Unable to purchase gems TODAY after buying gems yesterday

after checking out the support forum i noticed many people got this error and they got same reply bot message as i got:I received a reply from support on my ticket as to why I am unable to purchase gems.

"Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks. They are currently reviewing what’s preventing you from completing a purchase and we will send you an update as soon as this is complete. Although it’s typically much quicker, this process can take up to 12 hours."

Yeah I've been getting the same problem today when trying to buy gems. Yesterday and the days before there was not a single problem.

So hopefully whatever the payment process error is (be it on Arena.net's side or their payment provider), that it will be fixed soon.

It's really bad when your legit customers can't send you money...I don't know what's up with the servers but I've been back for a month or so and had issues every single day. Error 7, Error 42, disconnections during story quests, it has no end...Anet please help us help you :disappointed:

Unfortunately Inculpatus, the "billing" customer support team for Arena.net have very little access to their payment provider, be it ingenico or another provider. They would need to escalate each report case to their team leader, who would have access to review the payment error reports, within their payment tools.

9 times out of 10, it's the payment provider having the problem and they themselves can review the incoming purchase attempts on their side for Arena.net and see "oh it's failing to enter our verification phase" for example.

Sure, sending a report to customer support can give them more numbers to as who is personally affected. But if their community team is doing their job, they would be reviewing the forums, reddit, discord and other forms of social media to also see it's a problem that is impacting players from all corners of the globe.

Eitherway, I can still play and enjoy the content, but I just want to make my purchases before any discounts are removed :)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The issue(s), whatever they may be for each person, are unlikely to 'just be solved'. You are encouraged to submit a ticket to the Billing CS Team, and have them assist you.

We are talking about server/backend performance issues. This is the place to discuss this.We aren't "a single customer who's having issues", we are literally HUNDREDS at this point.Look at these forums, look at Reddit. Posts everywhere about this.

Code or at least server configuration/performance needs to be diagnosed and improved.Hell, even network performance is diagnosable (even if it can be hard since it's hosted on AWS)There are proven issues with the backend of the game.Every week there are more and more customers trying to play the game/use the TP/buy gems who are having game breaking issues.Legit customers are going away because of performance.

How else could we explain that? Where else?

EDIT: Errors I'm having with the gem store are TIMEOUTS which implies the server fails to reply in a timely fashion to the client (the game).Other payment gateway-specific issues aren't covered by this post.

@"Doowie.3078" said:Unfortunately Inculpatus, the "billing" customer support team for Arena.net have very little access to their payment provider, be it ingenico or another provider. They would need to escalate each report case to their team leader, who would have access to review the payment error reports, within their payment tools.

9 times out of 10, it's the payment provider having the problem and they themselves can review the incoming purchase attempts on their side for Arena.net and see "oh it's failing to enter our verification phase" for example.

Sure, sending a report to customer support can give them more numbers to as who is personally affected. But if their community team is doing their job, they would be reviewing the forums, reddit, discord and other forms of social media to also see it's a problem that is impacting players from all corners of the globe.

Eitherway, I can still play and enjoy the content, but I just want to make my purchases before any discounts are removed :)

Actually this is a common thing for Anet to occasionally block in-game purchases through your account, and it's a measure they take before your payment info goes to payment processing. If you put in a ticket with the problem, they'll usually correct it with relative ease. I've had similar issues corrected for myself with Anet in the past.

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:

@"Doowie.3078" said:Unfortunately Inculpatus, the "billing" customer support team for Arena.net have very little access to their payment provider, be it ingenico or another provider. They would need to escalate each report case to their team leader, who would have access to review the payment error reports, within their payment tools.

Actually this is a common thing for Anet to occasionally block in-game purchases through your account, and it's a measure they take before your payment info goes to payment processing. If you put in a ticket with the problem, they'll usually correct it with relative ease. I've had similar issues corrected for myself with Anet in the past.

If I have the problem again in the future, I'll submit a ticket. As it's a bit strange to block a valid payment source, which as been used to purchase game, plus multiple gem purchases in the past.

Flagging the payment as possible fraud, should be done on the first payment attempt with the card for example. I know a ton about the whole payment process systems, so it was just a tad strange, especially with the error that was generated by the system, which didn't really say as a possible reason.

But as mentioned above, I was able to get the gems purchased to get my living world seasons added to this account.

I'm having the same problem, both with my debit card (same one I've used for years) and Paypal. It gets right to the end of the process, after I've accepted the terms and conditions and then briefly flashes up an error saying 'something went wrong'.

At first I was trying just after bank tabs went on sale and I thought maybe it was just getting overwhelmed with people buying gems at the same time, but I left it several hours and it's still giving me the same error. I've submitted a ticket, but I might try again later tonight in case it does work. (I've checked my bank account and none of the transactions have gone through, so I'm not worried about it taking the money twice.)

I am having a similar but slightly different problem. I successfully purchased gems on 2 accounts and had them show up, but on the third account it accepted payment (confirmed by checking my bank transactions) but didn't give me any gems. My final account it just gave me the same error I had a few days ago the last time I tried to buy gems for that account that everyone else here also seems to be seeing.

Same issue too and I submitted a ticket over a day ago with a response almost 12 hours ago that it's being looked into. I've been a impatient because some sales are ending tomorrow, so I've been trying to troubleshoot different methods tonight again. A short while ago I was able to finally make two successful gem purchases at two random times not consecutivley. I just kept logging out then deleting the gw2cache after each attempt and retyping my billing information to match exactly as it is with my bank. I have no idea if this is what really fixed it to make those two purchases happen, but I can confirm that the purchase error would immediately happen again after making a successful purchase. So this was just a weird bandaid solution that somehow worked for me. It's obviously still an ongoing issue affecting many people.

• 1 year later...

I've called more than often for more descriptive error messages. But alas.

When I got this error, my gem purchase attempts were blocked by DigitalRiver AI bots who smelled fraud in my transaction. problem is that these are bots and that their sense of smell (algorithm) is not very sophisticated.

However, support was helpful and able to contact DigitalRiver and remove the block.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, assassin.5964 said:

after checking out the support forum i noticed many people got this error and they got same reply bot message as i got:I received a reply from support on my ticket as to why I am unable to purchase gems.

"Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks. They are currently reviewing what’s preventing you from completing a purchase and we will send you an update as soon as this is complete. Although it’s typically much quicker, this process can take up to 12 hours."

This is the same message I got from support, and after around 24 hours I got a second message that it was solved and I was able to buy gems again. So, support is quite helpful, don't blame them for the mess.

• Thanks 1