[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

@Leonidrex.5649 said:soi is usually better for condi builds RN, due to overstacking F2 shatter and its long cooldown, so it has 2 reasons to be used, to reset f2 and f3 for offensive and reset f4 for defence. For power its usually just F4 reset becouse F1 has super low cooldown, but F3 is still good due to daze-> vulnerability + boon removal. Problem is that power lacks the clones to make full use of it due to shorter F1 cooldowns and fights lasting shorter ( less time to generate clones ).I guess at lower ranks SOI would be much better due to solo potential while the higher you go the more value you can get out of portal, it would also depend on the team comp, I dont think portal would be all that good if you have 2 monkey thiefs doing decap duty for you.

haha true with the thiefs, but i never had 2 thiefs in my team until now and i most likly would switch to iol, not to soi, even tho soi is also rly good on power with double f4 and double mirrors from f4 and double f3 for more interrupts. in 2v2 i use soi because best choice in my opinion, also on power. but in conquest on my build i prefer teamsupport utilities, also when the bad one dodge nerf makes it almost impossible hard to run them, just as it makes it almost impossible to play with mirage tools in a tactic manner :(

@"Jazz.4639"I recentyly started playing the build, what are your thoughts on switching deceptive evasion for sup complex, and reneved oasis for self-deception to supplement clone generation with GS?editdid some light testing2 GS clone ambush into shatter with complex deals about as much as 3 GS clone ambush with DE.1 GS ambush into shatter is heavy rng but 2 GS ambush into shatter usually is better3 GS ambush into shatter with complex deals much more then without obv.So I guess its utility off vulnerability for teammates + having clones for sword daze/f3/f4/f2 as utility vs potential of raw damage if left with 3 clones and much more dmg on sword set.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639"I recentyly started playing the build, what are your thoughts on switching deceptive evasion for sup complex, and reneved oasis for self-deception to supplement clone generation with GS?editdid some light testing2 GS clone ambush into shatter with complex deals about as much as 3 GS clone ambush with DE.1 GS ambush into shatter is heavy rng but 2 GS ambush into shatter usually is better3 GS ambush into shatter with complex deals much more then without obv.So I guess its utility off vulnerability for teammates + having clones for sword daze/f3/f4/f2 as utility vs potential of raw damage if left with 3 clones and much more dmg on sword set.

ye ofc when you go sc instead de you trade utilitie for dmg. i dont think it makes a lot sense with my build. you lose a lot of combos and gameplay moves you can do with ih/de/pb esp with sword. if you prefer more dmg then i would say go the new boonremove trait instead pb, sc and em or ih (that is up to you, if you dont have problems to deal with condi builds stay ih), and go soi instead daze mantra or instead portal (but without pb i would not use daze mantra anymore). you also could use illu ambush.but tbh no matter what i tested, i found my build the most useful for conquest out of all power mirage builds. even tho you have less dmg but you compensate it with no problem with teamsupport (at least the way i play, maybe it is a matter of playstyle). so i think the more in dmg is not as useful as more util except you rly go for full burst (oneshot). and for that i would think core is better (only the mobility is a problem). i think mirage shines the most on power builds as support hybrid, bc is has so many nice util tools. for pure dmg other mes builds are better in my opinion. the only variant that can do same or bit more dmg and even in a very easy to play variant is when you went sc, old double zerker trait, self-deception and in util soi, illu ambush. you could kill targets with only using gs ambushes. while you just retarget, stealth or f4 when someone will attack you. change position or mirror chaining - restart/continue gs ambush. very strong and easy duel build, probs still working, but also not the best in conquest in my opinion.

