World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Friends at ArenaNet!

Did you know that words have meaning?

When you have an announcement and say that you are going to talk about something in the coming months: That implies the coming months.

If it is going to take you close to a year you would use the terminology: The coming year.

If it is going to take you more than a year you would use plural and say: The coming years.

EDLH4IGXYAciY9z.jpg

Up you go thread.

Well said! ?

Well, it is actually nice to hear, that at least Alliances did not get cancelled (yet).But how does the "history" about alliances look like right now?Everyone wished for alliance system for a long timeit took even longer to be annouced it will comeand even even longer to finally get a grasp of the concept

but what we still don´t know:What will be the timespan for a release? (or at least, when should we expect the transision to the new system?)how far is development even progressed?which elements of the system are actually complete?which ones are in development? for which of those has development even begun and which ones haven´t even been touched yet?how many years should we wait? (again)

ANet has let us (the WvW-Community) down so long and so many times now, that the trust in the development team is already almost gone. And by development team i mean everyone that just comes in touch with the mode "WvWvW" including for example: Balancing team, programmers for backend and server structure/maintenance, Tech Support etc.

If we would even know how far development of alliances is progressed (maybe not in detail, but at least the most important steps) we could maybe start believing in you. But from User-Side, we currently see: nothing.no final design, no update on progress, nothing that can make us believe ANet tells the truth.

completely left aside all the other problems WvW currently has in general (Server Performance, Client Performance etc)

@Zawn.9647 said:this is a joke :) 2 years and countingimagine if I could work at a place where my deadlines meant so little as this

Imagine you must work at a place where you announced several customers a big new feature and then your boss fires your colleagues and tells you, that you must work on something else and that you are not allowed to tell the customers anything about this change.

@Zok.4956 said:

@Zawn.9647 said:this is a joke :) 2 years and countingimagine if I could work at a place where my deadlines meant so little as this

Imagine you must work at a place where you announced several customers a big new feature and then your boss fires your colleagues and tells you, that you must work on something else and that you are not allowed to tell the customers anything about this change.

Literally my job. :pensive:I still have deadlines to fulfill tho... which seems to not be the case for ArenaNet :)

@Zawn.9647 said:

@Zok.4956 said:

Literally my job. :pensive:I still have deadlines to fulfill tho... which seems to not be the case for ArenaNet :)

Do you work for the CIA?

You can tell us, we know how to keep a secret

@KiteCrossx.3790 said:The current model is dangerously close to pay to win. I can easily pay money to transfer to the winning server each relink. And many do, because people don't like losing or being farmed, and are happy to get a quick fix and be on a winning team. A philosophy/model I thought Anet was against. Seems when the $$ starts flowing their principles take a back seat :angry:

Been saying for a while Alliances will not come until they figure out how to monetize it for as much or more as they are getting out of Transfers.

@Custodio.6134 said:Well, it is actually nice to hear, that at least Alliances did not get cancelled (yet).My thinking is they have silently abandoned the project. With nearly 3 years having past and them giving us NOTHING I don't think anything is happening, and they likely want to leave this thread silently disappear, which is why I commend everyone who keeps this alive. It reminds of their failure, and is their signature as a company.

They must have the dumbest marketing department of any game studio, because when you look around, this game has had potential all these years. It was on the competitive scene before, it could be there again, but that would mean to employ people who know what they are doing.

I really can't see Alliances being an expansion feature. I know it might mean ANET could get some immediate money out of it, but Alliances is an all-or-nothing system - I can't see how it could work if only half the players bought the Alliances expansion and half didn't...

@"Yuffi.2430" said:I really can't see Alliances being an expansion feature. I know it might mean ANET could get some immediate money out of it, but Alliances is an all-or-nothing system - I can't see how it could work if only half the players bought the Alliances expansion and half didn't...That's not how expansions work in GW2. Imagine if only PoF players could play against PoF players in WvW and only HoT players can play against HoT players etc, lol. Something can be an "expansion feature" without actually being part of the expansion, because it's part of the massive expansion patch that is applied globally to all clients.

