Fps drops in group - [Merged]

I have like 120-60-40 FPS on all maps, all looking good. But when I join any map with meta, and I'm near big group - 30+ ppl I'm starting to have horrible lags, fps drops to 21-25-27 is it normal?I mean I tried many advices ffrom forums, and it's not work. Is there a way to make fps ~ 26 if I'm in group of 50 ppl?Settings 8FhmIst.jpg

@"ruikarikun.9402" said:I have like 120-60-40 FPS on all maps, all looking good. But when I join any map with meta, and I'm near big group - 30+ ppl I'm starting to have horrible lags, fps drops to 21-25-27 is it normal?I mean I tried many advices ffrom forums, and it's not work. Is there a way to make fps ~ 26 if I'm in group of 50 ppl?Settings 8FhmIst.jpg

Try running Gw2 in DX12, here is the guidehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/110553/want-to-use-directx-12-dx12-for-gw2-heres-a-guide-on-using-the-d912pxy-on-windows-10#latest

Let me know how you go and what performance gains you get ?

@Mack.3045 said:Let me know how you go and what performance gains you get ?

Hey, the problem I'm using gw2hook (reshade for making view a bit sharper and to off blur/bloom) and I found that d912pxy do not support gw2hook.I rly do not want to delete gw2hook, it seems there can be an option to use reshade but I'm not sure, idk what to do in this case :disappointed:

@Mack.3045 said:Using the latest reshade, I would post in thier forums and ask what a suitable shader would be to remove bloom

ReShade lets you deactivate the in-game Bloom effect.

@"ruikarikun.9402", you can set both character model settings to "lowest" during such events to reduce the lag if your hardware is having trouble dealing with the heavier load during mass events.

@ruikarikun.9402 said:

@Mack.3045 said:Let me know how you go and what performance gains you get ?

Hey, the problem I'm using gw2hook (reshade for making view a bit sharper and to off blur/bloom) and I found that d912pxy do not support gw2hook.I rly do not want to delete gw2hook, it seems there can be an option to use reshade but I'm not sure, idk what to do in this case :disappointed:

I run the same thing and I tried the dx12 thing but sadly it doesn't work with hook and I don't want to remove it either as sadly the sweet fx preset selector I I used on my previous PC seems to be gone from Overwolf now.I have the same kind of problem with fps as I usually have the same amount of fps on ultra like you mentioned and I'm only replying here to stay up to date to this topic and to let you know you're not alone on this problem.

@Ashantara.8731 said:@"ruikarikun.9402", you can set both character model settings to "lowest" during such events to reduce the lag if your hardware is having trouble dealing with the heavier load during mass events.Yes, I tried it + none for reflections, turned off shadows, all player names/objects/npc, and still on map like Dragonfall/Drizzl when there is a boss fight or all are flying on skyscale I'm getting drops to 23 fps. At other time it works ok, like 27-30-42-60-80 fps. Just those drops during events make real hard frustration.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/13242178FhmIst.jpgSo I got some upgrade with SSD and RAM, I understand my i5 3470 looks weak but not so weak.I think I'm near the solution but something is stopping me. I have good performance with on all maps except heavy ones like Lion's Arch, Drizzlewood coast, Dragonfall. It looks like microlags when I turn on camera.

So I did fresh intsalation Win10, it still here.I think vertical synchronization is a a key? I enabled Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel settings, but ingame I still see 100 fps on esome map, should I set "Frame Limiter"to 60? What is the right way to use Vsync - only ingame frame limiter+ option Vsync, or Nvidia setting + Frame Limiter.Also I disabled DPS Scaling but not see it changed something.

@"ruikarikun.9402" said:I have good performance with on all maps except heavy ones like Lion's Arch, Drizzlewood coast, Dragonfall. It looks like microlags when I turn on camera.That's normal on these maps. These are data streaming issues which everybody has. The game engine works at its limits on these maps.

I think vertical synchronization is a a key? I enabled Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel settings, but ingame I still see 100 fps on esome map, should I set "Frame Limiter"I don't hink that vertical synchronisation is your problem, but if you want some advice, then here we go:

Based on the assumption that you use a fixed refresh rate (no gsync and no freesync) 60 Hz display:

• You should not enable vsync in the graphics driver but in the game (set the driver setting to application controlled!). This ensures that it will be applied correctly. Forcing it via the driver does often not work.
  • Don't enable fast sync in the driver! Fast sync causes stuttering. It is a bandaid for low refresh rate display users to get higher fps without tearing, but it works poorly as it can't overcome the limitations of a fixed refresh rate display.

In general on a fixed refresh rate display your gaming experience is not optimal. You have to select between

• vsync on, which causes input lag,
  • vsync off, which causes tearing or
  • fast sync, which casues stuttering.

Limiting your fps on a fixed refresh rate display is also not a good idea:

• vsync on (limits your fps to 60) + limiter below 60 Hz = stuttering, because some of your fps then refresh at 33 ms while all the others refresh at 16 ms
  • vsync off (no fps limit) + limiter = extreme tearing at one spot on your display whenever you run into the fps limit
  • fast sync (no fps limit) + limiter = stuttering (you can not get rid of the stutter, no matter whether you limit your fps or not)

A variable refresh rate display solves all these issues.