[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

• 6 months later...

@"Salt Mode.3780" said:sigh posting this video only gives the people excuse that MESMER IS PERFECTLY FINE kinda mentality. Perhaps they r fine in SPvP but they r suffering in WvW...

i dont get how this vid should give any excuse? first im arguing hard that they only need to know how to counterplay pb (just as it is known that i highly deplore the one dodge change on mirage bc of deleted skill requirement/ skill cap) and it should be quite easy to see how hard you need to outplay ppl to make power interrupt mirage work in the footage.also should be easy to shut down crybabies by kindly asking them to back up their "its op and easy to play" claims with some footage how they get carried by the build i play vs decent to top players.

@JazzXman.7018 said:

@"Salt Mode.3780" said:sigh posting this video only gives the people excuse that MESMER IS PERFECTLY FINE kinda mentality. Perhaps they r fine in SPvP but they r suffering in WvW...

i dont get how this vid should give any excuse? first im arguing hard that they only need to know how to counterplay pb (just as it is known that i highly deplore the one dodge change on mirage bc of deleted skill requirement/ skill cap) and it should be quite easy to see how hard you need to outplay ppl to make power interrupt mirage work in the footage.also should be easy to shut down crybabies by kindly asking them to back up their "its op and easy to play" claims with some footage how they get carried by the build i play vs decent to top players.

Unless its said like you did right now people will think otherwise, like most montage video people post of the best and not the worst.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Can some average or better mesmer do core onehit mesmer video. I wanna see build full potential. My problem is that i am bad stomper and guild groups usually catch me eventually because i run out of stealth. Better mesmer could probably use those clones and stuff to survive and solo kill lots of enemies inside guild blob.

• Confused 1

@Junkpile.7439 said:Can some average or better mesmer do core onehit mesmer video. I wanna see build full potential. My problem is that i am bad stomper and guild groups usually catch me eventually because i run out of stealth. Better mesmer could probably use those clones and stuff to survive and solo kill lots of enemies inside guild blob.

U literally cant, esp if there is a blob the shatters are not concentrated on one target it is distributed throughout and in blobs they have a lot of buffs on including protection. Not to mention with guild groups they can see you a mile away and ur clones die before the shatter can happen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*meme title, dont get ideas anet 😬

new vid up, as promised with another mirage build. hope you can enjoy. pls notice the vid description as always pls!  part 2 will follow soon, so stay tuned! greetings o/

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1

While these videos are always nice to show mesmer mains sticking to what they have and making something out of it, but these videos without clear context is only things for people to use as a thing to nerf mesmers even more. 

This is strictly sPvP while this may work in sPvP it doesn't translate the same in WvW which is another platform of PvP. 

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:59 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

While these videos are always nice to show mesmer mains sticking to what they have and making something out of it, but these videos without clear context is only things for people to use as a thing to nerf mesmers even more. 

This is strictly sPvP while this may work in sPvP it doesn't translate the same in WvW which is another platform of PvP. 

I will piggyback off this and agree that yes, it’s a fun ‘little’ video but at the end of the day, in pvp and wvw, especially WvW since a lot of people I find are in that mode more, Mirage is still not good all because of the one dodge…

additionally, people will always whine when they’re up against better players or classes they have a hard time against. Heck, I’m still “whining” about as to why thieves are still roaming around with their infinite stealth and access to loads of dodges when Mirages only have one (in pvp + WvW) lol…so I’m never worried about Mesmers getting nerfed because we’ve gotten more nerfs than anyone else so if anet wants to stir that pot, they better be prepared for what’s in store…

One more thing, with the announcement of the EoD trailer and new elite specs, we’ll likely get to beta test the new elites before launch so, everyone should be prepared for nerfs, hard and minor regardless.

See you guys in 2 weeks! 👋

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

@Salt Mode.3780 and @Tseison.4659 thx for watching and for commenting. feedback is always appreciated ❤️ also when its a little feelsbadman when even the mes community makes you feel guilty for showing mes content :classic_sad:

Not trying to make anyone feel guilty just people justify nerfs with montages that literally show the best scenarios as well as players using the class at peak performance. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Not trying to make anyone feel guilty just people justify nerfs with montages that literally show the best scenarios as well as players using the class at peak performance. 

i get what you mean tho

but i rly doubt anet is even watching my vids and they also didnt have a dev the last 3 years felt like having enough clue about mes to judge that (i think we agree that the mes pvp balance in the last 3 years at least didnt look like it was made by someone with clue about the class but for that made by someone with more of bias, since obviously other classes are allowed to dominate meta for ages from just being broken and too ez to play, while mesmer is not even allowed to dominate meta bc of a high iq tool like portal what even has counterplay and the class with portal is so hard to use, that maybe 4-5 mes mains over all years in the whole game have the skill potential to make it work in high lvl tourneys, and non mes mains not able to reroll to it, so teams with no top skilled mesmer in it were complaining... also i think nerfing duration was good, at least 1 min was too long and having only 10 secs cd when not using second entry was also too good). 

