Missing anything? New player

Kopi.8410

Buy harvesting tools and grab anything you run across low level materials are worth more then end game ones.Buy salvage kits and break down anything you dont use ( some level up rewards cant be broken down tho)I would say use crude or basic salvage kits for white-green gear master work for yellow and exotic. ( check if the exotic is worth anything on the trading post before you salvage it)

The cog in the top right corner of your back you can right click and deposit all materials to clean your bags up, it will be stored up to 250 of each in material storage section when you go and check your bank . ( you can upgrade that in the gemstore up to 2000 each but thats not a worry for now)

@"Kopi.8410" said:new to gw2 long time wow player.I'm leveling a mes and loving it.I'm exploring doing events and just finished my second story quest... is there anything else I should be doing while leveling/exploring * currently 22 and taking my time.Well, I wouldn't worry about updating your armor armor "too" often each set can carry you along 15 -20 levels. Just stock up on every mat you see.And later on you can level all the crafting profs in one go if you want. If your going to go for core map completion immediately I would hit up all the cities first.

While the dungeon community is quite small now I would still attempt to do the dungeons in order with your personal story(Alot of people I've talked to actually admitted to skipping them).

To be honest with you though, the best advice I can give is to take it easy and don't rush into the living story and expacs. I did this and missed alot of fun achievements gameplay that I had to go back and do, and am still getting caught up with.Always nice to get players from other mmos though, I hope you continue to have lots of fun.

It's been a while since I've done any dungeons. IIRC you should get a mail when you reach certain level milestones. I think Ascalonian Catacombs is the first one and it requires level 30. So you might still be a few levels from that. The mail sent to your character should have a button to show you about where the dungeon is. Each dungeon has a Story Mode and Explorable Mode. Explorable mode is unlocked by story mode and gives several paths to choose from. Explorable modes are usually a little higher level than story mode. Ascalonian Catacombs is level 30 for Story Mode and 35 for Explorable mode for example.

Each dungeon has it's own location (right next to a waypoint) and completing them(in explorable mode) gives that dungeon's reward currency which can be used to get the weapons/armor themed to that dungeon. There are other items to be purchased with dungeon currency as well.

As for how to clear them: each dungeon is a bit different. Some have interesting/difficult mechanics to learn about and utilize to win through. Your best bet there is to pay attention while doing the dungeon, go with someone experienced at the dungeon and follow the advice they give (ask for info) or read a walkthrough guide. Different paths in explorable can play a lot differently.

Dungeons can be a bit of a step up in difficulty for newer players to the game. It can be a bit of a learning curve. Teamwork and coordination makes the runs easier (though you can still muddle through without it in a group, it's just harder) and in my opinion more enjoyable.

You'll probably want the best gear for your level when doing a dungeon. Kadsik is right about not having to worry about your gear too often for regular PvE, but dungeons are a little different.

Don't worry about rushing to or through the dungeons. Because of level scaling you can come back and do dungeons you qualify for at any time. Waiting and coming back with a fully trained profession is fine. Coming back with full gear on a max level character is also fine. The choice is yours. Since death isn't too bad in this game, feel free to go to and step into any dungeon you like solo just to see the starting areas and get an idea about them.

So what do you get from all this? Lots of different things. As mentioned dungeon currency is your reward for completing explorable paths. Each dungeon has it's own set of weapons and armor with skins themed to that dungeon. You can preview those skins at the relevant dungeon vendor (it's been a while but IIRC there is an NPC or two in LA that have all the relevant skins, just right click it in there list and hit "preview" to see what it would look like on your character). The weapons have various stat combos so pick the best one for you. The skin will be unlocked and be able to apply to any weapon you want using transmutation charges (rewarded for completing any map and some daily log in rewards) same goes for armor.There are also a number of achievements related to dungeon clearing. Check the relevant section on the hero panel.

Okay, just noticed how much I've rambled. Hope this helps and happy hunting!

@"Kopi.8410" said:I guess my only question now is about dungeons how do I do them how to I get to them etc?

The game will show you when appropriate.

My advice: Take your time, enjoy leveling and Core Tyria; perhaps, level 2 or 3 characters to 80 before moving on.When in doubt, consult the Wiki; link above or accessed in-game by typing /Wiki (topic of choice).This may be helpful: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/new-player-guide or this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extended_Online_Manual

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

@Ghost Bear.5280 said:It's been a while since I've done any dungeons. IIRC you should get a mail when you reach certain level milestones. I think Ascalonian Catacombs is the first one and it requires level 30. So you might still be a few levels from that. The mail sent to your character should have a button to show you about where the dungeon is.

When you're level 22 you can't do a dungeon. The first one unlocks at 30. Feel free to add me if you can't find a group once you hit 30.