Eotm: No downed state permanent?

Justine.6351

So, the one map we argued against, and then when we did go there, we were told to leave because we wanted fights and not the circle ktrain of avoiding other players etc etc that we stated was only popular to PvE players because of it's over the top reward system in relation to normal WvW that vets had been playing for years with jokes for rewards, that we were then told was NOT true, and then rewards were nerfed and it died in 2 weeks after?

So now, you want us to go to the PvE map we never wanted or asked for? Amazing.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:So, the one map we argued against, and then when we did go there, we were told to leave because we wanted fights and not the circle ktrain of avoiding other players etc etc that we stated was only popular to PvE players because of it's over the top reward system in relation to normal WvW that vets had been playing for years with jokes for rewards, that we were then told was NOT true, and then rewards were nerfed and it died in 2 weeks after?

Give the pitchfork a rest.

I mean... People were against gliders, it doesn't have gliders. People were against mounts, it doesn't have mounts. People are against downstate, ... I think I follow your train of thoughts. I dont know if I -agree-, but from a logical standpoint, it's literally using the arguments of the complainers and tell them "Well there you go ! you got what you wanted". But given that the afforemented gliders and mounts already being missing, and the map being literally nothing more than a glorified lobby, I think those people arent ready to stand by their opinions.

@Justine.6351 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:So, the one map we argued against, and then when we did go there, we were told to leave because we wanted fights and not the circle ktrain of avoiding other players etc etc that we stated was only popular to PvE players because of it's over the top reward system in relation to normal WvW that vets had been playing for years with jokes for rewards, that we were then told was NOT true, and then rewards were nerfed and it died in 2 weeks after?

So you have no argument, got it.

@Justine.6351 said:Make no downed state permanent in eotm and see if people migrate there. No mounts, no gliders and no downed state. It is a testing ground after all.

No, this wouldn't fix the issue that the answer is zerg or to zerg. And to get real tests we would need to run it in a production environment to fully understand if the change would be beneficial overtime. Since EoTM is not tied into WvW and since it doesn't use the same rules it wouldn't be a good test location for how downstate changes would impact retention and game play. These weekly events do, kinda. The problem is that tieing in bonus WxP in as well can be misleading since it will have attractions to multiple aspects and dividing out the sources of the draw would be fuzzy at best. So we need either events without bonuses or we need stand alone event's with just bonuses to understand scale.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Can't argue with people who think anything ever done or will ever be done in wvw is a mistake.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Make no downed state permanent in eotm and see if people migrate there. No mounts, no gliders and no downed state. It is a testing ground after all.

No, this wouldn't fix the issue that the answer is zerg or to zerg. And to get real tests we would need to run it in a production environment to fully understand if the change would be beneficial overtime. Since EoTM is not tied into WvW and since it doesn't use the same rules it wouldn't be a good test location for how downstate changes would impact retention and game play. These weekly events do, kinda. The problem is that tieing in bonus WxP in as well can be misleading since it will have attractions to multiple aspects and dividing out the sources of the draw would be fuzzy at best. So we need either events without bonuses or we need stand alone event's with just bonuses to understand scale.

Or they could just make it a thing in eotm and see what happens. No need to be complicated.

@Justine.6351 said:

Or they could just make it a thing in eotm and see what happens. No need to be complicated.

Not trying to be complicated, just not sure how good a measure you would get. Hypothetically these NDS weeks could partially be used to measure, but with the extra WxP and loot gains I feel there are at least some out here for that and may not be here for the NDS.

@"Naxos.2503" said:I mean... People were against gliders, it doesn't have gliders. People were against mounts, it doesn't have mounts. People are against downstate, ... I think I follow your train of thoughts. I dont know if I -agree-, but from a logical standpoint, it's literally using the arguments of the complainers and tell them "Well there you go ! you got what you wanted". But given that the afforemented gliders and mounts already being missing, and the map being literally nothing more than a glorified lobby, I think those people arent ready to stand by their opinions.

