, not because there's only a few viable builds in the game. Most people play warrior and ranger but that doesn't mean it's not viable to play mesmer and revenant. It just means most people do what other people do. Now, I do think we should continue having a special system for PvP gear where you just have all your PvP gear unlocked and you can use it at any time. I also think having somewhat different stats on some PvP gear is OK too. What I don't get is why you just can't use any on crit sigils at all as well as many swap sigils, or entire rune sets, or why we have amulets instead of being able to pick out our armor and weapon stats. I also would get not being able to use slaying sigils in PvP, but any generic effect should really be on the table even if it has to be rebalanced.

I'm still struggling to understand what you're trying to say here.

Ammulets are gear, they control all your stats for PvP. Do note that if you do not have boots on you will lose stats in pvp.

They removed a lot of passive damage sigils for obvious reasons...

There used to be a nasty combo in pvp where you'd have the Hydromancy sigil on your main weapon, and sigil of leaching. This caused 2k damage just from swapping weapons. Hense why damage sigils were removed.

@Smoosh.2718 said:I'm still struggling to understand what you're trying to say here.

Same. On the one hand, it sounds like OP wants PvP to use the gear our characters can wear, much like WvW. On the other hand, it also sounds like maybe all he wants is a wider variety of sigils and runes back, as well as perhaps the various amulets that have been removed for balance purposes.

I think the normalized gear system for spvp is still one of the best things about spvp in this game. I'd like it to stay the way it is.

The reason is for SPvP to have normalized stats instead of just being the guy with the best gear gets an advantage. It makes it easier for people to just jump right into PvP. The current selection came from taking out cancerous sigils and amulets. There used to be a lot more choices and where as you think it made for more choices it didn't because there was a few that just outperformed all the rest. Every power build ran sigil of air and sigil of blood or sigil of fire on their main weapon set. The reason was that sigil of air procs beat out sigil of force in overall DPS. Then you just picked if you wanted an AoE proc or a life steal proc. Those were just a matter of choice. Then the ranged weapon option usually had sigil of energy along with another sigil that did an aoe condi proc. Usually the one that did chill. Then that was it really. Everything else was inferior and anybody who ran something different eventually picked those choices when they kept losing. Runes were pretty much the same way. Pretty much every power build used runes of vampirism because in addition to the extra power and lifesteal procs you got mistform when you got hit below 20% health to run away and hopefully get healed. Some people took Pack runes for all the boons but that was usually higher end players that didn't need the panic passive.