LAG LAG LAG - Anet please stop ignoring the community on this! - [Merged]

@Friday.7864 said:Dozens of Internet providers having issues or dozen of different PC configurations having performance issues at the same time is nonsense.Players own Internet provider is very small part of internet. When connection is made from your PC to server. First it goes to your internet provider, then other internet provider, then next internet provider and so on, until it's reach the internet provider where the server is.

Lets look situation as reversed ways. Lets start from server side. Now depending what direction on this planet you are compared to servers location, the connection will start to go different route after it get's out of servers internet provider.

Example let assume server would be in German. Now route to Italy will be totally different than route to Norwey. Same ways that car would have to go different roads. How ever route to Norwey could be some parts same than Sweden, because they are in same direction to compared to German.

Point been that server could be only common for these players, but it could also be internet provider to servers or some internet provider after that. When there is alot of people suffering by the situation, but not all, I would assume that issue is very close to servers. If it would be servers, then everyone would have same issue without no exception.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Friday.7864" said:The only thing this many people have in common is playing on the same server, nothing else.Dozens of Internet providers having issues or dozen of different PC configurations having performance issues at the same time is nonsense.
Opb62Ex.pngfrC6nf8.png

Except, they could all be using the same Tier 1 backbone, as there are only a few available.

You would have ask each and every one use a program like PingPlotter to find which Tier 1 backbone is in use.

(And, it's possible more than one of the 7 or so is having issues at the same time.)

If the entire backbone had issues I'd be having issues on all maps. This way Crystal oasis is fine while the next minute in Desert Highlands I die at a hero point due to the slideshow. Besides, the internet backbone is very well maintained, unlike GW.We saw a bit of everything in the past few months: more and more maps lagging, rollback, login issues (several times), issues with instances and quite a few problems in wvw and pvp. We didn't even have a fraction of these issues last year.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm sorry to hear you have those issues. Could be due to more traffic on the internet since so many now stay at/work from home.I hope you experience some relief.

Perhaps, the new player-limit in WvW will help you.

Wish this was true, its happening to me ever since Icebrood Saga. Before no issues whatsoever. First it was Thunderhead Peaks for me but later on also in main PoF maps which can be a simple vista on a map with like 1 other person in sight. Bounties, thats a big slideshow. The Dragon Bash festival zero lag. Fractals do have some lag in some of them (the one with Amala lagged for me as in skills not going off). Previously never an issue. I guess this fractal may be on the same servers or something as the PoF and lws4 maps. Or there is some visual thing (or a change into how their client works), or whatever slipped into all this content with icebrood saga that makes something go unplayable laggy. At Pof launch and lws4 launches I could be in a big blob and experience almost no lag (just the to expected one now and then but not slideshows, desyncing and skills not going off).

I really love the Path of Fire Expansion, but how am i supposed to have fun, when everything is just a lag festival? Its really fun, when you cant finish your needed Hero Points. Please fix your second Expansion before you release the third one, thank you.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm sorry to hear you have those issues. Could be due to more traffic on the internet since so many now stay at/work from home.I hope you experience some relief.

Perhaps, the new player-limit in WvW will help you.

The issue isn't the player limit, its the load balancing, and potentially a load balancing server that is mis-configured.Also, it seems that the reconnect option I talked about is causing me to get hard disconnected from the name server. Guess when I have server lag in pvp i just have to take the spurts of 10 second long lost return packets.

Had a particularly horrific experience tonight with a small skirmish group in wvw (6 of us) roaming. Worst I've ever experienced. Coming from different sides of the Atlantic (mix of UK/US) on NA server, both experiencing issues with rubberbanding, skill lag and a few dcs.

• 1 month later...

What an irony. I just returned from ESO due to lags and bugs. Turns out GW2 isn't any better these days. I always refer to this game as most flawless because of my past experience. Well, that's over for now I guess. I can't recomend a game that freezes for a couple of seconds during a Champ-Fight, rising frustration through the roof. Please fix this!

