Error Code = 42:1053:9001:4479:101

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Mike.7983" said:Major game bugs seem to be ignored lately, do hope the dev's are actually reading these forums and can at least let us know they are aware of the problems we got lately. Total silence is a bad sign, and fear game is on a downhill decline when player and dev communication drops to non existence.

That's good to see, but it would have been helpful for them to post that in this thread instead of a player finding it and letting us know. Not everyone thinks to peruse all the forums.

Customer relations are not what they used to be.

I've been getting this error code pop up more frequently over the past several days and today is the worst it's ever been. It has caused problems using the TP, but it's at its worst in instanced content and pops up over and over until I'm forced to leave.

Getting it about ever 2-5 mins for the last couple days. Especially happens back to back if I mount and dismount really fast. I am so annoyed with this right now. I have keep clearing it in middle of fights when the screen isn't freezing ever few seconds too in Bjora Marches. They don't fix this bunk that's been going on for a very long time, and they expect people to continue supporting them. smh

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@"Mike.7983" said:Major game bugs seem to be ignored lately, do hope the dev's are actually reading these forums and can at least let us know they are aware of the problems we got lately. Total silence is a bad sign, and fear game is on a downhill decline when player and dev communication drops to non existence.

That's good to see, but it would have been helpful for them to post that in this thread instead of a player finding it and letting us know. Not everyone thinks to peruse all the forums.

The messages from ArenaNet are in the "Latest ArenaNet Posts" at the top of the screen when you open the forum. To me that seems a convenient place. The first thing I do when I open the forum is checking if there are new post from ArenaNet.

@"Stelawrat.6589" said:otfcOfC.pngI've been playing GW2 for 2+ years now & this error code has happened from time to time since then. It can happen anywhere, anytime. It seems to be a totally randomly triggered error. Lately, it is happening more frequently. I play from home & have made no changes to anything related to my internet, software or hardware of any kind in all of this time.

Although I can't account for why it is happening more often, it isn't particularly bothersome as, when I click on OK, nothing ever happens. The game remains in play exactly as it was prior to the pop up, so I just continue on my way.

In fact, the only reason that I'm posting about it now is, that I'm wondering if the increase in the appearance of this error, is in any way connected to the decrease in the FPS that I've been experiencing lately.

I never used to experience rubber banding at all, or any kind of noticeable hang in play, but now I do? So if this error code is actually pointing to something that I can remedy on my end, then I'd like to know what that is please.

EDIT: just to add the image here vs redirect to imgur.

This error message has been around for years. Out of every few sessions i played, it will appeared once or maybe twice only. And it happened only when i am using the trading post. But recently, after the Drizzlecoast patch, it got much much worse. Not only the error message prompted many times when I am trying to sell my stuff in TP, it appears even when i was just resting in DR or chatting with my guildlies. Today, immediately after i login, the message popped up even before i get to touch any keys or my mouse >.> I am starting to get concerned. Or maybe I shouldn't? Free mount skin coming?

@Rose Solane.1027 said:

The messages from ArenaNet are in the "Latest ArenaNet Posts" at the top of the screen when you open the forum. To me that seems a convenient place. The first thing I do when I open the forum is checking if there are new post from ArenaNet.

Yeah, that seems to be the way is is now and I'll have to start checking that. But I remember when Community Managers used to actually interact with customers in relevant threads. That seems like good CRM to me. Maybe they're just too short handed to do that now.

I played a good year at launch and never had a single issue. Took breaks played off and on over the years. Recently came back as of last winter and have been getting that error 42 every day. Multiple times during my play time also. As of 8/23/20 to now its unplayable. I Get maybe few minutes before action skills stops and eventually the game closes. I have done the recommendations to "fix" this issue and even checked my end and im good. Some has been broken for some time as like i said that error 42 has been going on since i came back last winter or summer, dont remember but i know its been going on since i came back.

Same here... the error message shows up every 1 to 2 minutes - really annoying!

@"Stelawrat.6589" said:otfcOfC.pngI've been playing GW2 for 2+ years now & this error code has happened from time to time since then. It can happen anywhere, anytime. It seems to be a totally randomly triggered error. Lately, it is happening more frequently. I play from home & have made no changes to anything related to my internet, software or hardware of any kind in all of this time.

Although I can't account for why it is happening more often, it isn't particularly bothersome as, when I click on OK, nothing ever happens. The game remains in play exactly as it was prior to the pop up, so I just continue on my way.

In fact, the only reason that I'm posting about it now is, that I'm wondering if the increase in the appearance of this error, is in any way connected to the decrease in the FPS that I've been experiencing lately.

I never used to experience rubber banding at all, or any kind of noticeable hang in play, but now I do? So if this error code is actually pointing to something that I can remedy on my end, then I'd like to know what that is please.

EDIT: just to add the image here vs redirect to imgur.

• 1 year later...