Fastest way to get charr commendations

castlemanic.3198

Events chests killing mobs extra in meta chests once a day I think. Trading all 5 materials for commendations but it's random daily which traks are sold and some trades are expensive with the t6 mat spike since these were added. On my alt account I just buy them and eventually it finished each trak

Do the Olaf Olafson's secret achievement chain to start working on your otter infusion, because once you get Otter's Blessing you start getting occasional drops of chests containing 250 commendations...and you are doing the metas anyway, may as well get your memories of otter out of them.Check the quaestor merchant every day, because you can buy char commendations for materials salvaged from the gear you pick up in the metas.Do as many events as you can manage, and open all the chests you can.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I really appreciate it. 5,000 commendations for a single mastery point is way too big of an ask, especially because it's 30,000 commendations for 6 mastery points, it's just not fun to do the meta this many times and still not have the mastery points to show for it. I'll do it but I'm complaining about it the whole time because this is just not fair.

EDIT: also quick question, does the quaestor use exclusively tier 6 materials? cause if so, i have like over a hundred laurels that i can spend to slowly work through the daily purchases.

• Like 1

@castlemanic.3198 said:Thanks for the tips everyone, I really appreciate it. 5,000 commendations for a single mastery point is way too big of an ask, especially because it's 30,000 commendations for 6 mastery points, it's just not fun to do the meta this many times and still not have the mastery points to show for it. I'll do it but I'm complaining about it the whole time because this is just not fair.

EDIT: also quick question, does the quaestor use exclusively tier 6 materials? cause if so, i have like over a hundred laurels that i can spend to slowly work through the daily purchases.

No, not those t6. T6 like ancient wood orich ore. It's like 1g or more sometimes for 250 comms. Other times it's 50 thick leather which is a much better deal. Then if it's charr the prices double because I guess you can choose a buff deciding where they go. . Also some might see that as expensive and you may not.

@Jilora.9524 said:

@castlemanic.3198 said:Thanks for the tips everyone, I really appreciate it. 5,000 commendations for a single mastery point is way too big of an ask, especially because it's 30,000 commendations for 6 mastery points, it's just not fun to do the meta this many times and still not have the mastery points to show for it. I'll do it but I'm complaining about it the whole time because this is just not fair.

No, not those t6. T6 like ancient wood orich ore. It's like 1g or more sometimes for 250 comms. Other times it's 50 thick leather which is a much better deal. Then if it's charr the prices double because I guess you can choose a buff deciding where they go. . Also some might see that as expensive and you may not.

Thank you, you saved me a bunch of laurels!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but since it comes up as the first result in search engines and nobody has mentioned them, I'll add my recommendations: Special Missions. I would suggest unlocking all of them by purchasing the documents from the trading post as early as possible. They currently go for the minimum price so don't worry about buy orders. Not only do you get a mastery point for unlocking the 40 Basic/Ash/Blood/Flame/Iron missions, but each of them rewards 250 commendations and they are fairly easy for the most part. It's how I got the bulk of my commendations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2021 at 11:47 PM, Thekk.9783 said:

I know this is an old thread, but since it comes up as the first result in search engines and nobody has mentioned them, I'll add my recommendations: Special Missions.

This. (Coming to this thread even later, but I just had cause to chase commendations on a new account, needed to remind myself of what to do, and this thread is still top of the list. I came back wanting to add exactly this comment, because in retrospect it's what I've done every time.)

If you complete all the Special Missions, you'll get nearly 15,000 commendations from the mission rewards alone, which is almost 3 complete achievements/mastery points right there (don't forget to unlock the second batch when you head into North Drizzlewood, for which you'll need Intel Documents). You almost certainly won't need to complete them all, because you'll be raking in commendations (and mastery points) alongside them all the time just from trying to complete them - but they give decent structure to the grind, and they're a good framework to hang it on.

As @Thekk says, the Special Mission/Intel Documents can be purchased on the BLTC, and most are dirt cheap (the exception is the 10 Charr Intel Documents you'll need, which currently sell for about 1g each). And using each one is guaranteed to unlock a mission you don't yet have, or not use up the document. I strongly recommend unlocking all the missions up front, so that everything you do will be contributing to their completion.

(You can also trade up the Special Mission documents into Intel Documents at the Quaestors (vendors) all over the zone, although that's financially a bad deal, with the possible exception of the Charr ones.)

Edited by Doghouse.1562
  • Like 1