Holosmith: It only does EVERYTHING

I agree it does a bit much of everything, it's not as bad anymore but can still kite and heal forever while doing huge amounts of damage, and this is speaking as someone who would put holo in their top 3 most played pvp classes in the last 2 years.The new grenade spammer build is pretty fun not gonna lie but it can stay alive forever with blocks/leap/stealth/elixir S the usual. Heat Therapy has always been and still is way too strong, the cleanse on exiting forge is a little more difficult to manage and not too broken imo. Superspeed on the Holo leap needs a icd or shorter duration.

Scrapper is pretty strong as well and will probably become meta if Holo is nerfed so that's another thing to consider.@Noah Salazar.5430 I myself bounce between gold 3/plat 1 and will have to disagree, holo is sifinicantly stronger than scrapper, especially if the player has half a brain. There's just a lot more potential and flexibility with it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"MementoMortis.4258" said:It's amazing that we even need this thread!?!? This isn't one class complaining about another! This is BLATENT, OVERT and GROSSLY BROKEN Class! I've watched Holos destroy another Plat Level Player in less than 2secs and then fend off a counter attack by two other members of that team. That's not balanced.If this holo can destroy another plat level player in less than 2s and that player is of equal skill, he can destroy the holo in less than 2s as well. And 2 should never loose against 1 unless they're getting outplayed.

Besides that the way you present it is pretty hilarious. You've never seen another class do the exact same thing? You've never seen
every single class
do the exact same thing?

I love how no matter how stupidly overpowered a class is, when someone points it out on the forums , there's always someone that starts the "L2P" trend and the thread skews into strategies to somehow defeat the broken class.

Yes. I've absolutely seen the same thing, but not nearly as often and not nearly so consistently. That same Holo can do this over and over in a relatively short amount of time. They spray huge AOE damage with Nades at range then switch to Holoforge for melee (which is also mostly AOE) and, if they ever get into ANY kind trouble, they have multiple "Get out of jail free" cards they can play at the end of which, everything is off CD and they come right back just as hard. It's just silly. This is painfully obvious to anyone playing in Plat right now.

The majority of the time, holo gets to nullify an entire burst setup because of the blind, waiting on that blind is not a solution either because it lasts too long. Then also counting the fact that explosive entrance can hit up to 3.5k, it's ridiculous to let that slip when everything else that's evade based got the nerf hammer for a GOOD reason.

Bet you that just changed that altogether would probably make nades not as annoying because you can actually control the player using them and you don't get blinded anytime you want to counter attack. Fact is, grenades were never used because it wasn't possible to safely sustain in grenades, that blind actually allows it among other things.

@"Shao.7236" said:The majority of the time, holo gets to nullify an entire burst setup because of the blind, waiting on that blind is not a solution either because it lasts too long. Then also counting the fact that explosive entrance can hit up to 3.5k, it's ridiculous to let that slip when everything else that's evade based got the nerf hammer for a GOOD reason.

Bet you that just changed that altogether would probably make nades not as annoying because you can actually control the player using them and you don't get blinded anytime you want to counter attack. Fact is, grenades were never used because it wasn't possible to safely sustain in grenades, that blind actually allows it among other things.Explosive entrance doesn't have actual counterplay, it is not on dodge trait it is next hit trait that lands, also it has pve scaling while the rest of the dodge traits like reckless dodge got the pvp -33% scaling. I don't think classes with high number of skills should get passives like that, something like warrior is ok to have on "do this action" trait since it has low number of utility skills it can use, but slapping the strength line and naming it explosives on engi doesn't fly well with me.

Some quick thoughts. I've been fighting Holosmiths in the arena and the reason I've found that they are so oppressive to fight against is that they almost never need to go on the defensive.

• Blind spam lets them go on the offensive without fear the opponent will hit them back
  • Extreme damage output keeps their opponent on the defensive.
  • Attempts to slow them down with soft CC just falls off them with Crystal Configuration: Zephyr-traited Leap ( 2-second cooldown, which also gives them superspeed)
  • Copius amounts of CC—which combos into the aforementioned damage—that makes escaping the perpetually superspeeded Holosmith almost impossible
  • Passive might generation AND passive condition clear/conversion AND passive healing from the Holosmith and Elixir specializations, passive barrier generation from the Elixir and Explosion specializations.

Holosmiths never need to stop pressuring their opponents because many of their defensive utilities (buffing, condition clear, healing, barrier) are activated passively while they are attacking. Mind you this doesn't even account for their activated defensive utilities (should they even need to use them), like Elixir S, which can be used to escape, stall the fight long enough for the healing ability or passive utilities to come off cooldown or stomp a downed enemy without the risk of interruption.

The specialization, or rather the meta build, is in a league of its own right now and you feel it with every encounter of a Holosmith where even the middling ones are hard to overcome and the great ones feel almost impossible to beat.

The people who say the last patch is to blame are completely right.

The meta settles based on hard counters, and the list of competitors now out of meta is long:

• FA Weaver
  • Spellbreaker
  • One dodge Mirage
  • Dragonhunter
  • Soulbeast

That being said, power thief and power herald still remain as hard counters so it's not overly op like other specs. It's just rather heavily dependent on your team composition unlike a rev f.ex who can be useful in any comp and do well against all meta picks.

• 5 weeks later...

I just saw someone say Core Engineer is amazing and it has no weaknesses. Someone shut down these forums because there is nothing else to discuss here.

This is just as bad or if not worse than the people that had the gonads to defend mirage when it was stupidly broken that literally you were seeing two of it every game. Anet should not listen to you people, period.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I just saw someone say Core Engineer is amazing and it has no weaknesses. Someone shut down these forums because there is nothing else to discuss here.

This is just as bad or if not worse than the people that had the gonads to defend mirage when it was stupidly broken that literally you were seeing two of it every game. Anet should not listen to you people, period.

Imagine thinking the current state of Holo and Scrapper are perfectly fine.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I just saw someone say Core Engineer is amazing and it has no weaknesses. Someone shut down these forums because there is nothing else to discuss here.

Imagine thinking the current state of Holo and Scrapper are perfectly fine.

While you mentioned Core engineer is good? ???? Unfortunate that I didn't even mention it in my post, sad times. It's alright, I'm sure you'll be saying core ele is strong too, because LR Weaver is strong.

Godspeed ?