Herald counters?

Teb.6980

@Teb.6980 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Condi mirage counters power herald, but condi herald counters condi mirage (in 1v1).

Thief is equal matchup.

Does power mesmer counter power or condi herald?What about power builds, even vs. powr herald? lol

I’m not sure about this statement at all since even when condi rev was considered very op- it was pretty well defined, due to streamer videos, that condi mirage countered condi rev and ofc any condi build is great against power rev. Also keep in mind though that no Mesmer build is very good rn, also I wouldn’t call rev op at least anymore just very good

@Teb.6980 said:Recently in tourney we fought and lost 3v1 versus an extremely tanky-and-damaging Great Dwarf / Kalla rev -.- lol

On the other hand, herald was a bit nerfed indeed. The glint heal remains untouched howeverKalla + dwarf is usually a menders bunker. It’s actually low key one of the tankiest and hard build to take off a node becuz of aoe spam, but once it’s cds are all on cool down it’s very ez to kill. Some hints- when you start the fight against one on a node, cc his kalla spirits with knockbacks so they won’t dps your team also after he uses all his spirits or dwarf stance do some major damage, since they are likely low on energy or cds and once they get their cds back just repeat process

there's no way for a thief to lose 1v1 against a power herald. if you do, you should change class, cuz thief is not your thing.

In general many classes are just better than power herald in duels. Herald shiro is not a duelist class, is a +1 one. But if you want easy life against it, just play condies, and defend his first burst. Also Herald hasnt as many CC as other classes, and the ones they have are heavy energy draining, meaning no follow up. Herald has no passive defences, meaning cc chain will counter it very hard.Anything that daze or interrupts greatly counters it, because herald will not only pay the cd, but also the energy. As others already mentioned, interrupting chaotic release is the best way to drain his energy down (and it has an obvious animation), as te upkeep will still tick but no effects awarded (wich is really dumb in my opinion).In general every herald skills have very big tell and animation, long cast time and easy interrupt.In team fight, with necro you can annihillate revenant offense potential by just spamming corrupts on him, even with just scepter autoattack. Or try burning guardian, if he has no support ele baby sitting him he will die very quick, he has almost no cleanse, and the ones he has force him to go on defensive or force him unwanted legend swap.

List can go on a lot, but aniway if you want an easy way to understand his weaknesses, just play one, go on pvp ffa arena and see how bad life can be for him.

@Shala.8352 said:there's no way for a thief to lose 1v1 against a power herald. if you do, you should change class, cuz thief is not your thing.

In general many classes are just better than power herald in duels. Herald shiro is not a duelist class, is a +1 one. But if you want easy life against it, just play condies, and defend his first burst. Also Herald hasnt as many CC as other classes, and the ones they have are heavy energy draining, meaning no follow up. Herald has no passive defences, meaning cc chain will counter it very hard.Anything that daze or interrupts greatly counters it, because herald will not only pay the cd, but also the energy. As others already mentioned, interrupting chaotic release is the best way to drain his energy down (and it has an obvious animation), as te upkeep will still tick but no effects awarded (wich is really dumb in my opinion).In general every herald skills have very big tell and animation, long cast time and easy interrupt.In team fight, with necro you can annihillate revenant offense potential by just spamming corrupts on him, even with just scepter autoattack. Or try burning guardian, if he has no support ele baby sitting him he will die very quick, he has almost no cleanse, and the ones he has force him to go on defensive or force him unwanted legend swap.

List can go on a lot, but aniway if you want an easy way to understand his weaknesses, just play one, go on pvp ffa arena and see how bad life can be for him.

Hmmm I donno bout everything else in this thread but I disagree with ur first statement, a rev of equal skill should delete a thief more times than lose to one. Of course this is if thief doesn't disengage and leave and or the rev doesn't sword port and delete the thief.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Shala.8352 said:there's no way for a thief to lose 1v1 against a power herald. if you do, you should change class, cuz thief is not your thing.

Hmmm I donno bout everything else in this thread but I disagree with ur first statement, a rev of equal skill should delete a thief more times than lose to one. Of course this is if thief doesn't disengage and leave and or the rev doesn't sword port and delete the thief.

l2 thief.

@Shala.8352 said:

l2 thief.

L2 rev?Heard sindrener recently say something similar to what I said, maybe u should tell him as well to l2thief cuz clearly he needs to. For the record rev is one of my fav classes prob tied with my fav, just not as good on it. I definitely don't want to see rev, especially pow rev get nerfed even further.

@Teb.6980 said:

@Tayga.3192 said:Condi mirage counters power herald, but condi herald counters condi mirage (in 1v1).

Thief is equal matchup.

Does power mesmer counter power or condi herald?What about power builds, even vs. powr herald? lol

In general mesmer used to be good against power rev, mechanically speaking it should be good against it but the mesmer is bad so its about even in 1v1,its a weird matchup. If both parties try to win the 1v1, mesmer has good chances of winning, mb even slightly favoured, but if rev just plays it slow and chips mesmer down I would say rev has the upper hand.Also, the bigger the fight gets, the harder it is for mesmer, in 2v2/3v3 or whatever rev becomes much better compared to mesmer ( IL is easier to heal from, and illusions die )I also speak of 1v1 with full cooldowns, if you see mesmer and rev leave a fight and start brawling, rev has a lead, since rev has no cooldowns on almost any of its skills and has MUCH easier time recovering health.

@Xueyou.5746 said:Warrior, Thief, Anything with Big Condi bursts

condi burst isnt all that good, IL fully heals from them and they also have resist rune, so for cburst to work they HAVE to have IL on cd and you also have to strip the resist.What class can make big condi bombs ( and actually land them ) more often then 30s AND strip the resist? Herald is weak against sustain conditions, stray chip damage conditions and in general, long lasting ones.