also i rly try to show a realistic vod about my gameplay. ofc highlights are included and ofc i also do not show every time where i make a mistake (but i show mistakes and stuff going wrong often enough, even me dying sometimes i show). esp the second part vid shows lot of scenarios where stuff did go wrong, where my team is dying and all i can do is trying to stay alive, stall time etc, or where we have to comback in a match so  a lot of not easy peezy scenarios.  

and the main reasons to cut stuff of is, that it simply wasnt that interesting to watch for whatever reason (enemy not rly good, or his build is hardcountered or i just played it pretty basic and still won or a good enemy just messed up for no reason, or basic rotations not worth showing or running around the map with nothing happen, or teamfights we win too easy so i dont need to carry etc).

in case i ever find the courage to stream you will see, its overall my average performance im showing, ofc spiced up with some highlights 😁

• Like 3

And that is what people dont get, they get completely obliterated by X class and they think the class is OP (mesmer). I mean there are classes that are just that OP and disgusting but completely unjustified in terms of how mesmers keep getting nerfs over the years because people don't bother learning how to fight against one. I mean asking for a nerf is easier and faster then learning how to fight a class.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

And that is what people dont get, they get completely obliterated by X class and they think the class is OP (mesmer). I mean there are classes that are just that OP and disgusting but completely unjustified in terms of how mesmers keep getting nerfs over the years because people don't bother learning how to fight against one. I mean asking for a nerf is easier and faster then learning how to fight a class.

yes the mes bias from players and some devs were/is (?) insane since some time now. and the lower the skill lvl and gameknowledge will get (also from devs since lay offs off core devs etc), the worse it will become.

new player hate mes bc mes is a noobstomper and ppl playing in a team without access to a good mes main dont want mes to be good since even on most meta builds (exceptions ofc stuff like condi ci ih mirage), esp the ones with portal, ppl cannot reroll to it as easy as to other classes metastuff. so they wanna get all high iq stuff on mes deleted that needs brain to play but also needs brain to counterplay (portal, powerblock/mantra, same reason no one cares that power mes is not rly viable since ages, how much ppl in the game you think would be able to play power gs mes competitive? lol) so they get rekt by it but still cant reroll to it to get carried. sad but that is how it feels for me. esp when looking at what kind of ppl complain about certain mes stuff (and also interesting about which stuff they complain, they complain more about portal than the pretty braindead condispam, they cry about powerblock more than about signet of illusion shatterspam or axe3 as overloaded skill or pistolstun etc, so they cry about stuff that prevents easy reroll since it is only strong when played well and is hard to play well and need way more effort compared to other metastuff) and also interesting what kind of ppl do not complain and find those highly skilled stuff on mes easy to counterplay...

gw2 is a casual game tho we have to live with that im afraid...

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Thanks for making content.

Nice to see teamplay.

For the criticism, It has too much end fight cuts in my opinion. Thoses cut seem like showing : "look, mesmer is awesome, some burst, sustain etc." While in reality the opponent run and came away full life or mesmer hasn't anymore CD to fight longer. It's good for the show to new player but for someone who want to progress it seems sometimes biased.

That said it's just my view from a noname perspective.

Edited by viquing.8254
typo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viquing.8254 said:

Thanks for making content.

Nice to see teamplay.

For the criticism, It has too much end fight cuts in my opinion. Thoses cut seem like showing : "look, mesmer is awesome, some burst, sustain etc." While in reality the opponent run and came away full life or mesmer hasn't anymore CD to fight longer. It's good for the show to new player but for someone who want to progress it seems sometimes biased.

That said it's just my view from a noname perspective.

hi its a fair point i even mentioned in my text editing. this build has lower chase/finish potential and when being on sides instead teamfights, it highly capitalize when your roamers can +1 you to finish the already pressured target. you can be sure, i never cut a fight where i was running out of cds or i was about to lose, i only cut fights where targets escaped bc i could not chase them since i would never kill them in a moment they just run away in stealth or with worm port through objectives/ into nirwana or with nearly perma superspeed (sometimes also bc we needed the cap so i had to stay capping or prevent getting decapped from behind during a useless timewaste chase). also when you fight vs good and organised teams getting downstates is harder simply bc those ppl barely stay in losing situations until they die, since they know staying alive is key.  so its harder to show fights in 1v1 which ends with a kill i do solo without a +1 from one of my roamers (thief, rev), who has more chase and finish potential and what is exactly the job of a roamer, to snack targets low on cd and hp.

so no, there is no bias, i just show how reality is, incl the downsides of a build that is balanced enough to not  be able to do everything in conquest without any trade off. 

thx for watching tho ❤️

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1