Following the latest Canthan expansion trailer, how are you feeling?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thje title concerns me that it's enough Anet rushing through to get to a pay off they've allegedly been building to all these years, despite the fact that so little fits together very well or at least has been fleshed out. Hopefully I am wrong, but the recent form in story esp through the disaster that was LS4 (to me) says otherwise

I think the biggest thing to remember is that although I am very happy to be returning to Cantha and I want to see Cantha and Kaineng City in the GW2 style, realistically it isn't going to look or feel like Factions. I enjoyed PoF very much, but it never felt like Nightfall or GW1 Elona. Anet don't strike me as being particularly devoted to respecting GW1 unless it suits their direct purposes, so for all intents and purposes, I'm expecting a completely new and different landscape which will ultimately be more akin to a new continent. That is something I have mixed feelings about.

I'm not as hyped as I voted but I'm certainly buying it no matter what because for the foreseeable future GW2 will be pretty much the only thing I care enough about to play it. I will always play GW2 as long as it's maintained like it is now. If it gets bunch of bugs and problems and nothing is done about that then I might lose interest but until then I'm definitely playing and buying every expansion.But of course, I hope there truly will be new things to look forward to!

I'm also concerned about the title. I like dragons. There doesn't need to be an end...

I pre-purchased the Deluxe edition of the base game and the Ultimate editions of both HoT and PoF and I'm still playing so it seems pretty likely I'll pre-purchase this expansion too but I want more information before making that decision. I don't do blind purchases for anything.

I'd prefer somewhere we've never been before to repeating another area from GW1. There's so much of Tyria we know nothing about and I want to find out what's there, but I suppose at least this way I have some idea of what to expect from the setting, and PoF introduced a lot of new stuff instead of just relying on nostalgia, so it seems reasonable to think this will be the same. (Plus after this, and maybe some LW maps filling in places from GW1 which don't make it into the initial release, like how Istan was added after PoF, they'll have to take us to new places because there will be very little left which we've already seen.)

The story teaser we got in the new trailer, and the expansion name, has me very interested. I like the story in this game and I find the concept of the Elder Dragons intriguing. I've been wondering how we can balance their destuctiveness with the damage caused by killing them since that revelation came about, and it looks like we're going to get an answer.

But I still want to know more about what I'd be buying (and what it costs) before I make a decision. It's very subjective of course and even I can't say exactly what would decide me for or against it, but I'll want a full list of features and some idea of the amount of story and general PvE content in the expansion, plus price options, then I'll decide if I'm going to get it right away, wait for a sale or maybe skip it all together.

@xoxin.8326 said:For the more hardcore I'm sure this is enough to hype them up. But I play this game pretty casually and there wasn't really anything of substance shown so for now...it looks neat, I guess. Will keep an eye on it.

This pretty much describes why I voted how I did. I was hoping for some more content related to the upcoming expansion for the GW2 anniversary and I'm glad to see they did release this trailer for it. However, for me there still hasn't been quite enough details to make it a definite immediate purchase yet.

I was shaking when I saw the trailer and I almost teared up. I'm beyond excited!However I'd still prefer some more information like in the first trailer for PoF during the announcement back then.Some actual gameplay footage would be neat.I didn't watch the livestream today though as I was busy with getting the new skimmer upgrade so I watched it after. However does anyone know a rough date yet when it would be coming? Some people said it would be by the end of this year while other say summer or winter 2021.

@Cynder.2509 said:I was shaking when I saw the trailer and I almost teared up. I'm beyond excited!However I'd still prefer some more information like in the first trailer for PoF during the announcement back then.Some actual gameplay footage would be neat.I didn't watch the livestream today though as I was busy with getting the new skimmer upgrade so I watched it after. However does anyone know a rough date yet when it would be coming? Some people said it would be by the end of this year while other say summer or winter 2021.

They said 2021 in the stream but no specific season. I would guess late 2021 since it seems we're about halfway through the Icebrood Saga, which started almost a year ago.

@notebene.3190 said:Somewhere between 'take my money' and 'excited but'. Closer to the former for sure (in a 'glass half empty/full' sense). Not blind adoration, but I don't look forward to their product 'expecting disappointment' by a long shot. :)

Same here. For me, going back to Cantha is a huge selling point on its own, and if we get the rest of the bare minimum expansion features at that point, that's enough for me. Anything after that is just a bonus. Also, if End of Dragons means that Guild Wars can finally move on from this plot (and not just toying with us), then it's most of what I wanted all in one place. I still want to get a features list to start throwing money around, but it's going to be hard to betray my optimism.

I did vote 'take my money'... but not really as excited as the choice sounds. I tend to pre-order the Deluxe. I love Cantha so will of course pre-order this. The trailer was not very good. Too much visual clutter to see anything really. But it is just a teaser, so hopefully a real trailer comes out later. I want to see critters, cities, and countryside.