Is there a way to buy gems right now?

It's supposed to be working, but there's been problems with the Trading Post recently. If the button literally doesn't do anything try waiting a while to make sure the gem store has fully loaded before clicking it, or try going to a less busy map. I don't know if that actually helps but I feel like I've been hit with the TP freezing issues less often when I'm not in a town or busy map.

If you're getting through to the end of the process and then getting a message that something went wrong you'll need to contact Support and ask them to fix it. I'm not sure what exactly is going on but they seem to be having issues with the payment processor blocking some transactions. It happened to me for the first time last weekend and took about 32 hours from when I submitted the ticket to get it sorted so I was able to buy gems.

@Danikat.8537 said:It's supposed to be working, but there's been problems with the Trading Post recently. If the button literally doesn't do anything try waiting a while to make sure the gem store has fully loaded before clicking it, or try going to a less busy map. I don't know if that actually helps but I feel like I've been hit with the TP freezing issues less often when I'm not in a town or busy map.

If you're getting through to the end of the process and then getting a message that something went wrong you'll need to contact Support and ask them to fix it. I'm not sure what exactly is going on but they seem to be having issues with the payment processor blocking some transactions. It happened to me for the first time last weekend and took about 32 hours from when I submitted the ticket to get it sorted so I was able to buy gems.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to drop a support ticket. I tried both my PayPal and a credit card, and there is an error message at the top of the screen that goes by 'really' fast and I can't make it out, then drops me back at the beginning.

Kind of annoying to have so many issues during a timed sale. They should consider extending that anniversary sale.

I did manage to get it to work and buy the items I wanted - but then I was unable to get the last thing I was considering as the gem trading and buying both just went completely out for me last night. And it sounds like I was not alone in that.

@notebene.3190 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:It's supposed to be working, but there's been problems with the Trading Post recently. If the button literally doesn't do anything try waiting a while to make sure the gem store has fully loaded before clicking it, or try going to a less busy map. I don't know if that actually helps but I feel like I've been hit with the TP freezing issues less often when I'm not in a town or busy map.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to drop a support ticket. I tried both my PayPal and a credit card, and there is an error message at the top of the screen that goes by 'really' fast and I can't make it out, then drops me back at the beginning.

That's exactly what was happening to me. They never said what exactly the problem was, just that my transactions were being caught in security procedures but I assume it wasn't a problem with my card/account/Paypal because they didn't ask for any additional info beyond the minimum required to submit a ticket. I just got a message saying it was fixed and then I was able to buy gems again.

Be very careful about trying multiple times to buy gems. In the past, people that have done that during laggy times like this have then found that each and every buy order eventually went through. That can get expensive -- I believe Support will help, but meanwhile you have been charged for way more gems than you wanted to buy. I doubt most people can afford to buy 8K gems when they only wanted 800 but they didn't give up trying until ten attempts were in.

@notebene.3190 said:Anyone know how long the turtle mount will be there?

They said they fixed me late last night, couldn't try it then, but tried twice this morning and still can't buy gems. I responded to them, hopefully get more help today. :'(

I don't know exactly how long it will be there, but I think it will be there over the weekend at least, to allow for people who only play on weekends.

But if you're not able to get the problem sorted before it disappears I think Support would help you. Either update the existing ticket if it's not closed as soon as the problem is fixed or open a new one and include the number of the original ticket when explaining that you weren't able to get it because you couldn't buy gems and ask them to remove the gems from your account and send you the skin. I'm not sure they're really required to do things like that, but I know they have done it sometimes for people who were unable to buy limited time items due to problems.