Next LS where? (Possible Spoilers) - [Merged]

Ogwom.7940

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:It's not like there is a lack of possibilities:
  • The centaurs could make a threatening move toward divinity reach. Afterall they are supposed to be in a semi permanent state of war yet it feel strange that there were no movement on that front since game release.
  • There is this castle in the sky in kessex hills that still havent been put to use. Just like the island close to lion arch where tengu are supposed to live.
  • It's been a while since we've been bothered by the Kraits, they should be short on slaves and feel the need to hunt some.
  • The asuras and their need for knowledge are a permanent source of failed experiments that can possibly be world threatening.
  • It should also be more or less time for the remnent of the nightmare court to reaffirm their existence.
  • ... etc.

Rumors say that ANet want to do something similar to season 1, probably to refresh some old maps, it might be the time to have all those possibilities shine and change tyria.

The Centaurs were leading attacks on Seraph-controlled towns just outside of Divinity's Reach in Lake Doric.

They always are leading some kind of attack close to divinity reach, I mean something a bit more "earth shaking".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an empty tab in Goro's "shop" titled "Tengu Relics" that I suspect is supposed to be used eventually (assuming it's not cut content from Ep3 that someone forgot to remove the evidence of). That doesn't necessarily point anywhere in particular, but it does have me wondering if Mineral Springs shows up at some point, since that's the one unvisited place in the Shiverpeaks where you might find those.

probably Far Shiverpeaks again with Olafstead /Gunnar's Hold to explore

this is the last part of guild wars eyes of the north that we haven't explored yetso a new map slightly south of bjora marches

For the last map with episode 7/8, i hope we will go back to fire islands (abbadon mouth with the bloodstone).

@radda.8920 said:probably Far Shiverpeaks again with Olafstead /Gunnar's Hold to explore

this is the last part of guild wars eyes of the north that we haven't explored yetso a new map slightly south of bjora marches

For the last map with episode 7/8, i hope we will go back to fire islands (abbadon mouth with the bloodstone).

They did have destroyers in Sacnoth Valley in GW1, that could also be a map as well.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@radda.8920 said:probably Far Shiverpeaks again with Olafstead /Gunnar's Hold to explore

They did have destroyers in Sacnoth Valley in GW1, that could also be a map as well.

Before the release of drizzlewood coast, they said : they were taking a break with the snowy environmentsso it's almost certain that the next map will be in the Shiverpeak Mountains

@radda.8920 said:

Before the release of drizzlewood coast, they said : they were taking a break with the snowy environmentsso it's almost certain that the next map will be in the Shiverpeak Mountains

If we are strictly talking the EOTN maps then we only have a few areas left in the Charr Homelands and the Far Shiverpeaks. Unless they pull a dragonfall map which is in an unpredictable location.

With Jormag going through the mists I'm not sure why she would stick to being up north, especially as it can create portals to summon minions pretty much wherever it wants.

Going based off of the teaser, we haven't seen the humans/centaur or the sinking ship as others have mentioned.From that I would say we're either going far east into uncharted Charr territory and discovering a new band of humans and centaurs (isn't there some faction of Canthans that wound up leaving Cantha and could potentially be these humans that are being enslaved?), or we'll be going west of Drizzlewood closer to Bastion above Harathi.

I'm hoping it will be the string of islands near the Isle of Janthir Northwest of Divinity's Reach and we'll have a nice mix of centaur/Bastion demons/Tengu tribe.

But I'm definitely thinking the last episode will be set near Valajar Fells east of Drizzlewood and next to Eye of the North.

While the centaur have theoretically been wiped out from Elona, it would still be pretty neat to see an expanded map in Orr/Scavenger's Causeway at some point, but that's just wishful thinking.

@Bast.7253 said:With Jormag going through the mists I'm not sure why she would stick to being up north, especially as it can create portals to summon minions pretty much wherever it wants.Because that is where its established power base is. Even if you can teleport troops in, going too far out just makes you vulnerable. Also, the spirirts of the wild are a massive source of magic, and thus food, for Jormag. So staying up there to try to get at them makes sense.

From that I would say we're either going far east into uncharted Charr territory and discovering a new band of humans and centaurs (isn't there some faction of Canthans that wound up leaving Cantha and could potentially be these humans that are being enslaved?), or we'll be going west of Drizzlewood closer to Bastion above Harathi.Why would humans and centaurs be east, in Charr territory, instead of the actual centaur territory to the west of Drizzlewood, in the area between Bastion and the Highland, where the centaurs actually are?

