Bored - crazy theory time

Bast.7253

So, my original guess was that the DSD was dead, but as people have pointed out with the All, it seems as though it's still kicking.

A lot of people are speculating that the second voice we hear in the trailer is "Mother." But when Kralk said "Mother" it could have just as easily meant that he was rejoining her, not that he killed her or was calling out for her for help. This would make me think that he was joining her in death.

With the Glowing Orb in Malchor's leap looking so similar to Kralk's heart, could it be that the golden orb is what's left of Mother? The orb as commented by the inquest seems to resist Zhaitan's corruption but also corrupts the land around it, turning it into metal. What kind of artifact would have that effect? And if it were a remnant of Orr, why wouldn't there be anymore information on it?

It definitely seems like it's related to the elder dragons. It may not necessarily be "Mother" or the aftermath of her, but could be a remnant of a previous dragon rise. Odd that it seems to be in this position after the rise of Orr, because if it was there before it had to have shifted with the rising of the island. If it was there after, why wouldn't there be any information on it?

If it IS an elder dragon heart, I wonder why it's just been sitting there and Zhaitan never seemed to express interest in it. It's obviously a pretty significant source of power, you'd think Zhaitan would have done something with it. Or they did, and this is just the residual magic left in it.

Such a mystery and it's odd we haven't gotten any information on it, given how much has happened since the core game.

I may have also just lost my sanity because I converted 1000 grains of coarse sand into golden sand in the hopes that it will someday have a purpose, or I'll magically discover one. :lol:

@"Bast.7253" said:With the Glowing Orb in Malchor's leap looking so similar to Kralk's heart, could it be that the golden orb is what's left of Mother? The orb as commented by the inquest seems to resist Zhaitan's corruption but also corrupts the land around it, turning it into metal. What kind of artifact would have that effect? And if it were a remnant of Orr, why wouldn't there be anymore information on it?

Regarding the glowing orb, it turns things around it to pyrite. In The Mystery Cave (S2E8), Braham comments that the gold in the Exalted outpost is not "real gold", indicating that it's pyrite or similar material. The Forgotten - with a known relation to Orr and the Six Gods that gathered things to Arah from across the globe - performed "Exalting rituals" that turned surroundings to gold, and humans into the Exalted. Just like at the The Wealdwood, in the Exalted caves like The Mystery Cave, not just the pillars but even plants and the ground can be seen as having been turned gold.

The Forgotten's magic, and by extension the Exalted, are immune to dragon corruption. Just like the Wealdwood and the glowing orb. But as shown with Caithe, the Branded Facets, Subject Alpha, Kudu's Monster, etc. etc., dragon corruption is not immune to dragon corruption. Either of its own kind or other.

So the orb is more likely some former experiment of the Forgotten to create an anti-Elder Dragon weaponry, perhaps a remnant from when the Forgotten cleansed Glint, or when they and the mursaat launched an attack on Zhaitan (though by all indication, said attack couldn't have happened in Orr since cleansing Glint happened there after said attack, and it'd be weird as heck for Kralkatorrik's champion to be cleansed by Forgotten underneath Zhaitan's noses).

I doubt that it's a mere coincidence that the Forgotten's exalting rituals result in residue pyrite in the surroundings, just like the glowing orb. Just as it isn't a coincidence that Tarir has architectural similarities to the Hall of Heroes.

If it IS an elder dragon heart, I wonder why it's just been sitting there and Zhaitan never seemed to express interest in it. It's obviously a pretty significant source of power, you'd think Zhaitan would have done something with it. Or they did, and this is just the residual magic left in it.

One could ask the same about the Bloodstones - Zhaitan was on the doorstep of two Bloodstones, and Mordremoth as well, both however completely ignore the Bloodstones.

Or how in Arah dungeon, the risen are only now targeting Forgotten relics, after Zhaitan's death. A rather odd choice, unless the risen were incapable of destroying some vase and book after 100 years of trying.

Then there's the Searing Cauldrons (supposedly powered by Kralkatorrik), the temple of Abaddon's relics, etc. These things were right underneath Zhaitan for 100 years, but the risen only go after them as the Pact invades.

Perhaps the glowing orb was ignored for similar reasons as any of the above. Maybe it was "invisible" to the Elder Dragons like the Bloodstones seem to be. Maybe Zhaitan ignored the Forgotten relics - perhaps including the glowing orb - because they're immune to corruption and consumption, and didn't bother to think of destroying until it became a real possibility that they could be stolen and used against him. Or maybe like divine magic, it seems to require a study of the magic to make use of it. Or if it is Elder Dragon related, perhaps he avoided such in fear of sparking aggression from the other Elder Dragon(s) involved before he was ready.