All I see is DE Rifle hate...why?

@ollbirtan.2915 said:I can;t really remember the last time I saw / was annoyed by a rifle DE, honestly. They are quite easy to counter / avoid. If you fail to dodge / LoS etc when you hear and/or see their BIG BURST animation, then it's your fault.

Its more like they set up in an annoying spot and run away if you try to catch them or they +1 in stealth from 1200 range mid fight. They are mosquitos that poke you consistently and going against them is more annoying than challenginf

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Too high access to stealth with very high mobility and very high range + stupid elite skill which is a counter to a counter, uber dumb to say the least. Bad, toxic, stupid design that promotes cheesing, simple as that.

This. Deadeye is possibly the worst PvP design I've heard of in any game.

Yup, exactly.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:Too high access to stealth with very high mobility and very high range + stupid elite skill which is a counter to a counter, uber dumb to say the least. Bad, toxic, stupid design that promotes cheesing, simple as that.

This. Deadeye is possibly the worst PvP design I've heard of in any game.

Well, thieves got what they so aggressively wished for: Rifle. Anet tried not to make it play just like the D/x of old but with 1500 range thankfully and the result is, unbelievably enough(!), a fail.

Deadeye is a terrible spec that relies on the already weak in-combat stealth (among a number of other short-comings). The reason people hate it? Same reason they hate the weak in-combat stealth. Theyre bad and dont know how to play against it. Personally I wish they would just rework DE, the whole sniper fantasy doesnt work (its not even the longest range weapon, thats Rangers longbow) and already existed with Warrior Rifle anyway. Make it a midrange (1200) assault rifle playstyle. No stealth (its terrible anyway), just fairly mobile with a focus on sustained damage. Basically the maleficent 7 playstyle minus the reliance on the nearly unhittable DJ.