What do you want for third expansion? - [Merged]

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the game to run smoothly without lag. smile

Other than that, I can't see how they would add new elites. They only have so many weapons in game.
Ranger - rifle - hunterWarrior - hand/hand - monkNecro - ? - cipher (soul manipulator)The rest, who knows.

Housing is only fun if it's done correctly, more akin to Wildstar than ESO. ESO housing really isn't good.Fishing, why? Waste of resources for something most people won't do. They should spend those resources to make the PvP people happy for the brief time they will be happy before they start to bitch.

less ugly character management UI - right now it is not very transparent or friendly, everything feels clumped upbetter game optimization - the near slide show during large player gatherings has to go, I shouldn't have to lower graphics setting from ultra to low, just to hit 60 fps ( want to play this game at smooth 2k resolution.*much more difficult pve content, everything right from level 60 and up needs to hit harder and have more hp.

New elite specializations

Dyeable legendary weapons

All dyeable backpacks

A new breed

A new class

New mounts, not skills for existing mounts. I thought of a kind of Jade Dragon with its floating and flexible body, its ability could become invisible for a certain time. I thought of some kind of mount whose skill could be climbing.

With that they could create maps or specific locations that require the use of these new mounts. They could create super tall mounts that would be impossible for any other mount to reach and that would require the climbing mount. In the same way they could create specific locations where it would require the invisible ability of the "Jade Dragon" to be able to cross without being rigidly killed by horrible monsters or presence-detecting traps.

I need to draw these ideas on paper! Haha

Content...pure and simple...zerg meta events are not content.I'd like to see more and better use of our home instances. It seems like a total waste of a game system. You gave us this area...let us use it...decorate it, make it ours.More Elite Specs. - Make playing a class feel different. Give me my Arcane Archer!!

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Drakortha.6974 said:POF made me quit GW2 for the first time since launch 2012.. If there's hearts on the maps again like POF, I won't be coming back to GW2 for this expansion. But I still might not since mounts are a thing now and ruined the game.

Why do you think mounts ruined the game?

They did for me. I always enjoyed the speed and pace of exploration of Tyria in the base game. Your feet were always on the ground and it was centered around your character and his/her abilities. Gliders were a welcome addition. They didn't so much meddle with things too much, and only opening up more options when exploring. But mounts completely change the speed and pace of how we explore the maps, and further add to the mindset of rushing through everything (im more of the -slow down and smell the flowers- type, when it comes to exploring in my games).

And it's not like I can simply opt out of using them because then I'll just fall behind as everyone will rush past me and reach events faster than I can. The flying mounts are the worst of all. Try a google search on what the addition of flying mounts did for World of Warcraft. Ideally mounts should have been constrained to the POF maps only so that they could be optional. Except instead, this new Meta is forced on everyone and trivializes base game maps. Nothing makes me wish GW2 was a single player game more than mounts do.

@MokahTGS.7850 said:Content...pure and simple...zerg meta events are not content.I'd like to see more and better use of our home instances. It seems like a total waste of a game system. You gave us this area...let us use it...decorate it, make it ours.More Elite Specs. - Make playing a class feel different. Give me my Arcane Archer!!

That's a good one for elementalist. I am still for Hunter class with rifle for ranger.

@Psientist.6437 said:In the real world, hobby fishing is all about grinding out luck, collecting gear and pretending to be skilled. I don't know where it would fit within the mmo genre. I will give it a try but I know my idea will be terrible.

Where to fish is a real concern for Tyria fishing. Perhaps we can solve why fish and where to fish by making fishing a mounted skill set and we fish to feed our mounts. Our mounts take us to fishing holes based on their skills and diet. We would have to learn how to fish for carrots. Which is where my idea falls apart. Dumb can't be fun.

There are other fishing risks. Fishing leads to fish. Fish are a gateway reward to taxidermy and we all know what taxidermy wants. Taxidermists and Housing!

edit: Consumable effects could provide a social component. They could alter mount animations, add temporary auras, or cause events. Skyscales burp up fireworks. Jackals hiccup phase jump about. Roller beetles have heart burn outs. Skimmers get the dizzies. The effects would encourage fishing to lead to large public displays.

i've been fishing in litterally any other mmo i ve been playing. it's gw2 the exception

