Kappa in Cantha

@Kadsik.9281 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:Didn't the mad regime of ministry of purity exterminate everyone and everything that wasn't canthan? So they are all dead, like everything else that didn't escape. If anything had time to escape.

I'd be ok with that story direction, but what I mean is if any of those creatures are still around, hopefully they don't change their base look too much.

Only kappa i have seen was in nioh, and it surely wasn't cute or cuddly. Also, it had weird inclinations.

Just checked the Nioh Kappa out, jeez those are freaky looking.

You should check a video of their attack. It must be some japanese humor, but still all i can ask is: what?!

@aspirine.6852 said:Just wondering if Kanaxai is still around :P His mini used to be one of the most expensive items in the game.

Well we would be killing him in the bounty quest, but since he is his own type of demon not really connected to the mists, maybe he can just come back. It would be awesome to see him and the Oni again.

I agree with the OP, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. GW2 has a pretty inconsistent track record when it comes to faithfully recreating creatures from GW1. A few creatures in the core game kept similar designs, like grawl, ettins and raptors, but a lot of them had substantial redesigns. Trolls, skelk, skale, tengu, kraits, drakes, and even norn look quite different. The expansions are probably even less faithful. In HoT, saurians were redesigned so heavily that they don't even have the same species. In PoF, a lot of the Elonian wildlife from Nightfall was removed and replaced with completely new creatures, while djinn and hydras look completely different.

I don't think this is bad necessarily - in fact, I think many of the redesigns are improvements - but I don't think we can really predict what creatures will be in Cantha, or what they'll look like.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I agree with the OP, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. GW2 has a pretty inconsistent track record when it comes to faithfully recreating creatures from GW1. A few creatures in the core game kept similar designs, like grawl, ettins and raptors, but a lot of them had substantial redesigns. Trolls, skelk, skale, tengu, kraits, drakes, and even norn look quite different. The expansions are probably even less faithful. In HoT, saurians were redesigned so heavily that they don't even have the same species. In PoF, a lot of the Elonian wildlife from Nightfall was removed and replaced with completely new creatures, while djinn and hydras look completely different.

I don't think this is bad necessarily - in fact, I think many of the redesigns are improvements - but I don't think we can really predict what creatures will be in Cantha, or what they'll look like.

Very true, I think of a couple of species that were quite similar to eachother, but were never added and were quite commonplace in the first game. Mandragor and Mantid/Mantis, I feel as though if we were going to see these guys we would of already. They were scattered around EotN, Nightfall and the Factions areas. Who knows though maybe they will sneak them into EoD as well.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Yggranya.5201 said:Didn't the mad regime of ministry of purity exterminate everyone and everything that wasn't canthan? So they are all dead, like everything else that didn't escape. If anything had time to escape.

I'd be ok with that story direction, but what I mean is if any of those creatures are still around, hopefully they don't change their base look too much.

Only kappa i have seen was in nioh, and it surely wasn't cute or cuddly. Also, it had weird inclinations.

Just checked the Nioh Kappa out, jeez those are freaky looking.

You should check a video of their attack. It must be some japanese humor, but still all i can ask is: what?!

Not really humor, but based on Japanese folklore.

There are tales which say that the humans soul is located in a small ball, called shirikodama (NO relation to my account name, I swear!). Kappa are able to gain power by claiming that small ball, which is located..... in the arse.