Which class for OW/Story?

Kanimae.1735

Hello! I'm newish and was prowling youtube for class builds. End of story is that I found so many appealing builds but now I can't decide.I'm mostly doing open world, story and living story.Which class/build is the most efficient (and preferably easiest!) at them?If you could link to a build with skills and things that'd be terrific.

Also what do you think of these two builds?

and

I just want to have a good time getting 100% exploration and doing all the stories and living stories!!!

Unless I'm mistaken, you won't have access to any elite specs (like scrapper or spellbreaker) until you're already pretty deep into the game (eg. You have to get a ton of HoT hero points (which can be pretty difficult) to get access to the HoT elite specs).

Pick whichever profession is most appealing to you. They all have several viable solo/open world builds, though some are easier than others (ranger, necro).Feel free to look at metabattle for general ideas, but know that despite their ratings, pretty much everything is viable for solo play.

@"Kanimae.1735" said:Hello! I'm newish and was prowling youtube for class builds. End of story is that I found so many appealing builds but now I can't decide.I'm mostly doing open world, story and living story.Which class/build is the most efficient (and preferably easiest!) at them?If you could link to a build with skills and things that'd be terrific.

Also what do you think of these two builds?

and

I just want to have a good time getting 100% exploration and doing all the stories and living stories!!!

Both of the builds you linked are really solid. The Spellbreaker one is easier than the Engi one. The Engi one does rely on a couple of combo feilds that might prove a bit much for newer players.As always, for OW and Story you can get sway with a lot of different stuff, but if you are looking for something easy and high performance, I would go with Nike's Spellbreaker for sure.Also consider this one, it's really strong for newer players:

@Fueki.4753 said:You should just choose whatever you feel like is most fun to you.

⇑this. OP @Kanimae.1735 , try both builds and see which plays more naturally (and more fun) for you.

what you can do is create both an engineer and a warrior get both to level 2 and hop on the PvP lobby, from there you can set them both to the builds (you get insta-scaled to 80 in pvp and the pvp lobby) you mentioned and you can test the said builds on the dummy golems in the lobby. see how either plays for you and then decide. this goes for any builds the other have linked here as well. try them all out. this is one way to preview a class/build to see if it's a match for your playstyle

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:You should just choose whatever you feel like is most fun to you.

⇑this. OP @Kanimae.1735 , try both builds and see which plays more naturally (and more fun) for you.

what you can do is create both an engineer and a warrior get both to level 2 and hop on the PvP lobby, from there you can set them both to the builds (you get insta-scaled to 80 in pvp and the pvp lobby) you mentioned and you can test the said builds on the dummy golems in the lobby. see how either plays for you and then decide. this goes for any builds the other have linked here as well. try them all out. this is one way to preview a class/build to see if it's a match for your playstyle

Oh!!!! That is perfect! I thought I would have to level up each class (and then realize its not for me and so on). Thank you so much for that advice, I really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

@Arklite.4013 said:Unless I'm mistaken, you won't have access to any elite specs (like scrapper or spellbreaker) until you're already pretty deep into the game (eg. You have to get a ton of HoT hero points (which can be pretty difficult) to get access to the HoT elite specs).

You don't have to do HoT hero points, you can jump to PoF and do the easier ones there, then come back to HoT for the story.