Alpha Beetle

DemKin.9063

My quest for my roller beetle has come to an abrupt stop with this achievement. Been looking for a group since yesterday to kill this Alpha beetle, been clearing the Far Silverwastes map and making the event spawn, putting my group up in LFG in several tabs, I think there is not a single soul left on this planet who seeks to do this event, even less come to help someone who does. Hell, three quarters of the people on this deserted map don't even know how to get there. Sometimes I see a poor sod asking "anybody on the map?", often left unanswered, makes the wait not only tediously long, but also pretty sad.Been trying to solo it, combat takes forever, and with my light character one mistake is enough to get me killed gg no re. From my point of view, it's perhaps time to switch back this damned beetle to a bronze or silver state instead of a gold one... My two cents.

A good day to all.

It wasn't bugged, it was getting killed by a huge mob of players trying to unlock the beetle. Anet responded by turning the veteran into a champion. Now the mob is gone, having no reason to fight it so people who are alone will have trouble with this now. The event should have been made to scale with the number of people in the Far Silverwastes instead of being a flat upgrade to champion to avoid this problem.