I personally thought the idea of gliders in wvw were a great idea, I just wish we could perform bombing runs on an enemy zerg storming your keep. Someone with a balli can shoot you out of the sky, but the only thing you can do while gliding is evade. We didn't think we needed mounts because we had maps which were flat, didn't have hazards, and were small; they added mounts because of mounts being able to navigate certain types of terrain (or in the case of the beetle not navigate). I see the warclaw as kind of like the shield generator, something added to wvw from PoF. We didn't really notice how much of a difference no downstate, and no ressing while in combat, made in wvw until they made the change.

Thing is, I think eotm was supposed to be for people who wanted to know how to play WvW, and as an overflow if ebg and all of the borderlands were full. But not bringing participation pips, mounts, or gliding, and reducing the rate at which you earn reward track progress really made it so that nobody wanted to play it. Reverse that, and people might come back to eotm.

@Justine.6351 said:

Can't argue with people who think anything ever done or will ever be done in wvw is a mistake.

So, your idea is a bad one, I make some points about why, you have zero counter and that means I think anything done in WvW is a mistake? Lol.....OK.

So what you are actually saying is that you want to post on a public forum and have everyone echo chamber your idea, got it.

Btw, it's not a new one, and has been brought up many times before, they also had no reason behind it, other than they want to push out anyone who wants no DS into EoTM, so they can ktrain WvW in map blobs, and are the same people who wanted fight oriented players kicked out of EoTM and told us to leave the map when it was THE place to ktrain.

BTW, I am also one of the people who when EoTM first came out, stated it was going to be a ktrain PvE heaven, and that most WvW tags didn't ask for it or want it, I was told I was wrong. Then once it did become the ktrain map, I said it was, and the only reason people played it was for rewards and alt leveling, I was again told I was wrong. Then the reward nerf happened, and in two weeks it was dead.

You want to push the people who were right about everything all along, including about EoTM, and toss us the crumbs of the failed designs and ideas we said not to do? LOL....OK.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

So, your idea is a bad one, I make some points about why, you have zero counter and that means I think anything done in WvW is a mistake? Lol.....OK.

So what you are actually saying is that you want to post on a public forum and have everyone echo chamber your idea, got it.

Btw, it's not a new one, and has been brought up many times before, they also had no reason behind it, other than they want to push out anyone who wants no DS into EoTM, so they can ktrain WvW in map blobs, and are the same people who wanted fight oriented players kicked out of EoTM and told us to leave the map when it was THE place to ktrain.

BTW, I am also one of the people who when EoTM first came out, stated it was going to be a ktrain PvE heaven, and that most WvW tags didn't ask for it or want it, I was told I was wrong. Then once it did become the ktrain map, I said it was, and the only reason people played it was for rewards and alt leveling, I was again told I was wrong. Then the reward nerf happened, and in two weeks it was dead.

You want to push the people who were right about everything all along, including about EoTM, and toss us the crumbs of the failed designs and ideas we said not to do? LOL....OK.

And this is why I didn't give you a real response. You posted with an assumption about my position on the matter being that of a karma train monkey. I could smell that a mile away and its the same rehashed garbage spewed every time someone tries to generate an idea for wvw. So yeah, keep that pitchfork sharpened.

@Justine.6351 said:

And this is why I didn't give you a real response. You posted with an assumption about my position on the matter being that of a karma train monkey. I could smell that a mile away and its the same rehashed garbage spewed every time someone tries to generate an idea for wvw. So yeah, keep that pitchfork sharpened.

Then, I don't know, clarify your position and how it is going to help anything? Or how about deny that is your reasoning? That might actually be helpful. And yes, posting an idea on the forums and having someone give a reason it's a bad idea or not wanted, is part of a discussion, if you don't want to have one, or explain your position or defend it.....Why post it?

I really don't understand what is so hard about that.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

Then, I don't know, clarify your position and how it is going to help anything? Or how about deny that is your reasoning? That might actually be helpful. And yes, posting an idea on the forums and having someone give a reason it's a bad idea or not wanted, is part of a discussion, if you don't want to have one, or explain your position or defend it.....Why post it?

I really don't understand what is so hard about that.

It was an idea was all. Didn't need the same ole toxic pitchforking every thread in wvw section seems to get.