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Bast.7253" said:With Jormag going through the mists I'm not sure why she would stick to being up north, especially as it can create portals to summon minions pretty much wherever it wants.Because that is where its established power base is. Even if you can teleport troops in, going too far out just makes you vulnerable. Also, the spirirts of the wild are a massive source of magic, and thus food, for Jormag. So staying up there to try to get at them makes sense.

From that I would say we're either going far east into uncharted Charr territory and discovering a new band of humans and centaurs (isn't there some faction of Canthans that wound up leaving Cantha and could potentially be these humans that are being enslaved?), or we'll be going west of Drizzlewood closer to Bastion above Harathi.Why would humans and centaurs be east, in Charr territory, instead of the actual centaur territory to the west of Drizzlewood, in the area between Bastion and the Highland, where the centaurs actually are?

I mean, it doesn't really make sense to me either, but I threw out the possibility that there could be a random civilzation of humans and centaur out there. We don't really know as it's uncharted territory. Unlikely, but they did already expand the map and we still don't really know what's going to pull us to Cantha. I would think the area near Bastion is much more likely but there's just as little reason to expand in that territory either. I mean, sure, "proximity" to the spirits. But beyond sticking close to that region there's no real reason for Jormag to go there. If we do wind up there, I feel like the plot will be putting Jormag on the backburner and jumping more into Tengu/setting up our track to Cantha.

In terms of proximity to the spirits, that makes sense. But we already know that Jormag is moving through Tyria using the mists. So, why would Jormag even move to begin with? Unless it's searching for something, and that something is more enticing than the spirits. I mean we have a giant god cookie island in the middle of the ocean, numerous bloodstones still, and that's just what we know about.

Or for that matter, Jormag could assume that Primordus is still asleep and be looking to make a move. Jormag was already at their "established power base" near the spirits, and still managed to be wounded pretty bad by Primordus. So it doesn't seem like it's that much of an advantage assuming Jormag's real concern is Primordus.

But again, the key here is what is driving Jormag to move through Tyria in the first place. Doesn't really seem like exercise is the sole motivation. There has to be something else.

@"Bast.7253" said:I mean, it doesn't really make sense to me either, but I threw out the possibility that there could be a random civilzation of humans and centaur out there. We don't really know as it's uncharted territory.Its uncharted to us, but, assuming that Blood and Ash have just as much land as Iron(something the size of Ascalon), most of the land to the north and east, even on the parts of the map that aren't visible in-game, would be Charr lands, where the Charr have been for hundreds of years. It would be well known to them.

Or for that matter, Jormag could assume that Primordus is still asleep and be looking to make a move. Jormag was already at their "established power base" near the spirits, and still managed to be wounded pretty bad by Primordus. So it doesn't seem like it's that much of an advantage assuming Jormag's real concern is Primordus.That battle was stated to have happened "long ago", with no exact timeframe given. Hell, it could have happened in a previous cycle, or before the Norn fled south and Jormag corrupted the spirits, which wasn't that long ago by typical standards.

But again, the key here is what is driving Jormag to move through Tyria in the first place. Doesn't really seem like exercise is the sole motivation. There has to be something else.Who knows. With only four episodes left, and an established pattern of split maps across episodes 1-4, that really only leaves us with two more maps, and the last two are probably going to be the big Dragon's Stand/Dragonfall fight maps, leaving really only one more map, and two chapters, for us to learn Jormag's real motivations before we start beating on it.

I admit, Jormag moving through Tyria, only to go to someplace so close, seems odd. On the other hand, I would find it odder if we went back to Elona, or the Crystal Desert, given that IBS has, so far, been almost exclusive Charr and Norn focused, and there's nothing down there related to either. And when it comes to core Tyria areas, there really isn't any room left to put another LWS4/IBS sized map, outside of that strip between Thunderhead and the Black Citadel. well, that and the Scavenger's Causeway area, and that would be just as odd as Elona or the Desert IMO. that really just leaves the far north of the Blood Legion lands, the Far Shiverpeaks, the Woodland Cascades, and the northern part of the Maguuma wastes.

I wonder even more where the Primordus story maps will be, unless they do something like LWS3, where they just shotgun the maps all over the place to fill things out.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Tony.8659" said:Just came here to guess when it might be out, my guess sometime this month if we are going by how often they release them. I was checking the wiki it's almost like clockwork, every two months. July was the last one, skip Aug. now maybe before the end of Sept. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release

True, but we also have to take into account that the slots were mentioned near the beginning of the saga in which the studio was adamant about not having any expansions planned in which they presumably wouldn't have started working on the final episodes. So for all we know they may have shifted the schedule/story to make way for the expansion. Meaning, they may release something smaller like a vision with some episodes next year spaced out enough to make room for the expansion, if there are even that many episodes planned left. They may have changed direction and the original predicted 4 episodes/2 maps may be less now. (This is of course assuming they weren't lying about having an expansion planned and started development after the saga was released/during, which I truly don't think they were. Especially given that I think this was around the time Mike Z. left.)

