Metas are a little to hectic

Balsa.3951

first thanks for this great game 8 years big fan

With the new xpac on the way i have a little request.

The new meta style which I feel started with LS4 feels a little hectic for me.Kill mobs mount up change location kill mobs and so on I cant really see who I fight and everything dies in seconds. Meta Over rush to collect treasures mount up rush to second part of the meta.(The rewards are great just open I guess 40+ chest after I just killed the Big Boss gives me no time to relax)Even with knowing where the meta is heading and skyscale mount I see myself often arrive when the Champion is half health.

I m sure many enjoy this kind of fast style, Just a hope anet can mix it up a little and slow things down in some metas. Dragon stand had a nice speed and very clear parts.

thanks a lot great game and just my opinion

@Balsa.3951 said:Dragon stand had a nice speed and very clear parts.

I'm totally with you on your overall view of how the newer metas work, but especially your point about Dragon's Stand - I really like how that meta was paced. It felt less hectic every step of the way, and even if we had to loot all over the map when it was done, it still felt much better than when the loot in the Drizzlewood meta was still spread around the map.

I feel like it is a bit unfair to compare a meta event that was part of an expansion focus vs a meta that was implemented as part of a living story. They clearly haven’t the same amount time to properly develop it as much as they could, especially now that they also need to work from home.

Metas nowadays are a race to who can tag more champs. To be fair some are still cool; palawadan I really like even though it is a race for champs, Thunderkeep south is more Hot style but the map just lags so much. Dragon stand and Drizzlewood south are a different category closer to Silverwaste which are cool.Still, I fully agree that Hot metas are the best, especially gerrent and Dragon stand. Coordination of several lanes is required and like you mentioned the pacing is perfect. Octovine is a bit short with over the top looting phase.

@radda.8920 said:current metas have become giant zerg spam 1

i want HOT meta again, more difficult and requiring a little more use of his brain.The last map is the incarnation of boredom: doors and useless mobs with no mechanics

But the HoT metas are the biggest zerg spam 1 festivals there are. It should require playing the game, but since it's zerg, it doesn't.