Didn't receive my 4000 Gems after purchasing the 79.99 expansion pack.

If you noticed the fine print, it can take up to 72 hours for those gems to get awarded.

Basically, ANet waits for the money to fully clear the bank.

They initially let the gems be awarded instantly but people with stolen credit card (aka gold seller accounts) were buying that version, converting those 4000 gems to gold and passing that gold out to their buyers.

So ANet put in the time delay to help reduce the number of fraudulent purchases that get those gems.

As they have to go in and remove that gold, which may have by that time reached the hands of innocent players. If they don't remove the gold, it increases the rate that inflation occurs at in the game.

If it has been over 72 hours, however, submit a ticket so that it can be looked at. Otherwise, wait for the 72 hours to pass before submitting a ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Same as what others said. A few weeks ago I bought the same you just did for my brother and gems didn't arrive until the 3rd day.

Annoying... yes. But I also get its difficult to allow returns and instantly give people an in-game currency they could try converting and passing to others.

• 7 months later...

Ok, I know the post is old, but it's the same topic so I see no reason to clutter the forums with yet another post on the same exact thing.

I get the delay, as it says in said fine print, but it also says "up to" 72 hours which implies it could be less. I'm guessing it never is? Cuz I'm literally at 71 and a half hours as of this message and still nothing lol. Does it just trigger right at the 72 hour mark? If so then why not just say that in the fine print instead of making it seem like it may be less. For example, whenever I buy gems from the gem store it says it could take up to 15 minutes, but it never actually takes that long. So why use the same wording for this if it's, in fact, not the same thing at all? Anyway, not ranting just thought it was kind of funny. I mean, we'll see if it's actually still funny if I don't have them after the 72 hour mark has passed lol :P