There are many threads about this problem for more than a year and they never ever communicated about this problem. They just ignored it all the time.Do you realy expect them to do something now?My guess is they just wrote the statement now in order to soothe the community. BUt I don't think they will actually work on this huge problem.More than a year, I think they just don't care anymore.

For the first time in a good while I had pretty smooth running on Bjora Marches, easily the laggiest map for me usually.

And then Drakkar spawned.. I got there and there were at most 20 people, smallest group i've ever had during this boss event.And the lag spikes we were getting where honestly just as bad as if the map was full and there was AoE condi spam everywhere..

There's no way this lag was caused by too many players and too much going on.. it had to be something else.I still have suspicions that maybe too much stress on WvW servers might be throttling PvE and PvP servers too.. I dunno, but for me I do notice these lag issues are more common around WvW's peak times so kinda easy to suspect the problems are related.

If they are and Anet knows they are that could be why they've avoided saying anything about it.. I could definitely see a scenario where Anet comes out and just says this game wide lag is because of WvW and almost the entire PvE and PvP community just comes out and starts demanding WvW be shut down for the sake of the rest of the game >.<That would be a total kittenshow situation..

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Friday.7864" said:The only thing this many people have in common is playing on the same server, nothing else.Dozens of Internet providers having issues or dozen of different PC configurations having performance issues at the same time is nonsense.
Opb62Ex.pngfrC6nf8.png

Except, they could all be using the same Tier 1 backbone, as there are only a few available.

You would have ask each and every one use a program like PingPlotter to find which Tier 1 backbone is in use.

(And, it's possible more than one of the 7 or so is having issues at the same time.)

I highly doubt people from all over the globe(I've talked to people in russia, australia, new zealand, america, and south america that all lag at the same time in the same zones) are going through the same T1.

For me the lag is constant in desert highlands or elon riverlands, even if latency shows 75-80 I will get constant micro lag resulting in constant 2-3 second delays, as for any other map the lags fine, only bad lag is the mega world boss zerg. Which is server unable to handle the player load.

I'm a returning player from 4½ years out, and sincerely, It's SO frustrating when I'm in SandSwept Isles and at anytime of the day, everyone on the map says they are experiencing major lags too... This is by all evidence server-side...

Anet says that it's under investigation... But I wonder are they really investigating?Seeing how long it's been happening, There's reasons to doubt about it...

Game is too laggy to play. I ask in /map and multiple other people say they are lagging too. I'm in the first zone of Path of Fire (NA) if people are curious.

I just bought the expansions and I'm regretting my decision. If you are new (or returning like me) think twice before giving them your money.

@MaximeP.7524 said:I'm a returning player from 4½ years out, and sincerely, It's SO frustrating when I'm in SandSwept Isles and at anytime of the day, everyone on the map says they are experiencing major lags too... This is by all evidence server-side...

Possibly for EU but not NA.

Anet says that it's under investigation... But I wonder are they really investigating?Seeing how long it's been happening, There's reasons to doubt about it...

They’re doing it on a player by player basis it seems based on those who submitted data to Anet. You can try submitted traceroute and/or ping plotter data through a help ticket to see if Anet could resolve your situation. If it’s determined that it’s due to your ISP then you’d need to contact whomever that is.

@"Ramooh.3286" said:Game is too laggy to play. I ask in /map and multiple other people say they are lagging too. I'm in the first zone of Path of Fire (NA) if people are curious.

I just bought the expansions and I'm regretting my decision. If you are new (or returning like me) think twice before giving them your money.

I was on the same map as you were and was one of the people who responded in map chat indicating that what we were experiencing was totally out of the ordinary. As I mentioned in map chat, I am sorry that your new player experience has been dampened by lag but don't take the lag today as the "normal" for the game.

To the Devs: this was on NA servers, Desert Highlands IP 3.219.113.40I ran the Boss Rush for the daily and noticed lag but that is a mass event and always has lag, what we experienced in Desert Highlands was skill/ability lag, chat lag and game stall/pause for 1-2s mid fight.