Thoughts on Skimmer Diving

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, why can't the infusion bonus add to the Skimmer's speed as well?

I believe it's due to a max possible speed on mounts being required so you don't end up launching yourself through the map and stuff lolI'm pretty sure the Devs mentioned that in a livestream before.. might have been about the Beetle or Griffon, I can't remember exactly.

It might also add far more to the skimmer than a player due to skimmers higher base move speed.. a +30 would probably make it go supersonic lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aru.4156 said:I actually quite love this new feature as it lets me traverse underwater speedily and avoid combat for the most part in favor of admiring the environment. I can now take a proper look at what's underwater without getting horribly bored and frankly fearful of getting into combat. Has definitely made my underwater experience more enjoyable and satisfying for my curiosity. :)

Yes, and don't forget that now you can even stealth for 5 seconds 8 seconds underwater.

Edit: it's 8 seconds, of course, not 5. Totally forgot the V2.0 mount stealth.

@lokh.2695 said:The diving is really fun. Unfortunately most of the UW content is located in core Tyria which is already trivialised to a point where it's just not that much fun(for a veteran player) to spend lots of time there.

I've definitely noticed that they spent little effort in making underwater interesting or attractive in the expansions and LW. Let's hope that we see some cool underwater stuff in the future. For now I look forward to exploring the waters of Orr and Friostgorge Sound, two places where there's lots of ocean and lots of reason to avoid being underwater...without a stealthing speed mount.

Curious: has anyone tried diving in quicksand or sulphur yet? =)