It just seems unlikely that we will have an episode this month given they released their "plan" for this quarter and it only mentioned the fractal. I feel like they would have mentioned an episode release.

Hmmm or maybe it can be later. I think they want to add all the voice back in the previous LS episodes then start on the next one. Maybe before the halloween event there might be a new one. The halloween event should start this year on Tuesday Oct. 13th last year was on the 15th. Ready for Lab farming :D

@Tony.8659 said:Hmmm or maybe it can be later. I think they want to add all the voice back in the previous LS episodes then start on the next one. Maybe before the halloween event there might be a new one. The halloween event should start this year on Tuesday Oct. 13th last year was on the 15th. Ready for Lab farming :D

At the end of the new fractal livestream they mentioned a bonus event involving fractals instead of world bosses 2 weeks from next Tuesday. So I imagine that will fill the time before Halloween.

If we get another living world episode this year it will likely be in between Halloween and Christmas but they may opt for a vision to fill that time slot and restart the saga next year.

If it were on my hands, the next release would be a Vision of the Past, featuring either Ryland between episodes 2 and 3, or Asgeir Dragonrender's original battle against Jormag, and episode 5 would feature the Frost Legion attacking Primordus.

I would also open the Dominion of Winds during this conflict.

@Lonami.2987 said:If it were on my hands, the next release would be a Vision of the Past, featuring either Ryland between episodes 2 and 3, or Asgeir Dragonrender's original battle against Jormag, and episode 5 would feature the Frost Legion attacking Primordus.

I would also open the Dominion of Winds during this conflict.

Possibly, but assuming we're following the teaser it seems like we still have some Centaur/Human conflict. For the next Vision we could also be following along some of the refugees that evacuated Drizzlewood before the hostile takeover of the Dominion which could potentially lead us into a new map south or west of Drizzlewood or just set us up for the plot of the next episode on a completely other region.

Ryland seems a little less likely right now simply because we already had one on him and he's kind of met his fate now. Aesgir could be interesting in terms of revealing more about Jormag.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Bast.7253" said:Aesgir could be interesting in terms of revealing more about Jormag.How would they do that though?As far as I know, Asgeir was all alone in his last moment with Jormag.Would it strictly be a solo vision, playing as him?Would the(up to) ten players be some kind of spectres that can't be detected by him?

As far as gameplay goes, the best way of doing this would be creating a scalable vision of the past/strike similar to Forging Steel which can currently be completed solo or with various numbers of players (while the enemies' toughness and numbers scale with the number of players present in the instance), with the addition of optional challenge motes. The vision could depict Asgeir and his hunting party's battle against Frostfang back when Volsung's Stead still stood at the area now known as Asgeir's Legacy.

Granted, lorewise it's been stated that Asgeir seemingly slew Frostfang with but a single blow after he had been empowered by the Spirits of the Wild while wielding a weapon enchanted with one of the jotun scrolls. However, devs could work around this by revealing that the tales of Asgeir's victory were falsified and that he required multiple empowered blows to fell Jormag's seemingly greatest champion at the time.

Alternatively, the gameplay could revolve around Asgeir as an NPC preparing a complex ritual to be empowered by the Spirits or him finding the jotun scroll somewhere in the area so his previously futile attacks could finally crack the beast's armor (depending on when exactly Asgeir got hold of the jotun scroll that he used to enchant his weapon with) while the rest of the hunting party (players) acted as a distraction to Frostfang and its minions in the battle.

That way you'd get the best of both worlds: Give Asgeir his time to shine while revealing more about those fateful moments with Frostfang and Jormag that eventually led to the demise (or corruption?) of the rest of the hunting party. Meanwhile players have the excuse of battling Frostfang in a desperate boss battle as Asgeir prepared for the final blow.

We still don't know key details about the whole battle against Frostfang and Jormag. Asgeir returned alone as a changed man with the fang and never revealed what had befallen the rest of the hunting party (did they die to Jormag or Frostfang, were they corrupted by the dragon, or did Asgeir kill them himself if they resisted Jormag's temptations and wanted to continue the fight against his wishes?).

Elder Ulf claims that Asgeir was killed by the dragon even though Asgeir had led the norn safely to Hoelbrak and lived there for some years like when he ordered his friend Hrothbeir to smash an iceberg to create Lake Mourn. So, did Asgeir die of a broken heart for failing his people, was he infected with sickness after his encounter with Jormag, did he receive serious enough internal injuries that he'd succumb months later, or did he return north to finish the fight with Jormag and fell to the dragon there?

