Following the latest Canthan expansion trailer, how are you feeling?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Harak.8397 said:I couldn't care less about Cantha myself. I'm curious about Kaineng City but beyond that I have no nostalgic attachement to the GW1: Factions. I'm hoping the maps are interesting, the meta events engaging and the soundtrack at least HoT level.

Same here. Tired of paying money to see the slightly different maps I saw 12 years ago in GW1.

The only thing that seems a little disappointing is the fact that it looks like Kaening hasn't changed much, if this is CURRENT Kaening. I mean I know my fantasy version of a high tech city version of Kaening was probably not realistic and it's easier using the already existing assets in the Zephyrite shanty areas, but one can dream.

Obviously I want more info like the rest of us in terms of features and a better idea of a release date, but I imagine now that there is more of a teaser we'll start to see bits of info here and there. I also think the fractal will be a pretty big indication of map aesthetics and a teaser for the underlying story moving into the expansion, or at least ambient things that lead to speculation and hint to where the current living season is going.

The release date bit is pretty frustrating though. I think many weren't expecting it next year at all and it did feel like with the current pace of the story that this saga was going to be dragged on for at least another year, so it's good to hear it's coming in 2021. They weren't specific about what time of the year it's coming, but I feel like it will be closer to Fall/Winter. It depends on how many more episodes they have but it doesn't seem like we're getting another map/story episode until November.

@Rukia.4802 said:Cantha 2.0 yes please, just hope the great potential isn't ruined by HURRDURR ELDER DRAGINZ and we focus the awesome characters available.

You DO know what game you've been playing for the past 7 years, right? What awesome characters are you talking about? The Mary Sue in power armor, the Mary Sue in a Dress, the Mary Stu in a Dress, or the Mary Stu in armor with MY SWORD!?

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Rukia.4802 said:Cantha 2.0 yes please, just hope the great potential isn't ruined by HURRDURR ELDER DRAGINZ and we focus the awesome characters available.

You DO know what game you've been playing for the past 7 years, right? What awesome characters are you talking about? The Mary Sue in power armor, the Mary Sue in a Dress, the Mary Stu in a Dress, or the Mary Stu in armor with MY SWORD!?

Bruh I'm talking about shiro and envoys, abbadon and demons, underworld and many other areas, the plague returning, etc. Not the disney quest troupe. You know how part of PoF was awesome with joko.. well I hope that's cantha but MORE. GW1 characters are 10x more interesting than anything in GW2.

Im expecting nothing special, but maybe anet might prove me wrong, and it wil be most likely the last expansion, because its been a constant milking of gw1 locations and lore, so there is nowhere else they can go from there, unless the actualy can create someting new

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Adah.8371 said:I hope we will get the RITUALIST class and not a new race such as Tengo or else.

I can only see Ritualist as an elite specialization for necromancer, not as its own profession.

I would see the ritualist as an elite spec for the Revenant rather than the necro. It seems more fitting to me. Necros are more about bringing the dead back to life whereas the revenants are about manipulating the spirits which sounds more like the ritualist of old from GW1

@Shiyo.3578 said:How much of your game time is story compared to combat and metas/fracts/raids/pvp?

Time-wise you are correct, but I actually pay attention to the story line in games, and quite frankly, GW2 is not badly written. That's what I objected to, that you shrugged off story as important in MMOs and GW2's story in particular.I've done most content and yes, after a few times in each raid wing you don't pay attention to story, but the overall setting and the story is important to me on the first few playthroughs.