Thiefs don't care...

Galmac.4680

... about doors. Just say today some Baruch thief on the alpine borderlands, who simply jumped into the left southern spawn tower, although it wasn't in his servers hand. Just jumped on the wall ledge right from the door, then onto the door and was inside. Doesn't even look like a hack, just the normal jumps of a thief. Of course we lost this tower every now and then.ANet, please add some invisible wall above the door that nobody can jump above it into the tower!!

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao cuz teef jumps soooooo different than EVERY other class. U do realized they jump the same? If they're glitching thru walls it's a map design issue not a teef issue. These forums get funnier as time goes on lol.

This is incorrect, Daredevil has access to some mechanics that aren't universally accessible due to Vault, etc.

And yes, this has happened many times. There's several classes that can find their way into forts due to oversights by the devs when designing the skills. Warclaw had the same problem at first and they had to add some invisible walls.

I remember at one time you could even glide into several forts where the border was too close to it.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lmao cuz teef jumps soooooo different than EVERY other class. U do realized they jump the same? If they're glitching thru walls it's a map design issue not a teef issue. These forums get funnier as time goes on lol.

This is incorrect, Daredevil has access to some mechanics that aren't universally accessible due to Vault, etc.

And yes, this has happened many times. There's several classes that can find their way into forts due to oversights by the devs when designing the skills. Warclaw had the same problem at first and they had to add some invisible walls.

I remember at one time you could even glide into several forts where the border was too close to it.

Lol other classes have leaps the basically achieve same thing, regardless not a class or skill issue but a terrain design issue/glitch.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol other classes have leaps the basically achieve same thing, regardless not a class or skill issue but a terrain design issue/glitch.

Vertically-inclined leaps are extremely rare in the game, most are almost completely horizontal.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

Vertically-inclined leaps are extremely rare in the game, most are almost completely horizontal.

If you're referring to Vault, it's a GTAoE and follows the same rule as every other pathing skill. It cannot be used for vertical mobility out of bounds of a normal jump.

As for the OP, honestly, it sounds like they're just hacking more than anything else. Most hackers I've observed are thieves just because they're harder to right click/report when they run stealth builds and the likes.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

If you're referring to Vault, it's a GTAoE and follows the same rule as every other pathing skill. It cannot be used for vertical mobility out of bounds of a normal jump.

As for the OP, honestly, it sounds like they're just hacking more than anything else. Most hackers I've observed are thieves just because they're harder to right click/report when they run stealth builds and the likes.

You're correct, but its precisely targetted, similar to Engi Rifle jump, which allows fine control over what you're doing. Of course, there are other ways to do these things, but the lower the skill floor the less likelyhood of failure.

Yep, thieves. Not thiefs. :p

But no hacks, this thief here once needed several tries to get the correct positions. And as we had very less people we couldn't place some scout. And as I stood for 5 mins in the tower, this thief just came inside and with his high mobility he laughed at my poor necro speed.