7 Years Later I'm Back

Hasteo.6437

@Ragnar.4257 said:In what game-mode? For what purpose/role? Answers will be very different between PvP, WvW, Raids, and Open World PvE.

I was going to state that but recalled PvP is normalized, so didn't state by bad.

This would be for PvE content primarily and if the game hooks me again then I'll be looking at getting the expansions to raid (raiding is what I love to do in WoW).

@Pecar.1236 said:Guardian hammer is most up weapon in game in every game mode pve/pvp/wvw but you can play Engi scrapper hammer what is meta in wvw/pvp. Right now only class what is really good with hammer is Engi.Hammer is most up weapon in game with rifle.

Interesting.. probably a dumb question but are legendaries account bound?

@Hasteo.6437 said:Interesting.. probably a dumb question but are legendaries account bound?gen 2 legendaries are account bound on acquire. they cannot be bought/sold on TP, u must craft them yourself and u cannot sell them to make gold.gen 1 are acc bound on equip, so u can buy them, and u can sell them as long as u don’t equip or unlock skin or select stats

Welcome back. Unfortunately, I'm still here.

Guardian hammer is bad, in the sense that it isn't the best weapon for anything in the game. This doesn't mean that it is without use. Personally, when I want to turn my brain off or rest my hands, I equip a bunch of symbol boosting traits and just hammer auto everything. It gives out protection, might, and minor heals to everyone within melee range,

@Hasteo.6437 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:In what game-mode? For what purpose/role? Answers will be very different between PvP, WvW, Raids, and Open World PvE.

I was going to state that but recalled PvP is normalized, so didn't state by bad.

This would be for PvE content primarily and if the game hooks me again then I'll be looking at getting the expansions to raid (raiding is what I love to do in WoW).

Hammer is useable in open world, but other weapons deal substantially more damage. If you are going the power damage route, it is between sword, GS and scepter.

Hammer may not be the best option for Guardian but it can be fun and is viable for most situations (just not optimal). I would finish it because, being a legendary, you can use it between multiple characters and if you change your mind once it is done, just sell it before you equip it and use the proceeds to get something you prefer.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hasteo.6437 said:Played the game on release for over 700hrs and was about 60% completed on The Juggernaut.

So I'm thinking lets try and complete it! But now I'm reading Hammer Guard is obsolete? Is it still worth still going for?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Just going to warn you now ... if you are only going to complete a Legendary weapon if it's not obsolete, then you might as well stop because things change all the time in this game. Hammer could be trash in 2 months ... we never know. It could be amazing for years to come. Don't commit to a legendary because of the performance of the weapon on a specific class ... you WILL experience disappointment if you do that.