What weapons would you give to Guardian?

Makion.3457

@"Altion.9576" said:Guardian already has a wide array of weapons at his disposition but what weapon would you give him? I think Spear + Shield would look awesome, like a "Lancer" specialization could benefit from it, Im thinking a critic oriented spec.

What do you think?

I think it would be cool if they got an off-hand dagger, and the skin for it could be a Wakazashi, and the Guard's elite spec would be Samurai. And instead of Virtues, the mechanic could change to Codes, or Bushidos, each reflecting a different Samurai code that they follow and adhere to. As far as skill types, still unsure what those would be. Marks maybe? Or something completely new, like Empowerments, self buffing skills that make the Samurai stronger.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:Guardian already has a wide array of weapons at his disposition but what weapon would you give him? I think Spear + Shield would look awesome, like a "Lancer" specialization could benefit from it, Im thinking a critic oriented spec.

What do you think?

I think it would be cool if they got an off-hand dagger, and the skin for it could be a Wakazashi, and the Guard's elite spec would be Samurai. And instead of Virtues, the mechanic could change to Codes, or Bushidos, each reflecting a different Samurai code that they follow and adhere to. As far as skill types, still unsure what those would be. Marks maybe? Or something completely new, like Empowerments, self buffing skills that make the Samurai stronger.

If going for a samurai theme, I think stance or physical skills would be the most fitting.Imagine stances based on different fighting styles, like how Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima is switching between the stances stone, water, wind, and moon.

@Kodama.6453 said:

What do you think?

If going for a samurai theme, I think stance or physical skills would be the most fitting.Imagine stances based on different fighting styles, like how Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima is switching between the stances stone, water, wind, and moon.

Yeah, dude heck yeah! that would be pretty dope, i'm 100% with you on that.

@Ghos.1326 said:

What do you think?

Hell yeah, Cantha is very Japanese oriented so this would be perfect for a new Guardian class :D

@"Altion.9576" said:Hell yeah, Cantha is very Japanese oriented so this would be perfect for a new Guardian class :DHow so?

Shin Jea and Kaineng didn't look all that distinctly Japanese.The Echovald seemed distinctly European. The "vald" portion even is a homophone to the German word "Wald", which means forest.The Luxon didn't seem remotely Japanese either.

All Japanese I remember from from factions are some NPC names being Japanese, and "Oni" (which literally just means 'demon' in Japanese) existing.I can't even recall specific names.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:Hell yeah, Cantha is very Japanese oriented so this would be perfect for a new Guardian class :DHow so?

Shin Jea and Kaineng didn't look all that distinctly Japanese.The Echovald seemed distinctly European. The "vald" portion even is a homophone to the German word "Wald", which means forest.The Luxon didn't seem remotely Japanese either.

All Japanese I remember from from factions are some NPC names being Japanese, and "Oni" (which literally just means 'demon' in Japanese) existing.I can't even recall specific names.

Ok perhaps "very japanese oriented" was too much but according to the wiki:"In Guild Wars Factions, the Empire of the Dragon was inspired by a blend of different East Asian cultures, whereas Kurzick and Luxon names were respectively more German- and Greek-flavoured. The overall art direction for the Kurzicks was heavily inspired by Gothic architecture.The name of Kaineng City may be a reference to Kaifeng 开封, a major ancient capital of several dynasties in China.The design of Kaineng City was inspired by Kowloon Walled City.[34]Shing Jea vocally pronounced in Mandarin means 'Star 星 Cape 岬', Shing Jea Island literally means "Cape Island of Stars"