We still don't know the exact timeframe of Owl's demise in relation to Asgeir's conversation with Jormag. Most norn sources claim that Asgeir received the vision from the "Spirits" after witnessing Owl sacrificing herself to protect the norn from Jormag's wrath. This would suggest that Jormag broke its promise to Asgeir to spare the norn unless the idea is that some norn continued fighting Jormag after Asgeir's return and thus "forced" Jormag to retaliate, which in turn made Asgeir--who was nearly driven to despair after witnessing Owl's "demise"--decide to heed Jormag's advice and claim that the Spirits wanted all the norn to flee south to the lowlands.

Given the way the battle is depicted in these somewhat misled norn narratives, however, it's also possible that the timeline goes so that Jormag assaults the norn, Owl sacrifices herself to spare the norn and manages to distract/wound Jormag enough by flying into the dragon's maw that Jormag crashes on the ground. This would then allow Asgeir and his hunting party to make the risky move of leaving the main battle and go behind enemy lines to defeat the temporarily incapacitated Jormag. They would then find Frostfang protecting its recovering dragon master, leading to the clash between the champion and the hunting party and Asgeir successfully severing the downed dragon's fang before the persuasive talks take place.

So, there are various ways the Narrative Team could address these ideas and figure out what the canonical order of events was. I'd love Frostfang to either be a giant icebrood mammoth or a giant icebrood sabertooth tiger based on the huge ribcage of Frostfang's remains which we can find in Asgeir's Legacy. Oddly there's a mini called Mini Frost Fang which depicts a regular drake, but I assume this mini has no relation to the champion Frostfang. Besides, seeing Ice Age era megafauna as an icebrood boss would be thrilling. If I had to decide between mammoth and sabertooth tiger, I'd prefer the latter because the devs could then add all those fun pounce attacks and maybe have Frostfang use the NPC jump tech to periodically jump on the cliffs above to stalk us from there and circle our hunting party while sending its minions after us before jumping down to continue the fight.

As for more lore revelations, the post-battle confrontation between Asgeir and Jormag could subtly reveal a bit more about the threat Jormag mentioned if it used similar persuasive arguments to lure Asgeir to its side. While Asgeir did document his feelings somewhat thoroughly in his journal, for some reason he left that journal behind so there's a chance that he left out some key details of his conversation with Jormag that the vision/strike could reveal to us. :)

(Spoilers for Jormag Rising!)

The time has come once again where we can speculate on where the next map coming to the game will be! This time around, we're in an interesting position where the map could be almost anywhere, yet we know almost for certain what kind of map it will be. What I mean by that is, after Jormag and Ryland disappeared through the Mists, they could come out anywhere. However, there are two things we can take into consideration to narrow the possibilities down to a few places;

1. This is the Icebrood Saga, all about "journeying north" and facing the ice dragon. As we already know, not every map will be in the Far Shiverpeaks, but I believe they will all be pretty far north. I don't think Jormag will come out anywhere crazy like Orr or Elona.
  2. We can pretty safely assume the map will have a lot of water content, if it isn't mostly underwater. The new underwater skimmer being the most obvious piece of evidence for this, but I also point you to the fact we're not only going to Cantha, but the logo for End of Dragons is very aquatic. I speculate EoD will have more water than the first two expansions (which isn't saying much), and that the Icebrood Saga will have a watery map beforehand to test the waters (I'm sorry) and make any more basic improvements they can before the expansion like balance and adding more skills down there.

Well, there are a few northern watery areas. The first is the Janthir Bay. Although it currently has nothing to do with the story, Jormag can pop up anywhere now. And we know very little about what's out there so Anet can go for just about anything they want. And so far, it does seem like a tour trip of all the northern regions for IBS, we've visited a new region with every new map. Still, I don't expect this. Secondly, there are the lakes in the Blood Legion Homelands. One of which borders Grothmar Valley so we could see the maps connect (and there is a closed passage on the south side of the map, near the Ooze Pit). If we get more of the Charr angle next episode, I could see us going there, maybe as Ryland attempts to recruit more charr who weren't at the initial gathering. But I feel our final option is the most likely; the Sea of Desperation. We don't know exactly where that is, but given what we do know and the map, it can only really be the lake in the center of the Far Shiverpeaks. Also, I'm pretty sure I read all the quaggans had been updated? Wouldn't fit with Blood Legion lakes. I think it adds up perfectly, there's some ice around the borders and they can make part of it frozen if they don't want a map that's 80% water. But this is all just my opinion, and new information could come out before the map does. Plus speculation and polls are fun! So, the question is; what region of the world do you think the map will be located in?