Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

I've had this happen constantly over the past few days. Seems to happen almost exclusively in personal story instances. REAL pain having to restart long missions over and over. Did the same as everyone else above to try and resolve it personally, but feels like it's an ArenaNet problem at this point.

@Gassan.7362 said:I've had this happen constantly over the past few days. Seems to happen almost exclusively in personal story instances. REAL pain having to restart long missions over and over. Did the same as everyone else above to try and resolve it personally, but feels like it's an ArenaNet problem at this point.

I think this is super anecdotal (And I'm probably just noticing it when it's the most painful), but the disconnects often happen on the last step of a personal instance. Right when it's going to reward the completion. This specific timing has happened to me ~10 times in the last couple of days, 3 times on the exact same mission/instance.Really unfortunate heh.

Just adding my own experiences to this thread. As others have said above, the game is almost unplayable for me. The error started with the "log in/disconnect" errors others have described. I'd be in game, get the error popup, but still be able to play. Then the lag and full disconnects/crash to desktops began. In case this is at all relevant, the issues are happening most often on the Siren's Landing map for me, and they are occurring both on the open world map, and during the Season/Living Story instances on the map. Can we PLEASE get an official response from you Arenanet, acknowledging the issues?

I'm referring to Anets official (1st official, might I add) statement concerning the lags. Find it here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/111982/an-update-on-game-performance-issues

"We're aware that some players have been impacted by ongoing gameplay performance issues due to latency. We know this makes for a frustrating gameplay experience, and we want to let you know what we're doing to find and mitigate those problems."So you are aware of that and have been silent for months? You know that makes for a frustrating game experience and didn't find it necessary to give us a heads up until now? You tell me how this kind of behaviour is supposed to build trust in you and how you view you customers.

"The reality is there's no single sweeping change that can fix latency issues for all players, or even most players."The reality is that the customer wants a product that at least provides minimum functionality. On some maps this isn't the case since months. The exact causes are something that probably will never get revealed by you guys. I may be totally wrong here, but given the fact that these performance issues mostly occur on maps that are (severely) underpopulated it could be that there are also economical reasons for the whole performance problem. But that's a totally uneducated guess on my side - of course.

"...members of our Engineering, Infrastructure, Design, QA, and Production teams are working with a group of affected players to help identify underlying causes and find solutions."Since when? If you're already working on this issue for a longer time, then why the heck didn't you let us know? The existence of problems is nothing bad, being silent about them however is. Whoever is responsible for your communication rules with the community actively hurts the customer relationship.

"We’ll keep you updated on their progress as we’re able."What could make you unable to keep us updated?

@"tomshreds.1745" said:Happens in Eastern North America. Error 7 and Error 42 all the time.TP is unusable. I can't even buy gems or stuff on the gem store.What is happening?

The trading post has been working better for me after I cleared the cache, had no more errors with it.Instructions can be found here: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231273908-Troubleshooting-Trading-Post-Errors

@Jukhy.2431 said:

@"tomshreds.1745" said:Happens in Eastern North America. Error 7 and Error 42 all the time.TP is unusable.
I can't even buy gems or stuff on the gem store.
What is happening?

The trading post has been working better for me after I cleared the cache, had no more errors with it.Instructions can be found here:

Thanks for sharing. I have to say since the latest patch everything seems to be a whole lot better especially about the TP.

This issue started for me last night and even after trying eventhing suggested in previous threads on this topic and similar issues I couldn't fix it. Eventually I went into my firewall to make sure the launcher was still allowed and I found it was not. I had a windows update right before the problem started which might have effected it, so double check your firewall settings and allow the Guild Wars 2 laucher both private and public accses. Once I allowed both of those and enabled them in the inbound rules I haven't had any dissconnect issues.

This may not be the root of everyones problem but its worth checking.

Anet broke something when they added one or both of the Drizzlewood maps and the servers are having massive hangups on a scale I've never seen before

Getting rolling 7:11's is nothing new with this game but now it's a common occurrence to get double digit seconds long total freeze ups and the in game monitor saying I'm hitting 2500+ ping for no discernible reason

Much like every other time I have a problem with GW2 desyncs, it's not on my end because I'm not having any issue playing any other games or streaming content and it seems to happen indiscriminately. Time of day, player count, or activity in my vicinity has no apparent direct correlation

I'll lag to hell and back just as often doing drakkar as I will doing a strike mission and can often get spikes just from milling about in the Eye

I'm glad that i don't get disconnects. But ever since i started playing again about two weeks ago, the game often freezes for a couple of seconds during fights. It only seems to happen in PoF and Season 4 Maps, which is nice because i intend to farm mapcurrency for skyscale-saddle.

I got news from ArenaNet support!!!

After doing a bunch more tests and sending them lots of info, we determined that it's on my internet service provider's end. I use Frontier, which was bought out by Ziply right around the time this code first started getting reported. ArenaNet recommended contacting them and sending them all the info I've collected- I'll try to keep you all updated!

Having the same problem. I haven't played this game regularly in years, decided to come back and buy the expansions to pick it up again...and now I can't even make it 5 minutes without a DC and having to re-do story scenes over and over again. I wonder if I can get a refund so I can just uninstall the game for good this time.

Hi I have the same thing, and every day is getting worse. I am not sure what happened but my pc and router and line are the same I don't think it's but GW2 servers. I do not have any issues with other games. If before was some lag spikes now and then, now it became unplayable as of yesteday, I just logged in now TP is not even opening and I get disconnected. it definitely getting worse :(

I quit the game years ago but I have been playing it again 2 weeks ago without any issue. But since yesterday and for absolutely no reason, I get a lot of issues (can't login, infinite loading, can connect but get disconnected after few minutes, ...). It's unplayable. I did a complete troubleshooting and tried absolutely everything I could find in Support section, Google, forums etc. The issue is not coming from my side, every single other online game works fine, I have a ping of 12 ms, 0 packet loss, a really good connection from my ISP, my computer is wired to the router etc. It makes me wonder why I came back on this game, I want to quit already ...