New Expansion Teaser – Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - [Merged]

@Silvercyclone.1462 said:2 things wrong. In Cantha they booted out all the humans so only 1/5 of the playable races will be welcome. The other thing is we still have to deal with Primordus so its not the End of Dragons unless we fight them both at once. Taimi's machine put Primordus and Jormag to sleep but Jormag woke up so we are dealing with him now.

Anet hinted a lot that Fire is Jormags weakness I guess we end up with both Dragons Killing each other OR Jormag tricks us into killing Primordus to become a Ice Fire Dragon (there is a Ice fire outfit in game right now)the death of 2 more dragons will free a lot magic and Aurene starts her journey to rebuilt the circle of Dragons by finding other Dragons like her slumbering in eggs

A cycle is reborn - So perhaps this is implying replacements for current dragons. I'm not sure what happens with Primordus and Jormag but I suppose it's possible they kill each other, and the DSD is already dead with Albax taking its place or is about to die with Albax taking its place. Perhaps it's about all of the CURRENT elder dragons dying and a new cycle of new dragons ascending.

Personally I think DSD is already defeated and implied by the teaser, and Kunavang and Albax are debating the cycle as it currently stands with Albax being in favor of the cycle. How this pertains to the current living story I'm not sure. Do Primordus and Jormag defeat each other and Aurene temporarily tries to hold the balance while we go to Cantha to seek more replacements?

There's also Shiny, who seems to have been intentionally left out of the Djinn raid. So with that we have Aurene, Albax, Shiny, Kunavang.I feel like the dragon we're seeing in this teaser is Albax and Kunavang is either off screen with Aurene being the blue lights flowing through the different scenes or we're witnessing Kunavang's perspective.

The eyes looking up at the end from the dragon, (the one advocating for the cycle and its necessity is the one saying "they need me") implies that it is the one advocating for the cycle, in which case Kunavang is the one we're NOT seeing. The only thing that makes this feel a little less likely to be Kunavang is the transition of the Jade Sea and temple to the dragon flying up from the sea.

As far as the story goes it feels like the next step would be the revised Utopian lore from the art book and perhaps finally getting more info on the gods and Lyssa that's been teased.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@"trixantea.1230" said:This looks like GW2's version of Mists of Pandaria.

Cantha existed long before Blizzard made panda land

it was actually the first GW i bought and played back in 2006 after leaving WoW, then I went back and bought prophecies

The Pandaren and Pandaria were first introduced in Warcraft III TFT expansion (2003) while GW1 Factions got released in 2006.

!
uYGCN4v.jpg

@trixantea.1230 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:This looks like GW2's version of Mists of Pandaria.

it was actually the first GW i bought and played back in 2006 after leaving WoW, then I went back and bought prophecies

The Pandaren and Pandaria were first introduced in Warcraft III TFT expansion (2003) while GW1 Factions got released in 2006.

!
uYGCN4v.jpg

that's just in text, nothing materialised though to give you any look at what the land looks like

there are plenty of Asian fantasy MMOs long before any of these

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@trixantea.1230 said:This looks like GW2's version of Mists of Pandaria.

!
uYGCN4v.jpg

that's just in text, nothing materialised though to give you any look at what the land looks like

there are plenty of Asian fantasy MMOs long before any of these

The first concept of Pandaria wasn't any different from what people imagined when Chen got introduced in Warcraft 3: A land with Chinese culture and spirtual Kong-Fu people living in it.

@"Donari.5237" said:If you look at the tag at the end of the video, it says "The cycle is reborn." Which suggests a reset more than an end.

Also in the trailer, the dialog suggests this cycle (as the tagline says itself) has repeated before. Some cataclysmic event will unfold, like it did in the past, and the world will go on but man's memory of it will fade until the next cycle comes to the same point. And Kuunavang and the other character will most likely be on the same side - or maybe either side - of us mortals to see an end to this current cycle with Elder Dragons, and probably sacrifice their lives at the same time, until they too will be reborn when the next cycle requires them too.

Unknown: "Mortals are little flames. Brilliant, hot, then gone. Those who face eternity easily forget what a lifetime means. What an ending means."Kuunavang: "You know it doesn't have to be this way."Unknown: "No, Kuunavang, it does. They need me."

Could the unknown be Albax?

Remember how, when we killed Kralkatorik, the last thing he said was "Mother ..." as if he was calling to her? Speculation follows .... Maybe the elder dragons are not the top beings on the planet. Maybe they all were children of a pair of higher dragons.

And maybe for the cycle to renew, there need to be a new set of parent elder dragons (hypothetically a king and a queen), to create the "next generation" of elder dragon siblings. Maybe Aurene is the new "elder dragon queen / mother" and "some other elder dragon" is the father and they create a new family of elder dragons who share their magic with the world. Maybe this time, the elder dragons are not the plague or negative force that Zaitan, Mordremoth, Kralkatorik, etc. were.

So if this theory is true, then who will be the "father / king"? Or will there be, potentially, a non-traditional pair (i.e. 2 females - one of them being Aurene and the other possibly being Kuunavang) in line with Arenanet's LGBTQ+ friendly philosophies? So many possibilities to consider.

Does this mean after this expac the game will start to move towards the end as you work towards a new game? Or do you plan on updating it continuously and maybe rename the game and do major system updates to bring it back into the modern age? Perhaps something like Runescape 2 did to make it Runescape 3 even though it is technically the same game with the same characters and stats. I feel we really need an answer to this to be fully excited for this expac!

The cycle reborn I think refers to the minor dragons taking up the mantle of the elder dragons and maintaining the balance of the magics of the world, but they are not hostile to mortal races.

With Albax being the legendary Saltspray Dragon of Good Fortune, I just hope he's at least an Exotic Luck merchant so I can use up the million luck I have hoarded lol

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@BDave.9386 said:Maybe the restrictions are lifting? If VO recording is like music recording, you typically don't need more than one person in the room at a time anyway. Maybe two in the control room, [...]

Yes, but those are closed indoor quarters, and if the air gets contaminated with a virus, you can infect others without being in the same room with them. They would have to air the room after each person's session as a virus can survive for quite some time in the air (unless it's open air).

You can just give people the test before they come in to record.

@jhern.6097 said:pretty. i swear anet if rangers dont get a rifle or at least a pistol my blood pressure will momentarily spike with little to no consequence. youve been warned

Ranger is not a gunpowder class.

Hammer or Land spear only.

@jhern.6097 said:

@jhern.6097 said:pretty. i swear anet if rangers dont get a rifle or at least a pistol my blood pressure will momentarily spike with little to no consequence. youve been warned

Rather have a melee weapon like mace or hammer on my ranger.

but im hunting wabbits

Warrior has a lovely rifle.

END OF DRAGONS doesn't necessarily mean there are no dragons left, including elder dragons. End can be used in other ways. Like, to sail to the end of the earth. Look at an old school map with "here be dragons" (Or in the Latin, Hic Sunt Dragones) on it, generally means an unexplored territory, an area. So if you were to sail to the other side of that area, it would be the end of dragons!

Also, end can be used to mean "purpose" which is quite fitting imo.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:END OF DRAGONS doesn't necessarily mean there are no dragons left, including elder dragons. End can be used in other ways. Like, to sail to the end of the earth.

This part sound like you are trying to put a butt joke into the name of the expansion.This part sound like you are trying to put a butt joke into my comment.