to your testing, that is weird, when i tested (longer time ago at golems) the dmg with sc, my own ambush alone made that much more dmg most of the time, that for gs ambush spam purposes the de/ih clone dmg was totally overshadowed by what sc adds to my own ambush already. de/ih on power you rly use for the util stuff, not mainly for the dmg. if you think about that sc buffs all skills that crit (including each single proc of gs auto and ambush) than your dmg should be clearly better than with my build. in wvw it is even more remarkable. i nearly oneshotted ppl with only my ambush with over 10k on just 2 ambush beam procs from one dodge (so around 13-15k in total on my own ambush with only one dodge, no clone dmg included, with sc used). but wvw is different anyway, also when i barely use buff food there. already gear stats are crazy in wvw. but i also saw 3-5k crits each beam in pvp and mw do crazy crits with sc too (before patch at least). maybe patch changed it more than i expected.time for new testing oO

@"Jazz.4639" thx for your imput, I suspect your build will work better they higher you go, people can do more with your interrupts and constant vulnerability application with a threat of burst damage.I just got tilted that afk necro didnt take any dmg and started testing more damaging options ;pas for the damage I suspect it came down to extra 1 clone for shatter and extra vulnerability from extra clone doing the ambush, but it was very hit or miss becouse crit + 25% crit dmg is a big jump in dmg if it doesnt crit while DE remained more consistent.Ill keep testing and see how it works for me. It just feels like such a shame to not use sup complex, one of if not the strongest pure dmg trait in the game

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639" thx for your imput, I suspect your build will work better they higher you go, people can do more with your interrupts and constant vulnerability application with a threat of burst damage.I just got tilted that afk necro didnt take any dmg and started testing more damaging options ;pas for the damage I suspect it came down to extra 1 clone for shatter and extra vulnerability from extra clone doing the ambush, but it was very hit or miss becouse crit + 25% crit dmg is a big jump in dmg if it doesnt crit while DE remained more consistent.Ill keep testing and see how it works for me. It just feels like such a shame to not use sup complex, one of if not the strongest pure dmg trait in the game

true sc is only on crit but we crit that often, it feels very consistent to me. i feel the dmg with sc is clearly higher, also you dodge on sword a lot with my build for util reasons and sword ambush clones have no dmg (except on interrupt from pb). meanwhile having 1,5-2,5k mw or most time way over 3,5k is a big difference ;) also zerkers hit alot harder when they hit and crit and they almost always crit on few hits.haha yes do not duel necros that is rly a waste of your time, he can outsustain all you have, and when decent necros also know how to kite you cannot rly do much

edit: you dodge "alot" ALOT ahahaha what an unfitting word choice

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"Jazz.4639" thx for your imput, I suspect your build will work better they higher you go, people can do more with your interrupts and constant vulnerability application with a threat of burst damage.I just got tilted that afk necro didnt take any dmg and started testing more damaging options ;pas for the damage I suspect it came down to extra 1 clone for shatter and extra vulnerability from extra clone doing the ambush, but it was very hit or miss becouse crit + 25% crit dmg is a big jump in dmg if it doesnt crit while DE remained more consistent.Ill keep testing and see how it works for me. It just feels like such a shame to not use sup complex, one of if not the strongest pure dmg trait in the game

true sc is only on crit but we crit that often, it feels very consistent to me. i feel the dmg with sc is clearly higher, also you dodge on sword a lot with my build for util reasons and sword ambush clones have no dmg (except on interrupt from pb). meanwhile having 1,5-2,5k mw or most time way over 3,5k is a big difference ;) also zerkers hit alot harder when they hit and crit and they almost always crit on few hits.haha yes do not duel necros that is rly a waste of your time, he can outsustain all you have, and when decent necros also know how to kite you cannot rly do much

SC doesn't affect zerkers

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

wuus? why that? since when?edit: i just tested it, you are right wtf oO but why? the only difference i got was on the first hit it was 716 instead 662 (no clue why actually) but all later hits were the same.i didnt know that, is that new? i know that boons have to be applied to the illus themself to work on their dmg but i thought for simple dmg multiplier it is the same as with the gear.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

wuus? why that? since when?edit: i just tested it, you are right kitten oO but why? the only difference i got was on the first hit it was 716 instead 662 (no clue why actually) but all later hits were the same.i didnt know that, is that new? i know that boons have to be applied to the illus themself to work on their dmg but i thought for simple dmg multiplier it is the same as with the gear.

