Buying Gems: Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!

Same. I've been trying to purchase 8000 gems all day, and I keep getting that error. I'm certain it's not a connectivity issue on my end or an issue with my bank, because I purchased the PoF expac earlier today. Although, I kept getting numerous error messages before that purchase finally went though, so I suppose that shows that this is a persisting issue.

It's just a bit frustrating because it's clear that this has been an issue for some time, and also because it could cause some of us to miss out on sales.

This started to happen to me too some time ago, and unfortunally it seems to be because of Digital River Inc having some issues with my country (venezuela). I used to be able to buy without any problems before, but then i started to get this error each time i tried to enter the buy gems tab.I had my suspictions so i loged into the game using a VPN and this time i was able to enter the buy gems tab without problems, and then found out that Venezuela has been removed from the list of billing countries and appears to be blocked by Digital River Inc.So right now the only way for me to buy gems is either by the gold exchange, or by purchasing the now rares 2000 gems codes and enter them with a VPN (even if i try to buy gems normally with a vpn i get an error message after the final confirmation)

When there isn't high volume, or world crises, the CS Team allows 72 hours for a response.When there is high volume, it can be days, or even weeks, depending on the issue.
If it has been more than 2 or 3 weeks, you can update your ticket (never create a new, duplicate one), and that will re-open it, should it have been inadvertently closed.

Good luck.

Having the same issue. I have a ticket thats a week old and no reply. Is it really common place for this game to have no customer support? Its really giving me a moment to wonder if i want to be playing a game so completely broken and with no help. I could name 20 companies that would start axing people left and right if their customer support team waited more than a week to reply to someone not to mention just companies that reply within 24 hours with out fail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. I just got back into GW2 and wanted to transfer servers to one not so full. You need gems for that, and I have tried to many time to purchase them through multiple means and it's just auto rejected without even looking like its processing. I submitted a ticket. Here is hoping I hear back from them soon so I can actually go and meet up with people who asked me to play.

@Ab Senpai.3291 said:I am having the same issue. I just got back into GW2 and wanted to transfer servers to one not so full. You need gems for that, and I have tried to many time to purchase them through multiple means and it's just auto rejected without even looking like its processing. I submitted a ticket. Here is hoping I hear back from them soon so I can actually go and meet up with people who asked me to play.

Are you transferring servers for WvW? If not, be aware that all servers share the PvE maps. (Sans regions [EU/NA], of course.)

Ok, I have the very same problem since the early morning today. I was able to purchase gems like 2 days ago (afair) without any issues (via PayPal). This problem is seriously annoying. Worse case is i can't buy stuff that is discounted and tomorrow promotion is going to finish. Any idea whether ANet can help with that?

P.S.I did create the support ticket, but no response so far.

I've had this issue since last year, first time no response but found a third party site that sold gem cards at a really nice deal. I quit, came back earlier this month with my partner. Partner has no issues buying gems, goes smoothly everytime. Of course, I'm trying to get gems before the sale on the 80 boost ends and the glider ticket for myself and my partner and hopefully a few other things before stock changes (didn't have the money until last day unfortunately...)... but of course, to my splendid delight, I'm having the "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later." Same error I had last year.Same error that made me quit because if its going to be a pain giving a company money, especially on a game their cash shop has items I want, I'm not going to give them money.

Checked with Digital River, they didn't get a request for gems. Nothing. The order wasn't even processed it seemed, makes sense since every time I get this error it doesn't have time to process, it just gives me the error immediately then jumps back to gem select.

I've sent a ticket in, hoping they reply before the sale ends in 7 hours, I doubt it but I can hope. This is really, really cruddy to have to deal with especially when things are only up for a limited time then you don't really know when it'll be back. Fingers crossed on support getting back though. I wish anyone else having this issue luck as well.

@"StupyEskimo.6172" said:I've had this issue since last year, first time no response but found a third party site that sold gem cards at a really nice deal. I quit, came back earlier this month with my partner. Partner has no issues buying gems, goes smoothly everytime. Of course, I'm trying to get gems before the sale on the 80 boost ends and the glider ticket for myself and my partner and hopefully a few other things before stock changes (didn't have the money until last day unfortunately...)... but of course, to my splendid delight, I'm having the "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later." Same error I had last year.Same error that made me quit because if its going to be a pain giving a company money, especially on a game their cash shop has items I want, I'm not going to give them money.

Checked with Digital River, they didn't get a request for gems. Nothing. The order wasn't even processed it seemed, makes sense since every time I get this error it doesn't have time to process, it just gives me the error immediately then jumps back to gem select.

I've sent a ticket in, hoping they reply before the sale ends in 7 hours, I doubt it but I can hope. This is really, really cruddy to have to deal with especially when things are only up for a limited time then you don't really know when it'll be back. Fingers crossed on support getting back though. I wish anyone else having this issue luck as well.

Honestly speaking that was kinda the same case for me. I'm still hoping to get this issue solved before the discount for few of the items gonna end. I don't get why ANet do not have a normal purchase option on their site like for buying the game itself. That would make everyone's life so much easier.

@lotharelion.6842 said:Honestly speaking that was kinda the same case for me. I'm still hoping to get this issue solved before the discount for few of the items gonna end. I don't get why ANet do not have a normal purchase option on their site like for buying the game itself. That would make everyone's life so much easier.I am honestly in full agreement. With the Steam release coming up this doesn't make me feel confident for GW2...I mean, I love the game, I really do, and oh by the Pale Tree I would LOVE to dump money into GW2...But I cannot due to this blasted error...a site option would be wonderful for when going through the game doesn't work. Possibly might even be easier to troubleshoot, and have less problems. I don't know if it would but it does kinda make sense to be easier for everyone...Forcing users, who want to give them money, to go through a system that very clearly isn't consistently working, it seems really counter productive.. Especially with how long it can take Support to respond, and how reliant on Support you are to fix this problem.If you want to go through a site or have a reliable way of purchasing gems without going through support and waiting for a reply that could take up to 72 hours from what earlier replies here were saying, you have to go to third party sites that sometimes aren't completely trust-able.. (Saw one site selling 2000 gems for $50...hardly worth...)I hate being whiney about it, but ahhh!! I want to give you money, ANet!! Let me give you money!! Gosh. Lol.Sorry for the all over the place message, I'm sleepy but I can't sleep because I so badly want to resolve this problem/be on the lookout for Support's reply lol. (tldr) I am in full agreement with you, I thought it was really counterproductive that there isn't a way to go through site, and I hope we're able to go through Steam's currency to get Gems when it releases on Steam, if that goes well....part of me feels like this issue may cause issues in terms of a successful release on Steam, though.