Your servers are getting laggy on more maps - [Merged]

Hi All, is this related to the new streaming functionality? I have been playing since almost the beginning of original GW, and I've never seen it this bad in game where the whole server instance is complaining about 'LAG!!' If the new functionality is affecting the game then please consider turning it off, as you're losing players because of it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Keitaro.9061" said:Here's another lag post.I just got my laptop repaired and haven't been able to play for over a month. So I am trying to catch up on content with a friend, doing the Icebrood Saga, and running around killing regular mobs, correction.. "trying" to kill regular mobs, I have almost died countless times due to the lag. How is this even acceptable and why has it not been fixed yet? It is clear this isnt caused by an increase in player numbers.

Anet... what are you doing?What are your plans on addressing this issue?When are you planning on releasing an actual "FIX" to this issue?

I honestly dont even want to play this game while the lag is this bad. It's not fun, and I feel like I am wasting my time just trying to fight the lag issues.

Seriously Anet, you need to address this issue fully, and talk to the community about your plans on addressing this. The lag has gotten ridiculous and it is absolutely unacceptable

My theory is that telecoms companies are favouring specific corporate clientele during the pandemic. Either that or Huawei are sabotaging everything in revenge for america putting pressure on the UK government to prevent them from utilising their products in the national security infrastructure.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:If lag is completely unacceptable, stop playing video games :)

Come on man.. you do realise this is an issue with Gw2 not all video games right?

I've played many games over the last few months with online multiplayer, including other MMO's and Gw2 is the only one lagging like this.It's not's our computers and it's not our internet connections.. it's something related to the game that nobody has been able to figure out yet, not even anet.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@JekthAvid.1408 said:If lag is completely unacceptable, stop playing video games :)

Come on man.. you do realise this is an issue with Gw2 not all video games right?

I've played many games over the last few months with online multiplayer, including other MMO's and Gw2 is the only one lagging like this.It's not's our computers and it's not our internet connections.. it's something related to the game that nobody has been able to figure out yet, not even anet.

Other games are having issues. It’s not just GW2.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"JekthAvid.1408" said:If lag is completely unacceptable, stop playing video games :)

I am noticing a few MMO's are having siginifcant lag and login issues now. Lotro has barely worked for "reasons beyond their control" for 2 months now. Funcom have a had few login problems today.

Lotro's latest response today after problems this morning was:

"These issues appear to be connected to the worldwide Internet connectivity problems linked to an issue with CenturyLink/Level 3"

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Any specific ones?

I play a lot of different games on various platforms, Gw2 is the only game I have suffered this big lag issue on.

@Keitaro.9061 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Have you tried optimizing your settings?I maintain a steady 70 FPS with 68 ping. My ping never spikes above 90, and my FPS never drops below 50.My computer is not the issue, nor is my internet, yet I lag so bad I am dying from regular mobs because my abilities are not activating.

Same here, I was in a PoF story instance and my ping was about 90 and I had massive latency issues. Rubber banding and skills not working. Always fun to have that type of lag when fighting a god.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Any specific ones?

I play a lot of different games on various platforms, Gw2 is the only game I have suffered this big lag issue on.

Lotro like mentioned above but I saw threads involving Rocket League and one other that I can't remember off the top of my head. A lot of this is just from the ISPs' networks being overloaded due to so many people using them because of COVID. There have been a ton of articles about how the pandemic has been impact ISP networks.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"JekthAvid.1408" said:If lag is completely unacceptable, stop playing video games :)

Any specific ones?

Lotro like mentioned above but I saw threads involving Rocket League and one other that I can't remember off the top of my head. A lot of this is just from the ISPs' networks being overloaded due to so many people using them because of COVID. There have been a ton of articles about how the pandemic has been impact ISP networks.

Yeah I am aware of some of those articles.There was one a good while back attacking gamer's for being "selfish" during a pandemic and hogging all the internet to play games which was ridiculous.Streaming services were the biggest culprit for hogging data, that was pointed out pretty quickly and soon shut those people up lol

I don't play Lotro or Rocket League so I can't comment there.. but from my own experience only GW2 has had issues for me.I'll have to do some personal testing or something and see how many of my online games are acting up, I have.. a lot.. of games though, so it'll take a while.

@kharmin.7683 said:Sure that this has nothing to do with the entire world being locked up at home during a pandemic and that the internet infrastructure isn't currently able to handle the significantly increased load? Just a possibility, no?

The pandemic started at the beginning of the year... there is no excuse for Anet to twiddle their thumbs while their servers are getting more traffic. Anet has had PLENTY of time to upgrade their servers and resolve this. It's time people stopped giving major corporations the COVID excuse when a solid 6 months has passed since it became an issue.

Maybe the increase load was justifiable back in March, April, and May.. but its September, and they dont have an excuse for the lag to get WORSE

@Keitaro.9061 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Sure that this has nothing to do with the entire world being locked up at home during a pandemic and that the internet infrastructure isn't currently able to handle the significantly increased load? Just a possibility, no?

The pandemic started at the beginning of the year... there is no excuse for Anet to twiddle their thumbs while their servers are getting more traffic. Anet has had PLENTY of time to upgrade their servers and resolve this. It's time people stopped giving major corporations the COVID excuse when a solid 6 months has passed since it became an issue.

Maybe the increase load was justifiable back in March, April, and May.. but its September, and they dont have an excuse for the lag to get WORSE

Maybe they don't have the money to upgrade? Maybe Amazon doesn't have the infrastructure to add servers for EVERYONE whom they host? Just assuming that Anet is doing nothing is just that... an assumption.

@Keitaro.9061 said:

Maybe it’s not the servers? I certainly haven’t seen a mad rush of new players or people coming back to the game this year beyond what we have usually seen.

i don't know if related but today at sandswept isles was a terrible lag and i noticed a massive prencence in various spot of afk farmin necros, i tink this + metas has increased the lag at unplayable levels, can we have an option to select map overflow in cases like this? or u can deal at least whit afkappers ...

@"LordMorgul.9845" said:i don't know if related but today at sandswept isles was a terrible lag and i noticed a massive prencence in various spot of afk farmin necros, i tink this + metas has increased the lag at unplayable levels, can we have an option to select map overflow in cases like this? or u can deal at least whit afkappers ...

can you tell me where afker is?I know some of their spots but reporting in game is not working

91hPDY1.png

I’ve been experiencing the big lag spikes in the more populated zones (lws4) every day for the last week. A little bit of latency is tolerable when doing PvE content, but the 2-3 second “pauses” are not fun. I’m confident it isn’t my system, network, or ISPs because whenever this happens there is a lot of /map chatter of other player’s confirming that they are having the same experience.

I’ve got two up-to-date gaming PCs and even when I play on “Best Performance” graphic settings I still experience these issues.

I've just taken part in the Thunderhead Peaks South Meta.

In all the years that I have been playing Guild Wars 2, this was the worst example of lag I have ever experienced.

It wasn't just me it was everyone taking part in it. Everyone was complaining about the lag. People were dying and not being able to do anything about it because their skills were just not working.

It is beyond a joke and it reflects very badly on Anet.

Jeepers Creepers guys, this lag is intolerable, playing ele mostly and I sit there looking at my skill bar for 5 sec's or more just waiting to change attunements, can't get off any more attacks until it works out whether I'm in air or fire. I've had a bit of a break lately but coming back to this just sucks. Hurry up and pull your fingers out.