What do you think do the different races of Tyria eat?

Cynder.2509

This is something I'm asking myself a lot of times since all these years as I'm on a writing project where I try to bring out the world of this game/series as real as possible.Since every race has its own culture, history and more I think that they also have different types of food they eat as well.Charr for example are known to mostly eat meat and even raw meat which humans can't. At least for the raw meat part.Sylvari for example don't have a digestion as we know it and don't need food to survive but they still eat and drink as everyone else.I'm just curious about the diets of every race for this project and I'm also asking myself if a charr for example can be vegan or vegetarian?So what are your thoughts and theories on this matter? I'd love to hear them.

I don't see why a Charr couldn't be vegan or vegetarian, so long as they are finding equivalent supplemental sources for their dietary needs.

I have no lore knowledge on this, but I like to imagine a lot of Asura cuisine utilizes rodents and other creatures adapted to subterranean life. Perhaps various fungi, too. Or spiders. Now that they've been on the surface for a few hundred years, their diets have likely expanded to include some of the creatures you see around Rata Sum. But the diet of their ancestors would be rooted in things that could be found at different levels of the Tyrian depths, logically.

There are carnivorous plants, so the Sylvari could have some internal systems that allow them to digest meat and other complex fare. But I'd never heard of Sylvari not needing to eat to survive. I could also see a lot of Sylvari leading a vegetarian/vegan life, and we know they have some cultivated land near the Grove in Caledon Forest.

The studio used the food and recipes sold by heart vendors to show what the different species eat. They would provide good examples. Sylvari eat. They have internal organs that resemble or mimic animal organs except they are made of plant cells. They do gather energy from sunlight but not enough to survive. That is realistic because photosynthesis is not very energetic and could not provide enough energy to fuel movement or a brain.