Eye of the Brandstorm mission

Killing brandstorm elementals too quickly as they spawn makes them not count towards the quest resulting in a situation where you've killed them all but the quest still says "remaining Brandstorm Elementals: 1" Was able to replicate this 3 times now.... mainly because it took me three times to figure out why it was happening. GG.

I'm stuck in the destroy the 3 death-branded luietenants part. I managed to kill 1 of the 3 lieutenants, no idea how I got him to get out of his bubble. I've been inside one of the other 2 his bubbles killing all the enemies that spawn around it for 10+ minutes, nothing happens, and killing enemies while outside of it for about same, nothing happens either. Now Rytlock is stuck on his mount running back and forth into a pillar. And still can't get the other 2 lieutenants down, can't even enter the bubble anymore, I get knocked back unlike before. And I have no idea how to exit so I can restart.. this is my first living world story episode apart from one freebie of season 2.edit: of course right after I post this I get Rytlock unstuck, I revived some refugees and he started following me again.

• Like 1

@Silencio.2604 said:I'm stuck in the destroy the 3 death-branded luietenants part. I managed to kill 1 of the 3 lieutenants, no idea how I got him to get out of his bubble. I've been inside one of the other 2 his bubbles killing all the enemies that spawn around it for 10+ minutes, nothing happens, and killing enemies while outside of it for about same, nothing happens either. Now Rytlock is stuck on his mount running back and forth into a pillar. And still can't get the other 2 lieutenants down, can't even enter the bubble anymore, I get knocked back unlike before. And I have no idea how to exit so I can restart.. this is my first living world story episode apart from one freebie of season 2.

Find the big crystals and they will deactivate the bubble. Some are up high

Yea...Rytlock and Canash do not seem to help at all. They start out helping but halfway through the first fighting, they just stopped and stood around. Rytlock actually followed me around but never engaged in any fighting...the only thing he did was rez me when I got downed a couple of times.

And yes, those crystals are really hard to see, not to mention find. I managed to target one but was never able to damage it...seems like this is bugged for me too. Can't speak to the rest of the fights because I could never damage the crystals in order to take out the lieutenants to progress on.

Pretty disappointed in this as I was wanting to get through this episode tonight...but it does not look like I shall succeed.

Finally finished this late last night. Since I waited until the last patch downloaded, it appears whatever bugs I experienced were fixed. I was able to target and take out all the crystals in order to complete this instance. Was much smoother this time around and I only had a few hiccups when one of the crystals seemed to be immune to my ranged attacks, so I just ran into melee range and used my axe/torch weapons which worked fine.

The crystals can be hard to spot with all that pink all over the place. Heck, before I really knew what to look for, I was standing right next to one before I realized what it was.

If you are having trouble looking for the crystals, look for the branded energy "geysers" around the battlefield (and look up). Those geysers are coming from the crystals.

its 2017, we had better NPCs on the original Guild Wars. They stand around, watch you fight, walk pass you when you fight, then come back to res you. All the way to rescuing Taimi. Its 2017 for goodness sake Anet. What's the point of having a guild of NPCs, only to see them DO NOTHING but as RESSBOTS! At least in the original Guild Wars, they did something.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok. I just finished this Eye of the Brandstorm Mission. It was hell!!! The first crystal was upstairs. The 2nd crystal was on the bottom floor near one of the Lieutenants. The 3rd crystal was way way up high on one of the rooftops. (I was standing on top of a building) but below the rooftop of that building way in the back above the 3rd lieutenant. I stood below that rooftop and shot my ranged attacks up at it. It took a while to break but then I finally broke the 3rd crystal. Next I jumped down and killed that 3rd lieutenant. After he was dead 2 more lieutenants and 2 more crystals appeared. The crystals were on the ground. After those 2 lieutenants were dead more lieutenants appeared and more crystals appeared. All crystals were on the ground for the rest of this mission. Finally a huge Wyvern Boss appears. He makes several crystals. Break all the crystals to weaken him. He keeps making more crystals. The last group of crystals look like you aren't damaging them but you actually are. Keep attacking those crystals until no crystals are left. Then you are able to finally kill that Wyvern. That is the end of this Mission. It is extremely tough for a single player. I advice you to take someone with you to do this Mission. Best of Luck!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the kind of thing that takes the fun and mystique out of gaming. I ended up without any armor on during my first attempt. Bring armor repair canisters. The AI of the NPC's is broken. You find your allies all over the place not doing anything, not healing you is most annoying. There are 3 crystals on the first set of Lieutenants. I have attempted 3 times on 2 different characters and will have help with me the next time I try. This is ridiculous. I'm not saying make it easier. Just fix it to where it is playable and the NPC's stay in character instead of staring off into a corner, or a wall.

I hate to be a negative nelly but I did this story mission again yesterday on my squishy Thief and had zero problems, Not a single thing was an issue. There’s nothing overtly difficult in this mission and the objectives that change on the right hand side of your screen are very straight forward to follow.Your minimap shows lieutenant and Crystal locations.Arrows tell you to progress.The Wyvern is a DPS sponge sure, but as long as you’re not tail whipped (why is w h i p p e d being kittenized?) too often you’ll be fine.

So, I know everyone hates the saying but it truly is a learn to play better problem.If you’re going in with an unorganised gear/build setup, that’s on you.If you’re going in hoping to slack it while NPCs do your story, that’s on you.If you go in and aren’t paying attention to your objectives or enemy locations, that’s on you.

• 2 years later...

@"Stealthpet.3621" said:No idea where the last 2 crystals are.

In case anyone is still having issues to find them: they are big and glow in a bright pink, you shloud be able to see them. ;) As Randulf said, "up high", meaning you need to use your springer or skyscale to get up the wall (there are stairs, too) and destroy them (see example screenshots above).

@KwekKwek.9531 said:Sorry to revive this thread but how do you guys managed to break this Crystal on top of the roof?

You should be able to get to all of the crystals - you need to attack them on the springer first, using its attack skill (i.e., skill 1).

• 3 years later...

Same/similar issue - the crystals that need to be destroyed to kill the Lieutenants  do not appear. I've run around the instance a bunch, but they don't seem to be visible. I should also say, crystals are not on the roof either. Or not visible. Bug reported.

Edited by hedix.1986
  • Sad 1