Flamethrower scrapper is butchering meta specs.

Babylon.8972

There is new king of the hill, flamethrower scrappers. Its absolutete being and not possible to kill without 2-3 people. It have perma stability, huge AoE dmg with flamethrower and in addition on that, it gets broken amount of barrier. Its killing all the meta specs right now in 1v1 and making my nade holo completely out of meta, since why would you pick weaker spec when there is FT scrap? You need remove stability trait, take 15% dmg off from flamethrower and also tone down a scrapper a bit. If u dont do that, nade holo is dead for good and you lose most of your engi community from PvP. My cousin is gold 1 rank but he climbed up to plat 1 by playing FT scrapper, that is kinda good proof how busted that spec is.

Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

As a thief I have a very hard time killing him because he just spams cc all over the place. Its inpossible to fight this

@zarcon.7820 said:Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

As a thief I have a very hard time killing him because he just spams cc all over the place. Its inpossible to fight this

Yes, he is one of the known abusers of this build. There is lot of low rated players that have climbed high with this spec, its basicly freeride to plat 2-3 or legendary. My brother dont play pvp but said that this build seems to be very strong when he was watching me playing vs it.

@zarcon.7820 said:Its unfair to real good players. I was rank 1 two years ago but now i cant get to plat 2 because so mich of this build is being played. 8/10 people in top 10 play holosmith or sceapper how is that even normal?! Do something arenanet!!!!!

Anet still probably does not care, they will lost hundred players daily due to this

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I've never heard about that scrapper in EU. Wonder what their build is so I can learn to counter it, or understand its weaknesses

It run elixirs, fireams and scrapper, and it abuses the synergy between Mass momentum and Juggernaut. Its counters are:

Boon corrupt - Free fears for daysRetaliation - Flamethrower hits 10x per auto. they'll kill themselves as fast as they kill you.Any kind of burst damge. Power or Condi - this build explodes under pressure, its cleanse is terrible.Kiting - It's a very slow build. Rangers and thieves have a field day with it.Immobilize - permastab doesn't stop immob. If it has any other condis on it, what little cleanse it does have won't be enough to cleanse it.Chain CC - It runs one stunbreak tops. Some scrappers don't run any. If you lock it down it's dead.Z Axis abuse - Flamethrower is very buggy around inclines. It will aim into the ground and miss. Unless they're using action cam, there's little they can do to avoid this.+1s - this build does not handle being outnumbered very well.Steal - It rips away their stab and dazes.

Good classes to play into it are:Guard - Immob + Burns + Retal = A bad time for the scrapperRev - Bursts it then gets out of dodge. Crev lays out more constant condi pressue than it can handleRanger - Easily kites it or spams it with immob.Cthief - It doesn't have the cleanse to deal with that condi burstEngineer - Holo is basically it but betterNecro - Free boon corrupts. Fears = more dpsEle - Blam weaver is designed to beat holos, but it also works well into Ft scrapper.Mesmer - Kites it, Condi bombs, boon rips. Just be mindful of shredder Gyro. It will delete clones and give them mega barrier.

tl;dr this build is pure meme.

• Like 1

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I've never heard about that scrapper in EU. Wonder what their build is so I can learn to counter it, or understand its weaknesses

Apparently this amazing FT Scrapper build has absolutely no weaknesses and shreds through everything with adamantine level damage and the sustain/stability of the incredible hulk.

I've personally never seen this build used in anything outside of unranked and definitely not used by any good players. Maybe I should be thankful for that seeing as how some people seem to say that it is a saiyan tier build!

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Apparently this amazing FT Scrapper build has absolutely no weaknesses and shreds through everything with adamantine level damage and the sustain/stability of the incredible hulk.

I've personally never seen this build used in anything outside of unranked and definitely not used by any good players. Maybe I should be thankful for that seeing as how some people seem to say that it is a saiyan tier build!

GodKingEeyeEeyeOh or whatever his name is was the only guy I've ever seen running this in NA until recently.

Apparently dodging the super tough rotation of 1111111 is too much for some players in this game.

Oh dear, another build that's winning all around, I wonder if that's not because people are so obsessed by the CC meta they forgot stability existed and now all they have is useless CC spam because Stability nullifies their cheesy spam to kill anything, it's OP! Absolutely do not try to do what has been done since the dawn of time which is adapt and change.

@zarcon.7820 said:Yes I agree. There is a player called Suffish in eu. He reached legendary playing scrapper. Super op build and cant be killed. He normally is only plat 1-2. He used to get destroyed by the best holosmith ingame ingame named Angeels. But now he destroys him instead because the build is so op.

Can't tell if memeing or serious.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Lucentfir.7430 said:This day and age of Gw2 is all about nerfing everything, so lets keep the complaints coming, nerf away Anet. :blush:

idk what you talking about. Warrior needs a buff.Aint a single warrior build thats meta or great.Berserker is a joke right now, it needs a buff.

My previous post means people want things to be nerfed to oblivion instead of improving anything else because power creep, and not wanting to be adaptable. Yeah warrior needs buffs but it probably won't for quite a bit., because too many people are going to cry foul if warrior gets anything decent, and ANet being slow to deliver actual changes.

Flamethrower Scrapper is not as OP as people make it out to be. As well, it's not this super meme build that others make it out to be either.It does have weakness to immob, heavy consistent condition pressure, and burst damage, as the build I run goes with HGH with Elixir U and C. C has a high cooldown, so does U. Taking Firearms in general forces you to give up one of the best defensive trait combos in the game Alchemy + Inventions, so you lose a lot of survivability right off the bat. Stability is moreso a means of ensuring you can deal your damage while the might building ensure high damage.It's only main damaging skill is the auto. The autos (unless under the effects of quickness) take 2 and a half seconds to complete, and unless you build completely for crit chance, it doesn't do much damage at all. Which is why in Firearms, you take 3-3-1 (all extra crit chance and then Juggernaut). The build is a DPS role, with a secondary in self support buffing to empower yourself. But because it lacks numerous defensive tactics unlike a ranger, warrior, or even different scrapper builds, if it gets focused on, it'll drop quickly unless you have a healer with you, which is ideal because why would you not want a healer with you to help sustain you while you pump out damage? Any damage carry build would be foolish to not be around a healer.But yeah, it's definitely not OP. It sacrifices a LOT in order to gain its offensive benefits.

@Ghos.1326 said:Flamethrower Scrapper is not as OP as people make it out to be. As well, it's not this super meme build that others make it out to be either.It does have weakness to immob, heavy consistent condition pressure, and burst damage, as the build I run goes with HGH with Elixir U and C. C has a high cooldown, so does U. Taking Firearms in general forces you to give up one of the best defensive trait combos in the game Alchemy + Inventions, so you lose a lot of survivability right off the bat. Stability is moreso a means of ensuring you can deal your damage while the might building ensure high damage.It's only main damaging skill is the auto. The autos (unless under the effects of quickness) take 2 and a half seconds to complete, and unless you build completely for crit chance, it doesn't do much damage at all. Which is why in Firearms, you take 3-3-1 (all extra crit chance and then Juggernaut). The build is a DPS role, with a secondary in self support buffing to empower yourself. But because it lacks numerous defensive tactics unlike a ranger, warrior, or even different scrapper builds, if it gets focused on, it'll drop quickly unless you have a healer with you, which is ideal because why would you not want a healer with you to help sustain you while you pump out damage? Any damage carry build would be foolish to not be around a healer.But yeah, it's definitely not OP. It sacrifices a LOT in order to gain its offensive benefits.

You forget the point that scrappers cannot be bursted down. See Suffish he is rank 6 in pvp eu. 5 people needed to kill him