New Expansion Teaser – Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - [Merged]

@"TaliaKirana.9137" said:The trailer ends with "The cycle will be reborn." I'm thinking this is more a metaphorical ending. The end of the Elder Dragons as we knew them. Perhaps Aurene is the first of a new way for the Elder Dragons, that will respect mortals.

That would be cool. I'm hoping that the dragons won't be eliminated completely from future content after the expansion.

My wild-azz guess on where the story goes is that Aurene creates a new world at the last minute to save us from the destruction of Tyria that we can't overcome. Then we find out that she has some kind of issue causing her to break down and spew unintentional mayhem, which is the focus of the next cycle.

Either that or time travel. ;)

@"Butterfly Kingdom.8349" said:To celebrate the eighth anniversary of Guild Wars 2, we have a special surprise for you! In the land of Cantha, ancient voices reflect on Tyria’s history—and its future. Watch the teaser video now.

CANTHA HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm pumped!!!!

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@lorephoenix.9185 said:Kuunavang and Albax! Love to hear the voice acting again! :)

I was surprised about that myself. Did they record this earlier this year, before the pandemic?

Maybe the restrictions are lifting? If VO recording is like music recording, you typically don't need more than one person in the room at a time anyway. Maybe two in the control room, if the producer doesn't know how the console/software works. But even then, the engineer could probably get the session files ready and show the producer how to do the basics. It's not too hard to just tell it to record. (Again, based on what I know of music production... VO work could be different for some reason.)

@BDave.9386 said:Maybe the restrictions are lifting? If VO recording is like music recording, you typically don't need more than one person in the room at a time anyway. Maybe two in the control room, [...]

Yes, but those are closed indoor quarters, and if the air gets contaminated with a virus, you can infect others without being in the same room with them. They would have to air the room after each person's session as a virus can survive for quite some time in the air (unless it's open air).

Genuinely cannot wait to see just how much Cantha has changed over the years. The biggest aspect of Cantha was the Jade Sea and Echovald Forest and how those were affected by Shiro Tagachi's demise due to the Jade Wind. I really want to know how those regions of the Luxon and Kurzick have been changed and whether said Alliance are still super important to Cantha's current state even after the many years that have passed.

And just seeing Kuunavang in her colorful appearance just makes tear up a bit after the last time we saw her being an Afflicted Dragon that we had to purify.

@"Sir Alric.5078" said:Well, "Long live the Lich", despite the name, was actually about Joko kicking the bucket for good, so i suppose there is a chance that the story in the new expansion also doesn't lives up to its name. At least i hope so. I would be very disappointed if they have us defeat all three remaining evil (?) Elder Dragons in one go. Zhaitan had almost the whole personal story centered around him. Mordremoth had Living World Season 2 and Heart of Thorns. Kralkatorrik appears in Path of Fire and was the main enemy of living World Season 4..... Jormag is the main villain of the current Icebrood Saga. Primordus and the Deep Sea Dragon also deserve their own sagas, imo.

Long Live the Lich is a pun off of the common phrase "Long Live the King" which is commonly used when one king dies, and a new one is crowned. In literature, it's commonly used in moments when someone kills a rival king (usually betrayal - e.g., Scar killing Mufasa in Disney's Lion King). It was pretty obvious foreshadowing Joko's death in that episode, and wasn't "not living up to its name". It was exactly living up to its name.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@BDave.9386 said:Maybe the restrictions are lifting? If VO recording is like music recording, you typically don't need more than one person in the room at a time anyway. Maybe two in the control room, [...]

Yes, but those are closed indoor quarters, and if the air gets contaminated with a virus, you can infect others without being in the same room with them. They would have to air the room after each person's session as a virus can survive for quite some time in the air (unless it's open air).

They told us a couple of weeks ago that they have found ways to get VO done and are working on adding it to the LS releases, with several recording sessions already completed. That much I'm sure of, I'm unsure if they said when we would see it -- but I thought they said September, and maybe for the new fractal first? Which today was announced for September. So they may well have done that trailer VO more recently.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Oh, sure, you'd need extra cleaning and whatnot, but my point is that the task probably isn't as daunting as it at first seems.

Cantha was always my favorite expansion (although I did not care for Factions, itself). Cantha had the best festival in either game, until the Pavilion came out. So of course I will pre-order the Grand Poobah Deluxe Version ha ha

But the teaser was not very good, except for announcing the expansion. Hopefully we get a real trailer soon, with less visual clutter. So we can actually see some critters, cities, and countryside.

As for the lore, y'all keep speculating... I could not care less about lore. I am just here for monster bashing. B)

Wow! Amazing, thank you for the teaser!

I was hoping with the introduction of Cantha, an Asian themed world, we would have another introduction to a "good" dragon. In our real world, dragons in Asia are considered much less "terrible monsters" and more like guardians, omens, and mystical/spiritual. From the looks of the trailer, this seems to be the case with the story in Cantha.

I too am a bit anxious of the title of "End of Dragons" but excited for what the meaning behind "the cycle is reborn" is. My guess is somehow magic is balanced in the world. Maybe this is by replacing the killed dragons with more benevolent dragons such as Kuunavang. Again, going toward more of an Eastern philosophy of Yin and Yang (which seems referenced in the new logo with the twin dragons in the waves). Maybe the remaining 3 dragons do not need to be killed. Jormag and Primordus are essentially 2 parts of a whole and maybe Kuunavang and "Bubbles" are another. Of course there is still a missing part of the equation, since if two "bad" dragons such as Jormag and Primordus awaken at the same time, it is still destruction for Tyria (or so we think).

I find this interesting, (Bubbles:?) "Those who face eternity easily forget what a lifetime means. What an ending means." with the response (Kuunavang:) "You know it does not have to be this way." Then... (Bubbles/:) "No, Kunnavang, it does. They need me." Maybe this is the "twin dragons" arguing about the dragon cycle, which will ultimately be changed through the course of this expansion.

I am still working my way through PoF, so I may be looking over a lot of events that will happen before Cantha.

I definitely can't wait for the story and the artwork!

I hope the expansion also brings with it some engine optimization updates as well. I hope before the expansion we get some server optimization.

Story I predict is End of Dragon title was inspired by The Last Jedi (The Jedi must end)

It will be not the end of GW2 but instead the Universe get expanded and we meet creatures way more powerful than dragonsand more dragons are born to replace and expand the dragon world.

The next Villain is probably a deep sea creature (Love craft style THE OLD ONES)which is not a dragon but something else. Far more danger....(Abyss Stalker outfit is a hint that we go so deep under the ocean that sun light will not reach but instead we have bio luminescent lights)

Races and Dragons bond together to fight for the survival of Tyriaside story is an Cantha Emperor so powerful he can control the Dragons of his empire (Mega Robots Japanese style Also a big sea Fleet)

with focus on expanding we go far into the sky (cloud cities) Air combat will be one big selling pointAir Combat includes a new Mount which is trainable due mysteries--hyperspeed air combat

Player Housing the flying house or a Boat house (function of the house could become like a waypoint harbor to harbor)Under water worlds will get sound improvements to much blub blub need more than that. A big part underwater feels bad is the sound.

New Specializations Cantha themedEvery class gets Hand to hand combat abilities or at least warrior will get this.... (MONK)

As for mastery's the usual things to slow us down not to rush thru all maps in one day (High altitude and High water Pressure resistance etc.)This will be the biggest x pac anet done so far