Frustrating gaming experience - lags, getting stuck, problems replaced by other problems

Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for a while, and have been registered for at least two years (playing game since half a year after release though - on and off). A few weeks ago, I've returned to the game after experiencing loads of issues with offline servers, lag and other issues with Lord of the Rings online (and by the looks of it, these issues are still ongoing). I just wanted to enjoy a game that runs smoothly enough to not get frustrated. For a few weeks, GW2 seemed to work all right. No issues, apart from some lag during world bosses when world boss rush was on.

Since the last update though I have issue after issue and after half an hour of frustration in Draconis Mons (which I hate enough without lags and getting stuck), I am ready to leave this game again. I was attempting to get into the second one of Zinn's labs (and getting to the door was a hassle already). I was just getting though the last inquest gate, when I suddenly fell through the floor and was stuck under it. I could still see the world above me, still taking damage. But could not mount to try and jump out as I was still in combat. The 1-2 seconds I was out of combat (pet killed the inquest), it told me I had not enough space to mount. So I couldn't use the springer to try and jump out. Then I had to wait a while to get defeated so I could get back to a waypoint. Where I then had loads of lag and lag is no good when you need to navigate a map like Draconis Mons with a glider to get where you need to be.

It has been like this for a few days now. First I thought, maybe the new skin I used (for a bow) might have been an issue. So I stopped using it. Didn't make a difference. There were also hardly any other players on the map (between 7 and 8 am UK time, as I like to game a bit before I go to work). So no Skyscales, no wings, no fancy backpacks. I also had the lag issue on other maps - but only for a few days. I also turned down all the graphic settings, made the game look shit, did not improve anything performance wise! I have a PC just for gaming, my internet is fine. So it's not my issue.

What else I observed: For a few days, in the open world (PVE), I got the message that the log-in server could not be found every few minutes, which was annoying. And the TP was basically unusable. BUT this message is now gone and was replaced with horrendous lags. I've died too many times due to lack in the last few days. I might not be a super-professional gamer, but I am fairly competent. Under normal circumstances, I do not die to normal landscape mobs.

I am leaving this message just to give devs - if they even care - a bit of info how it looks like from a gamer's side. I.e. what I did to solve the problem on my side, and how it solved NOTHING. It might also be interesting for them to see how one issue disappeared, but then was replaced by another.

It's is frustrating, esp. because I bought gems to buy all the living world episodes I was missing. I was going through the whole story with a new character (main has finished PoF ages ago), but am now so frustrated and annoyed that I lost interest in continuing. PLEASE fix this. It's a nice game, but for the last few days it's hell (EU server, by the way).

I will now return to the third out of four MMORPGs I am playing as it had a major content update. Let's hope, I'll have a bit more luck there - and hopefully this game will be playable when I return again.