Unusual and Insanely High Ping - August 26th, 2020

Is anybody having a sudden problem with insanely high pings? I've been playing through the various story content (my story, living worlds, heart of thorns, path of fire, etc.) the several weeks with no problems. Now suddenly my ping skyrockets up to 2,000.

I am using the same router/connection settings, same PC and everything.

It is kind of funny to try to walk through the Pact Encampment gates and they don't open though, lol.

Yes, me too. I always had a good connection until the past 2 or 3 weeks. I get ping from 135 to 1,600......yes ,1600 ping! The game is miserable to play for me. And I get those firewall error popups in the game. Sometimes 5 to 10 times a day. Dont know if that's any connection to the ping problem.

I am glad you posted this RoboticZombie. I was about ready to call my internet service. But everything else is fine except Guild Wars. I too will submit a ticket....good thinking on your part. I hope everyone else does likewise.

1:00pm now and my game wont even hardly load do do my 6 pacts for the day. 4893 ping right now...unreal.

*edit...By the way, how do I submit a ticket? :)

@"Otter.6049" said:I am glad you posted this RoboticZombie. I was about ready to call my internet service. But everything else is fine except Guild Wars. I too will submit a ticket....good thinking on your part. I hope everyone else does likewise.

1:00pm now and my game wont even hardly load do do my 6 pacts for the day. 4893 ping right now...unreal.

*edit...By the way, how do I submit a ticket? :)

No problem! Same here, I logged in to try to play and the first mob I see, my skills start lagging and characters are running in place lol

It took me a bit to find where to submit a ticket too lol, but you can do it here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@RoboticZombie.4265 said:Cool, thanks guys! Atleast I know I'm not the only one lol

I went ahead and sent a support ticket, linking this thread, to try to get an answer. Hopefully it doesn't get buried too far deep.Ticket #7863131

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm experiencing skill lag, mount lag, gathering lag...and jump pad lag. Tried to bounce from the bank to the TP in LA, my guy was spinning madly in place, then all of a sudden he was in the harbor beyond the TP.

Yeah, I got it bad in Bjora Marches, maybe around 26 hours ago? It was definitely lag - nothing would happen and my skills would flash, and then all of a sudden the should-have-happened actions were blink and you miss it. A number of times I almost died because I couldn't react to incoming damage, and NPCs were suddenly on top of me instead of being outside of melee range like the last time I saw them.

I gave up on the map because I got sick of being downed/ almost being downed. It was unplayable.

And I assume it wasn't packet loss because everything eventually caught up, just in a very small amount of time. There wasn't any rubberbanding, but I wasn't moving when all this was happening.

Edited to add: this was occurring when the meta/s weren't active.

Yep 1377 ping and now i cannot even login anymore, Australian here.

Gave up its unplayable gonna play SWTOR it can have my money and time this is not worth it.

@"RoboticZombie.4265" said:I just wanted to keep everyone updated about what I heard from support. They said that they were working on this issue on their end.

They told me they would post updates to the issue to this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111982/an-update-on-game-performance-issues

That was almost a month ago and its not changed at all, still horrible daily.

@Dante.1508 said:Yep 1377 ping and now i cannot even login anymore, Australian here.

Gave up its unplayable gonna play SWTOR it can have my money and time this is not worth it.

@"RoboticZombie.4265" said:I just wanted to keep everyone updated about what I heard from support. They said that they were working on this issue on their end.

They told me they would post updates to the issue to this thread:

Is that game good? Due to these ping issues I'm ready to hop onto BDO or SWTOR. I wish New World was ready.

@Ghost.2961 said:

@Dante.1508 said:Yep 1377 ping and now i cannot even login anymore, Australian here.

They told me they would post updates to the issue to this thread:

Is that game good? Due to these ping issues I'm ready to hop onto BDO or SWTOR. I wish New World was ready.

Its a bit clunky and to play best you need a subscription, you can play free but its limited a lot like here (not as bad as some) that said yes its very fun and heaps to do.. The SWTOR cash shop is a lot cheaper than Guildwars 2 to buy stuff.

It's their servers, they are crap, always have been crap, and always will be crap until they start caring about them.

I haven't played this game in years and I don't remember the servers being decent back then either, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the game's performance since I came back to try it again, and I wonder why I bothered to be honest as its an extremely frustrating, unenjoyable experience to say the least, with all the constant, skill cast delays, d/c, I am dying so much to the point it's just a chore due to the lag.

What a joke of a game.