Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"OrangePanda.2137" said:I have the same problem.I tried buying gems maybe 5 or 6 times in the last 2 weeks and the game just wont let me do it. It just quickly flashes some red text after I accept the transaction which says "An error has occured, try again later". I tried lowering my firewall heck i even turnt it off completely, cleared the gw2 cache tried with several other credit cards and still nothing. And I highly doubt it that there is some kind of restriction from my bank because i made purchases bigger than cost of 8k gems.

Any1 knows how fast the support team usually responds?

Gladly it got fixed 36 hours from submiti g the ticket. So yea thats nice but this shouldnt happen this often.

I am unable to purchase gems as well. I tried using PayPal and my debit card.Since it seems being logged in on the support sub-website is impossible at the moment, I contacted the support through direct e-mail.I received an answer after a few hours telling me that my account was caught in the automatic security system for payments and that they have to unlock it manually.A few hours later, I received another e-mail telling me that it was unlocked and working. I logged in immediately to test it and it did not work I still got the same error everybody had "An error has occurred please try again later." right after the payment validation. I tried answering to the e-mail but it does not seem to work.I feel kind of stuck right now. I have no way to be logged in on the support page (but I am perfectly logged in on my account page) and answering through e-mails does not seem to work.

I am throwing a bottle at sea hoping to reach someone who could possibly have an idea what's going on.

@"Zeeg.7340" said:I am unable to purchase gems as well. I tried using PayPal and my debit card.Since it seems being logged in on the support sub-website is impossible at the moment, I contacted the support through direct e-mail.I received an answer after a few hours telling me that my account was caught in the automatic security system for payments and that they have to unlock it manually.A few hours later, I received another e-mail telling me that it was unlocked and working. I logged in immediately to test it and it did not work I still got the same error everybody had "An error has occurred please try again later." right after the payment validation. I tried answering to the e-mail but it does not seem to work.I feel kind of stuck right now. I have no way to be logged in on the support page (but I am perfectly logged in on my account page) and answering through e-mails does not seem to work.

I am throwing a bottle at sea hoping to reach someone who could possibly have an idea what's going on.

You can contact the CS Team via a 'ticket' by using the 'Anonymous' feature on the Support site web-form.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Zeeg.7340" said:I am unable to purchase gems as well. I tried using PayPal and my debit card.Since it seems being logged in on the support sub-website is impossible at the moment, I contacted the support through direct e-mail.I received an answer after a few hours telling me that my account was caught in the automatic security system for payments and that they have to unlock it manually.A few hours later, I received another e-mail telling me that it was unlocked and working. I logged in immediately to test it and it did not work I still got the same error everybody had "An error has occurred please try again later." right after the payment validation. I tried answering to the e-mail but it does not seem to work.I feel kind of stuck right now. I have no way to be logged in on the support page (but I am perfectly logged in on my account page) and answering through e-mails does not seem to work.

You can contact the CS Team via a 'ticket' by using the 'Anonymous' feature on the Support site web-form.

Thanks for your answer. I may have been unclear but this is exactly what I did. I tried answering through the e-mail they sent me but it does not seem to work. I'll just open a second ticket...

@Zeeg.7340 said:

@Zeeg.7340 said:I am unable to purchase gems as well. I tried using PayPal and my debit card.Since it seems being logged in on the support sub-website is impossible at the moment, I contacted the support through direct e-mail.I received an answer after a few hours telling me that my account was caught in the automatic security system for payments and that they have to unlock it manually.A few hours later, I received another e-mail telling me that it was unlocked and working. I logged in immediately to test it and it did not work I still got the same error everybody had "An error has occurred please try again later." right after the payment validation. I tried answering to the e-mail but it does not seem to work.I feel kind of stuck right now. I have no way to be logged in on the support page (but I am perfectly logged in on my account page) and answering through e-mails does not seem to work.

Thanks for your answer. I may have been unclear but this is exactly what I did. I tried answering through the e-mail they sent me but it does not seem to work. I'll just open a second ticket...

You should not create a new, duplicate ticket. You should update your ticket with the information that you did not have trouble accessing your account, but that you receive an error when trying to purchase Gems. Or, that their 'fix' did not, indeed, fix the issue.

Creating a duplicate will just send you to the back of the queue.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

@Scooter.4819 said:I've been trying to buy gems for the last week also. I have tried 4 credit cards and my debt card along with a PayPal account and have not been able to. If anyone gets help please let me know so that I'll be able to try the fix and get some gems. Thank you for all the help!

You will need to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

You aren't supplying ANYTHING, there is no link to make a ticket.

