If Cantha is underwater they could remake the combat

I wouldnt say "could"I would say "should"

If they make an UW heavy expac, completly revamping UW combat is the bare minimum they should do, or it'd be a finantial suicide unless they get a kick of selling players an expac that most will hate and not bother playing after mere weeks

That said I dont even see how a revamp would work, I dont think there's anything worth salvaging in the entire feature

If they make an underwater heavy expansion then, yes, they should remake the underwater combat.

However, Cantha is not underwater. There were no underwater scenes in the trailer and the Jade Sea is still solid. There is absolutely no indication that they are planning on making an underwater heavy expansion.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:The video they posted showed the past of cantha when the sea was still solid jade after guild wars 1 the jade started to convert back to water. It would all be water now or almost all of it

Any proof that it was past Cantha? All the info that we have about the Jade Sea going back to water were small reports. There’s no hard evidence to suggest it was going back to normal including the rate of that change if it were true.

Also since Anet has basically just been re-hashing existing areas that were in GW1, don't expect the Jade Sea part to be all that large. I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a single map based on what was included in GW1.

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:Read the description above the video or below it. It clearly does

"To celebrate the eighth anniversary of Guild Wars 2, we have a special surprise for you! In the land of Cantha, ancient voices reflect on Tyria’s history—and its future. Be the first to know more: visit the official Guild Wars 2 website and sign up for our newsletter. "

Nowhere does it say what was in the video was a past vision of Cantha.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:Read the description above the video or below it. It clearly does

"To celebrate the eighth anniversary of Guild Wars 2, we have a special surprise for you! In the land of Cantha, ancient voices reflect on Tyria’s history—and its future. Be the first to know more: visit the official Guild Wars 2 website and sign up for our newsletter. "

Nowhere does it say what was in the video was a past vision of Cantha.

It does not, no. I think it's current day Cantha, that makes more sense.

I don't believe they ever said that the Jade Sea had returned to water. I think a lot of people base this on a quote from Winds of Change:

Over the past few years, life has begun to spring up in Echovald Forest as many areas have seen new growth take hold. Some even claim to have seen a change in the Jade Sea—small pools of water forming or even waves moving beneath the frozen surface—but these reports are unsubstantiated rumors at best.

The key being that these are unsubstantiated rumors.

I expect a solid or mostly solid Jade Sea. That's much more interesting and unique than another liquid sea.

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:This March, we revealed that work has begun on a third Guild Wars 2 expansion. We've now prepared a surprise to celebrate Guild Wars 2's eighth anniversary.Ancient voices reflect on Tyria's history—and its future. Watch and listen

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

That’s the description

None of that backs your claim that it was a past vision of Cantha.

@"dodgerrule.8739" said:This March, we revealed that work has begun on a third Guild Wars 2 expansion. We've now prepared a surprise to celebrate Guild Wars 2's eighth anniversary.Ancient voices reflect on Tyria's history—and its future. Watch and listen

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

That’s the description

Yes the speak about the cycles repeating that is the nod about history and future.Not about what pictures are shown, its what the npcs are talking about.