The first hit comes from the mesmer himself (it's the greatsword throw that removes boons), that's why it works with SC. The damage multipliers that work with phantasms will say so on the trait, for example Danger Time says "This bonus also applies to your illusions" and Vicious Expression says You and your illusions deal increased damage to foes without boons".

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

wuus? why that? since when?edit: i just tested it, you are right kitten oO but why? the only difference i got was on the first hit it was 716 instead 662 (no clue why actually) but all later hits were the same.i didnt know that, is that new? i know that boons have to be applied to the illus themself to work on their dmg but i thought for simple dmg multiplier it is the same as with the gear.

The first hit comes from the mesmer himself (it's the greatsword throw that removes boons), that's why it works with SC. The damage multipliers that work with phantasms will say so on the trait, for example Danger Time says "This bonus
also applies to your illusions
" and Vicious Expression says You
and your illusions
deal increased damage to foes without boons".

aaah yes that makes sense. 8 years in the game and i never paid enough attention to that oO thx for telling me o/

• 1 month later...

hi new vid up. pvp roaming (ats and 3v3 season) with power mirage. its pretty long (ye i know sry) and again something between a twitch vod upload and a montage. so it has voice audio in most parts (english and german, when german with engl. subtitle included in the vid). its just a funny compilation of stuff. lot of footage is simply used bc of the audio, at parts are mostly to show some portal plays. long live the gallows humor (which is needed to have at least a bit of fun even tho the mes elite balance is still horrible and power mirage viability highly questionable). i hope you can enjoy the vid, even tho its very long again ;)

pls give a like, comment and subscribe also on youtube if you want to support my channel! o/

This title haha.Mesmer average crit : 1k :D mean the lack of pressure out of rupt is real but it's fun.I'm eyeing on vicious expression occasionally but power block seems stronger yeah.That said I'm more on the lazy side of running EM and Superiority complex when soloing (so no team assist...).Anyway thanks for sharing.

@viquing.8254 said:This title haha.Mesmer average crit : 1k :D mean the lack of pressure out of rupt is real but it's fun.I'm eyeing on vicious expression occasionally but power block seems stronger yeah.That said I'm more on the lazy side of running EM and Superiority complex when soloing (so no team assist...).Anyway thanks for sharing.

i would use vicious expression too on every builds not using de/ih and esp when not using daze mantra. the boonremove is rly strong with f3 then. but in my build powerblock makes more sense.thx for watching, im glad you like it and the title hehe <3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@"Yoci.2481" said:I will try your WvW build but I am afraid I have the bad habit of getting into into a "situation". Then I need a lot of stealth and mobility to get out. ^ . ^ '

hehe dont worry we all have these situations in wvw. like seeing 5 enemies: 2 bunker condispam necros 2 support fbs and a holo. being aware or getting the blocks with autoattacks before jumping in for ez kill. sadly then still doing zero dmg and instant going down to one lucky rdm hit of a condi skill from one necro and the holo dmg from dodging your burst. me: "good no one else saw that", instant deleting the recording :lol:

@viquing.8254 said:Thanks for sharing.It's sad to see your high combo setup nullify by opponent random clics...I'm also suprised about how few condi you took in fight.

yo, shit happensabout condi avoidance its mostly about positioning and knowing when to go in or not. and using defense skills for the right stuff (so the condi bombs and not the perma rdm condispam, the perma rdm condispam will be covered by vita from mara amu). actually the only condi builds can bomb me without me even failing anything due to high condiburst and still good follow ups for constant pressure is condimes, esp condimirage (bc they also can follow with their mobility, a core mes or chrono you can just outrun) and condi thief. to a condirev you should never die, here the problem is more that he will not die either, doesnt matter how perfectly you hit all your dmg. so you have to leave at some point to stay alive.

thx for the feedback @both <3

• 1 month later...