@Demonspike.7539 said:

@Scooter.4819 said:I've been trying to buy gems for the last week also. I have tried 4 credit cards and my debt card along with a PayPal account and have not been able to. If anyone gets help please let me know so that I'll be able to try the fix and get some gems. Thank you for all the help!

You will need to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

Click the prominent red box that states 'SUBMIT A TICKET' at the top of the page accessed via the link.

Good luck.

Click the prominent red box that states 'SUBMIT A TICKET' at the top of the page accessed via the link.

There we go, thank you!This is really frustrating me, I am getting constantly disconnected from the server log on, while actually being logged in and playing the game, it just kicks me out to my character select, and now this... cannot buy any gems from the gem store... wtf is going on?

Having the same issue atm; logged a ticket and patiently awaiting feedback :-)Bit strange their security system is so touchy.. my account is 8 years old, I have loads of purchases with both my paypal and cc. (same paypal as I used couple of days ago to buy the expansion). Can't get over what a sh1t ton of work their billing department must have fixing this one ticket at a time..Hope they fix it before the discount on shared stash slots is over.

EDIT: anyone know if their billing dept works in weekends ?

This is currently happening to me as well. I tried 3 times yesterday but got that same split second error message as it dumped me back to the gem package selection window, and then nothing. I called my bank and they confirmed that they saw no attempts on their end, so it's definitely not an issue with the automated "suspicious activity" systems.

I did receive a reply within about 2 hours, but all it said was "Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks." and then indicated that it could be 12+ hours before they typically figure out what's happening. The reply came almost 12 hours ago, and I've had no follow up, so who knows.

With that said, I tried again this morning with a smaller package, and my order went through. I needed more gems to buy what I wanted so I immediately tried again to get the correct amount of gems, and BAM, the error is back, and I've been unable to purchase the rest of the gems that I need.

Hi all - Not sure if a lot of people do this, but I wanted to update you on my situation... As you may know, I too had a issue/bug/error when trying to purchase GEMS from the BLTC... Now, I can tell you this, if you DO NOT make a ticket, you will NOT get the issue fixed... That I can guarantee you.

So, to my update then... I made a ticket and got a response within a day, I was informed by the GW2 support team that they have a system in place which detects "COULD BE" fraud activity, by this I mean they have a computer alert system, which detects possible over-spending coming from your account, that surely isn't what they consider "Normal Rate"At first I was annoyed because I couldn't buy GEMS, but I can see now why it flags these purchases. It is to protect us, as players, from having someone break into our account, and flushing our IRL banks dry from in game GEM purchases.When I think of it this way, as a security measure to help us all, I don't feel so angry.

My first purchase after returning to the game, was for a lower amount, I am guessing the lower amount never flagged the system and went through okay, however upon realizing I didn't get enough, I tired to buy more (4000), and the block kicked in... If you try to get more than X amount in a certain time frame, I think that is when the system flags your account and blocks your purchases, because it looks "Suspicious" and rightly so... It's not so much the amount you buy, but the amount total and frequency.

Anyway, my issue is now sorted, the wonderful GW2 support team, made a few "adjustments" to my account, and bingo!, I can now buy GEMS.

I guess what I am saying is, we need to be careful with what we buy and how often, to not get flagged by the system... think hard on what you may need, make one purchase, and then leave off buying any more for maybe 48 hrs... this is just a guess, I don't know the actual window between purchases.

I wanted to let you all know, because I know lots of us have had this issue, and I wanted to share my information and knowledge of this with you all, and I hope that I have been able to help some, if not all of you, in finding a resolution...

Stay safe my friends.... now, let us go slay an Elder Dragon!

This issue started for me a few days ago, after not having any issues for years. Submitted a ticket and got a few "we did something to you, try again" messages, to which I tried again, and it still failed. They have now gone dark, and as of today, this is what I see when I go to buy gems.

Vml6T75.png

This issue (Error has occured please try again later) hit me yesterday for the first time after dozens of gem purchases over the years. After reinstalling the game i managed to buy 4000 gems but when i decided i want 4000 more the issue is back and i cant buy them :(

It's ridiculous how a company that relies on micro-transactions makes it so damn hard for me to give them my money.

By the time I get this crap sorted out the offers I wanted to take advantage of in the gem store will be over. That's 100USD that I might or might not spend again in the future.

Fix your shit.

@Antinous.9341 said:It's ridiculous how a company that relies on micro-transactions makes it so kitten hard for me to give them my money.

By the time I get this kitten sorted out the offers I wanted to take advantage of in the gem store will be over. That's 100USD that I might or might not spend again in the future.

Fix your kitten.

You do know that if you write support as long as the offer is still running and say you want the gems for that and that offers they will honor them after the fact when they get it sorted.