Error Code: 42:1001:9001:4457:101 Game Client unable to access log in server.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been getting this error for the last 2 days upon log in, nothing really changed on my end (I've been logging in daily and my laptop hasn't had any recent updates that may changed the permissions/firewall settings) so I'm assuming it may be related to recent client updates?

@Linkedlist.1503 said:Been getting this a lot lately too, especially when using the Trading Post. To the people using the TP, make sure you double check your listings. Sometimes it will show an error but the transaction has actually gone through. You might end up buying/selling double or more.

I am a victim of this myself. I kept trying to buy gear for a new character the other day and kept getting an error so I gave up for a while. Later several duplicates of the things I was trying to buy eventually came through, all of which I was charged for of course. I really don't want to sound entitled but I do hope Anet plans on compensating the player base in some way for this, especially after putting off acknowledging the problem for so long.

@Bioshockwave.5074 said:Same issue. I've been getting these messages from time to time. There was even a time that it consecutively pops out after 6x times of clicking ok. I had to rest my windows host file and now I get this very rarely. I was told by CS to contact my ISP. :|Would you mind providing the entries they provided? I'm having the same issues that everyone else is having and this is worth a shot.

been getting error 42 since last year. As of 8/23/20 to now i cant even play. Game freezes then crash with another error pop up for cod 7...........I have tried all the "fixs", checked my end and even turned off firewall and disable anti virus....nothing works. Even tried changing maps and that was a hassle just trying to do that before game crashes. Each map i went i checked the ping..LA was 1k for normal lol then queensdale was 225 for normal........yeah um nope.

This network error stared out slow but it's been getting worse by the hour each day to where I can no longer play the game at all. The tp has been a blank screen for 2 days. I keep getting network error login server then I dc every few minutes sometimes. Doesn't matter which map or how many people. I have checked my dns, port forwarding and run every speed test, smoke ping and tracer route. There is nothing wrong with anything except this game. I've deleted the .dat file and let it rebuild. Nothing helps. I can't play. West Coast NA. Please help!

I seem to no longer have the error upon log in (for now?), but now a different one when trying to use Trading Post. Basically can't sell anything right now. And can't convert the gold I already have to gems either, since I get a completely different error mid-transaction and it just doesn't go through.

@Seditious Jerk.9703 said:

@Bioshockwave.5074 said:Same issue. I've been getting these messages from time to time. There was even a time that it consecutively pops out after 6x times of clicking ok. I had to rest my windows host file and now I get this very rarely. I was told by CS to contact my ISP. :|Would you mind providing the entries they provided? I'm having the same issues that everyone else is having and this is worth a shot.

Honestly, I don't think what they've told me really addressed the issue. It is completely on their side and not mine nor anybody else since this is affecting multiple players. Try resetting your host file in windows (look for a tutorial on youtube or Microsoft website on how to do that) and see if that solves your issue at least.

When you have this many players posting, just think about how many are not taking the time and will just /quit and move on. I am usually one of those type. I am taking the time because I honestly think the game is well thought out with loads of challenges and fun and worth taking the time. I was impressed when I came back to GW2 after not playing for 7 years that the game storyline was amazing, creative and thoughtful. Not so much the technical side. Most gamers are pretty adept technically and not at all ashamed to say when a failure is on their side. Too bad most gaming companies like to blame their customers and not even look at their end.As a player that likes shiny toys and gimmicks, I have bought hundreds of dollars of gems. Until this is if not fixed at least toned down, I will be keeping my money in my wallet.