New Expansion Teaser – Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - [Merged]

@krz.1327 said:swimming levels in games are always the most annoying parts and gw2 is no exception, underwater combat is cancer

not a given underwater content will remain as it is today though, is it? With more content for underwater, it's very likely they will go over the existing underwater mechanisms and make things more enjoyable. Underwater mount now a first improvement to movement under water, and probably more stuff to come.

@Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:

@Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:Does this mean after this expantion it's over? That the story is done?

No, this does not mean the end of the story. I'm not going to give you spoilers, but all of our Living World seasons have been building toward this. We've been working on this for a long time. In the meantime, we’re having lots of fun reading all your ideas about where the story is heading. Speculate away!

Thank you for clarifying this out <3

Yeah, I've always hated how people act like the game is over without an elder dragon threat. From the sound of it, this expansion is probably gonna finish that story off (except maybe Primordus? Don't see how he'd factor into Cantha), so I'm very glad to hear anet isn't finishing everything up. The game really has limitless potential and could keep content updates and new story going for decades

Commander kills both Primordus and (sadly) Jormag, but Aurine wont absorb their magic - instead it will awake the sea dragon and it will go to Cantha.Our pack will have to chase him, because reasons.Aurine in the end will absorb the magic and turn into preety rainbow, as she supposed to at the end of Dragonfall.Magic will disperse into Tyria and new treaths will emerge from the shadows.Commander will fix everything at the end.The end.

What if, instead of giving us specializations that focus on a new weapon (staff for druid, rifle for thief, etc) they give us a new specialization that completely remaps the skills and mechanics of weapons that the profession can already use? For example, a ranger specialization that uses axes main hand more as melee rather than short range. Elementalist spec that redesigns the use of scepter. Lots of exciting options here.

Firstly, I am sooo Happy to being going back to cantha. The trailer was stunning, and very Aurene like with the colours.However...the name?I dunno, it either feels like a meh living world title, or something accidentally written on the wrong sheet of paper and someone's gone 'ok so that's the title?'
None the less, let's do this. I can't wait.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Forbidden Virtue.1089 said:Does this mean after this expantion it's over? That the story is done?

No, this does not mean the end of the story. I'm not going to give you spoilers, but all of our Living World seasons have been building toward this. We've been working on this for a long time. In the meantime, we’re having lots of fun reading all your ideas about where the story is heading. Speculate away!

So you say we like there is more than one of you left working for Anet? If not great job on how you made that trailer :)

@Donari.5237 said:

@"Adzekul.3104" said:They clearly said 2021, but did they clarify further? I read a claim that they said "end of 2021". Obviously a year is 12 months long, and delivery in January is very different than delivery in December (and June for that matter). I could get hyped for January 2021 delivery (only 4 - 5 months away) but not for September or later (12+ months away). Clearly, it should be delivered when it is finished, and not rushed, but I want to know if they clarified the timing beyond "Cantha confirmed. End of Dragons. 2021".

I was listening very carefully to Rubi at the end when she talked about it. She definitely said "end of 2021." Once they have the stream on YouTube it should be easily found since it's in the last few minutes, between showing the trailer and closing the stream.

I have to correct myself. I just reviewed it. She said "End of Dragons 2021" and I missed the 'of Dragons' part. So I am wrong and it could be any time in 2021. Sorry.

@Donari.5237 said:

@"lorddavito.2395" said:So, when do we get this? Trailer is fun and all but release date???

2021 is all they have said so far. They wont give a date this far away

honestly 2021 is good, id prefer q1 2022 sp they trully get their time with this but that might be unrealistic

In the stream they said "end of 2021."

I love this teaser. It's the same smooth-blending, transforming figures style that we got in the initial fractals trailer, and since I have given feedback in the past that I thought that was a great presentation, I'm very happy to see it again.

Correcting myself: I was so psyched by the announcement that I misheard. What Rubi said was "End of Dragons, 2021" and I missed the 'of Dragons' part. My apologies.

Very nice trailer! :) "The Koi fish swam up river and become a dragon, two koi fish = duality of life, balance, and opposing life forces"

1. Questions:

2. Video Analysis - GW1 Landmarks:

0:07 - Courtyard area from Shing Jea Monastery?0:11 - Imperial Palace or Raisu Palace and Imperial Sanctum0:13 - Dragon's bridge from Zen Daijun outpost0:14 - Kaineng city exit gate to the inner city? 2 banner flags with 2 dragons each0:16 - Inside the Kaineng City, hints of 2 dragons from GW1 factions locked room inside the city? https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Xunlaihq.jpg

0:20 - Dragon's throat https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Throat_(outpost)0:24 - Ghost spirits of Cantha similar to https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vizu0:29 - The jade sea https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Jade_Sea0:31 - Is that Cavalon? Or remnants of it? https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cavalon0:36 - Kuunavang of the Harvest Temple https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kuunavanghttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Harvest_Temple

0:42 - Reflection in the dragon's eyes shows a blue flame portal?0:47 - New logo referencing two Koi fish, 2 water element based dragons?Since GW1 Factions, the 2 opposing forces has been constantly referenced alongside the Kurzicks and Luxons, even in the game logo, very exciting! This made my day! :)

AUeN0Cw.png

@lokh.2695 said:Previous releases have made me very un-hype-able when it comes to this game. Will sing its praises if the expansion is playble and I like it.

I am with you. Until there is a release date, the expansion is nothing more than pipe dream.

Anet has history of false advertising and building hype over nothing. Until the expansion date is determined and we know what are the features in the expansion, my hype level is zero.

@otto.5684 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Previous releases have made me very un-hype-able when it comes to this game. Will sing its praises if the expansion is playble and I like it.

I am with you. Until there is a release date, the expansion is nothing more than pipe dream.

Anet has history of building false advertising and building hype over nothing. Until the expansion date is determined and we know what are the features in the expansion, my hype level is zero.

A seat will be saved for you on the hype train just in case ;)

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"lokh.2695" said:Previous releases have made me very un-hype-able when it comes to this game. Will sing its praises if the expansion is playble and I like it.

Anet has history of building false advertising and building hype over nothing. Until the expansion date is determined and we know what are the features in the expansion, my hype level is zero.

A seat will be saved for you on the hype train just in case ;)

Something feels awfully wrong here. Left-hand traffic? Is this Australian?