@Yuffi.2430 said:I really can't see Alliances being an expansion feature. I know it might mean ANET could get some immediate money out of it, but Alliances is an all-or-nothing system - I can't see how it could work if only half the players bought the Alliances expansion and half didn't...

The other changes to WvW that were released as part of expansions in the past were 'free for all!' but still marketed as part of the expansion. Just feels like they will wait till then before releasing this.

There is a mixed history about expansions. It's true that HoT and PoF players can still play with core players, but I'm not sure a core player can enter the Heart of Thorns map areas in PvE, and not all WvW changes caused by expansions are free for all - gliding needs HoT and Warclaw needs PoF.

@Yuffi.2430 said:There is a mixed history about expansions. It's true that HoT and PoF players can still play with core players, but I'm not sure a core player can enter the Heart of Thorns map areas in PvE, and not all WvW changes caused by expansions are free for all - gliding needs HoT and Warclaw needs PoF.

Those are good examples, but I would see Alliances more like how they wouldn't have been able to restrict players joining DBL. Again could be this tinfoil hat I have but...

TFHat on......ok so here is my theory. When they first started talking to us it was in part to include Alliances in an expansion. Business change comes along and expansion is cancelled and extended living story is planned. Alliance shelved with expansion. Fast forward and they realise that Living Story isn't going to cut it like an expansion would and it comes back onto table with the expansion in mind and this is one of their cornerstone expansion feature for WvWers. Else we would have seen something about it in all this time. /TFHat off. But that could just be this hat.

a l l i a n c e s w h e n

also, the issue is sorta that PoF brought us nothing towards WvW really, outside of the mount nobody wanted... what can we really expect from EoD expansion, another backstab? new specs that blast up the meta and are likely OP early on at least, but we won't get any freaking content if they keep it like currently, only empty promises. :disappointed:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@KiteCrossx.3790 said:The current model is dangerously close to pay to win. I can easily pay money to transfer to the winning server each relink. And many do, because people don't like losing or being farmed, and are happy to get a quick fix and be on a winning team. A philosophy/model I thought Anet was against. Seems when the $$ starts flowing their principles take a back seat :angry:

Been saying for a while Alliances will not come until they figure out how to monetize it for as much or more as they are getting out of Transfers.

If u want to make alliances with other guilds, you have the first slot for free. If u want another guild in your alliance, every guild have to buy alliance slot expansion bags :lol:

Interestingly....competition is slowly evolving & beginning to reach a critical mass it seems

Nodes & the concept to create "End Game Content" to PvE that is Player Driven, but Dev Controlled.

Nodes provide "Meaning & Purpose" that guides players to a never-ending way to keep players engaged to return to play.

These concepts are very familiar to me.

ANet....please wake up & realize WvW still has the potential to become the next eSport to be able to host an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl...imho

Please don't throw away your opportunity to create an Annual Tournament equivalent to the NFL Superbowl before another company takes this niche.

Team Creation based solutions (Server Linking over 4 years) has been proven to be a failure in the NA....and continues to repeat failure (Language Linking over 1 year) in the EU...imho

2016.06.11Prediction - Overall Long Term Health & Viability will be on an extremely slow & painful declining trendStart of NA Server Linking

2019.06.14Language Linking - aka - Server LinkingStart of EU Language Linking

2019.11.28Full context for Annual Tournament

I truly don't like finding comfort in having to say - "Told you so"

Wishful thinking...could we get a Road Map for WvW?

At the very least...could we get a status update on this Alliance project?

Or, will this turn into another meme?

Silence - ? Sound of Crickets faintly chirping away in the background...

2020.07.18Genuinely The Most Exciting Upcoming MMORPG - Ashes Of Creation

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

I still can't believe Arenanet isn't embracing its PvP players.They got one of the best systems out there, they could be BIG on eSports, making BIG money but instead they focus on story exclusively.I'm a PvE player and even I don't understand the strategy when there are people like MightyTeapot who supports the entire PvP scene on his shoulders... which should be Arenanet's job...

Remember: PvP content = infinite content

Couldn't get better than this...