How does buying raid runs work in this game?

Is there anything i can do to make sure i'm not scammed? I don't have a static and beating dhuum doesn't sound like it'e going to happen outside one but i still want the ring. I bought my first mount run in WoW last month and apparently blizzard will make sure the other party will keep their side of the deal as far as buying mount runs with gold goes, which i hope to do in Gw2 this instance.

@lokh.2695 said:As far as I know ANet is okay withpeople selling raids and stuff but they won't reimburse you when you get scammed. You are doing it on your own risk.

Interesting. That sucks. I think the reason why blizz does that is because it increases the value of token sales. You do have to make sure that you get an in game agreement though.

There is allways a risk of a scam, but its very rare. The raid seller will most likely want the money up front.i know a bunch of plebs that bought dhumm CM just to get the achivement or to walk around with a title a and a fake sense of self righteousness and never had issues.In case you do get scammed try sendig a ticket to anet maybe they do something.Btw i assume your talking about Dhumm CA because i noticed you didnt mention if its normal dhumm fight or challenge mote

@Pyriin.3291 said:There is allways a risk of a scam, but its very rare. The raid seller will most likely want the money up front.i know a bunch of plebs that bought dhumm CM just to get the achivement or to walk around with a title a and a fake sense of self righteousness and never had issues.In case you do get scammed try sendig a ticket to anet maybe they do something.Btw i assume your talking about Dhumm CA because i noticed you didnt mention if its normal dhumm fight or challenge mote

OP said they wanted the legendary ring so no need for cm, but if your going to buy it go for the cm if the group offer it.

@Firebeard.1746 said:Is there anything i can do to make sure i'm not scammed? I don't have a static and beating dhuum doesn't sound like it'e going to happen outside one but i still want the ring. I bought my first mount run in WoW last month and apparently blizzard will make sure the other party will keep their side of the deal as far as buying mount runs with gold goes, which i hope to do in Gw2 this instance.If the other side didn't keep their part of agreement, and you can prove it (agreement must be done within the game, not outside of it, it's best to have print screens of chat window to confirm it, although it should not be necessary - Anet have their own logs), the scammers will get auctioned. Anet does not like people scamming others. On the other hand, you will not get your gold back, because, while scamming is against the rules, Anet is not going to actually enforce the deal, or act as a security for it.

That saying, in the case of usual raid selling guilds, you are extremely unlikely to get scammed - they are not out for a quick cash grab, but are running a business. A business doesn't work all that well if the potential clients are afraid of getting scammed.

it's simple, you pay them and you do the raid for them since they can't solo, but they deserve it because they have 300 KP, not a scam /irony

also raiders say if 1 person is bad the whole raid die, so don't forget to follow their rules, go meta build and join a training discord before you buy from them.

/creating a problem to sell a solution

@SeikeNz.3526 said:it's simple, you pay them and you do the raid for them since they can't solo, but they deserve it because they have 300 KP, not a scam /irony

also raiders say if 1 person is bad the whole raid die, so don't forget to follow their rules, go meta build and join a training discord before you buy from them.

Bit of a weird sell if you ask me. If they cannot carry should they even sell it?

@aspirine.6852 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:it's simple, you pay them and you do the raid for them since they can't solo, but they deserve it because they have 300 KP, not a scam /irony

Bit of a weird sell if you ask me. If they cannot carry should they even sell it?

I have talked with raiders that were selling raids and raid achievments.Usualy they take 2-3 buyers and just do it 7 or 8 man. For some achievments (like leg. armor second part) you need to do something so there is no way around it. But that means they tell you where to stand and that is all you do.

And they ask you to gg at the start if they can because it is actualy easier to do it with 7 players then with 10 while 3 dont know what to do.

@Astralporing.1957 said:@SeikeNz.3526Yes, on many bosses one inexperienced player can easily cause a wipe. Dhuum is one of those bosses.There's a reason why quite often people buying a boss kill are asked to /gg in the beginning of the fight - because the fight is much easier with them dead and not contributing than alive but causing complications.

I bought dhuum and can confirm they asked me to do this.