Hello guys! I would like to share two idols of mounts that I thought about today. I managed to make a simple sketch of the two. I think it would be something very new and interesting in Guild Wars 2, as they are different skills that we have not yet been able to experience within the game.R43jKfg.jpgWell, the first is an insectoid, I made it with eight legs and very similar to a giant spider. I found it interesting because this mount would have as its main skill climbing on extremely vertical and smooth walls. She would have appropriate feet to grab and stick to structures and climb, not to mention the resistance she would also have to support a weight on her back. It would also have an appropriate seat for the character to sit on and not have the displeasure of falling when the mount is completely in a vertical position of the structure. With that, the game could invest in maps and / or places where it would require a lot of this exclusive mount to reach the top, because we know that until now the springer needs a horizontal structure to get the momentum and climb, the skyscale despite being the more efficient, likewise has its limit.qzXJyYj.jpgThe second would be more beautiful and elegant, as it would be a kind of oriental dragon whose skills would be fluctuation, speed and the main thing would be stealth for a few seconds. Thus, the game could invest in unexplored and very risky locations for any character to step on. It could create caves or even palaces filled with many traps that detect any physical presence.In this way, this mount would enter the scene using its stealth ability to be able to carry out the course in a calm and safe way. Her fluctuation could differentiate a little from the skimmer, so the jade dragon could remain stabilized at a higher height than the skimmer. This mount could be lighter and therefore it would be able to remain fixed at a height twice the height that the skimmer is when it is summoned.

Hello guys! I would like to share two idols of mounts that I thought about today. I managed to make a simple sketch of the two. I think it would be something very new and interesting in Guild Wars 2, as they are different skills that we have not yet been able to experience within the game.R43jKfg.jpgWell, the first is an insectoid, I made it with eight legs and very similar to a giant spider. I found it interesting because this mount would have as its main skill climbing on extremely vertical and smooth walls. She would have appropriate feet to grab and stick to structures and climb, not to mention the resistance she would also have to support a weight on her back. It would also have an appropriate seat for the character to sit on and not have the displeasure of falling when the mount is completely in a vertical position of the structure. With that, the game could invest in maps and / or places where it would require a lot of this exclusive mount to reach the top, because we know that until now the springer needs a horizontal structure to get the momentum and climb, the skyscale despite being the more efficient, likewise has its limit.qzXJyYj.jpgThe second would be more beautiful and elegant, as it would be a kind of oriental dragon whose skills would be fluctuation, speed and the main thing would be stealth for a few seconds. Thus, the game could invest in unexplored and very risky locations for any character to step on. It could create caves or even palaces filled with many traps that detect any physical presence.In this way, this mount would enter the scene using its stealth ability to be able to carry out the course in a calm and safe way. Her fluctuation could differentiate a little from the skimmer, so the jade dragon could remain stabilized at a higher height than the skimmer. This mount could be lighter and therefore it would be able to remain fixed at a height twice the height that the skimmer is when it is summoned.

@Tere.4759 said:

@MokahTGS.7850 said:Content...pure and simple...zerg meta events are not content.I'd like to see more and better use of our home instances. It seems like a total waste of a game system. You gave us this area...let us use it...decorate it, make it ours.More Elite Specs. - Make playing a class feel different. Give me my Arcane Archer!!

That's a good one for elementalist. I am still for Hunter class with rifle for ranger.

I've been wanting Longbow on Elementalist since 2012.

The second would be more beautiful and elegant, as it would be a kind of oriental dragon whose skills would be fluctuation, speed and the main thing would be stealth for a few seconds. Thus, the game could invest in unexplored and very risky locations for any character to step on. It could create caves or even palaces filled with many traps that detect any physical presence.In this way, this mount would enter the scene using its stealth ability to be able to carry out the course in a calm and safe way. Her fluctuation could differentiate a little from the skimmer, so the jade dragon could remain stabilized at a higher height than the skimmer. This mount could be lighter and therefore it would be able to remain fixed at a height twice the height that the skimmer is when it is summoned.

I'd love that oriental dragon. But - There is already a mastery that grsnts any mount stealth.

Tengu playable

Kuunavang - Check

Elite Dungeon-like mode that would focus on exploration (Not raids) like Urgoz/Kanaxai/DoA were in GW1.

Ritualist

More events in WvW. Drop a vale guardian in the middle of SMC, that kinda thing :D or some weekly rotation on effects (similar to what you can get with fractals, but meant to change the gameplay a bit, no garbage like slow down or social awkwardness)

Mount-enabled WvW map (keep ONE of the borderlands mount-enabled, leave the rest as is)

Bonus: POLYMOCK ::disappointed:

@lummuss.6850 said:Hello guys! I would like to share two idols of mounts that I thought about today. I managed to make a simple sketch of the two. I think it would be something very new and interesting in Guild Wars 2, as they are different skills that we have not yet been able to experience within the game.

Really great concepts. I respect you for spending some time on those ideas.