Maybe steam is big enough of a push for new players that warrants bringing back lw1

Title, as a story based game one of the things ppl will look forward to is the story and they will be surprised and disappointed when they finish the personal story only to find out that a big plot setting and character introducing arc of the game is gone.

I think the potential market that steam poses honestly warrants at least considering more seriously to bring back lw se1. Its been what? 6 years since s1 and im confident in saying that a huge chunk of existing players havent exoerienced that content, let alone the stupid numbers of players that exist on steam and will swarm the ame when eod launches.

@Randulf.7614 said:Unless it's in the works (and I think we have seen from Visions it almost certainly isn't), a full republishing of LS1 is not going to happen - at least prior to Steam.

I think it's def time for a better recap though. The current in game one is simply not good enough

I was hoping when they announced that they were bringing back a couple episodes from s1 that it wasnt tied to the scrying pool. For me in a narrative based game the most importand thing is to respect said narrative and plot and the way the hamfisted the s1 bits after 2 expacs and 4 lw seasons is unprofessional at best and downright narratively criminal at worst.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Unless it's in the works (and I think we have seen from Visions it almost certainly isn't), a full republishing of LS1 is not going to happen - at least prior to Steam.

I think it's def time for a better recap though. The current in game one is simply not good enough

I was hoping when they announced that they were bringing back a couple episodes from s1 that it wasnt tied to the scrying pool. For me in a narrative based game the most importand thing is to respect said narrative and plot and the way the hamfisted the s1 bits after 2 expacs and 4 lw seasons is unprofessional at best and downright narratively criminal at worst.

Given what I have always perceived as one of the weakest parts of the game in narrative/story design, I am unsurprised though. I can see why they went this route as the scrying pool is perfect for it, but tying the pool to the latest LS is jarring. It could have worked better in a sep scrying pool in LA or fractals and been locked until the PS was completed.

What's done is done

LS1 would have to be re-created from scratch. I feel sorry for every new player starting Season 1 before rest of the game. It's a horrible experience gameplay-wise. Making it again would take so much money it's not worth it. Given influx of players due to steam release, I can't find it worthy of putting time and effort into making it an enjoyable experience.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Given what I have always perceived as one of the weakest parts of the game in narrative/story design, I am unsurprised though. I can see why they went this route as the scrying pool is perfect for it, but tying the pool to the latest LS is jarring. It could have worked better in a sep scrying pool in LA or fractals and been locked until the PS was completed.

What's done is done

Prob they could still seperate the eotn from lw5 maybe using the older version and having the hom npc send us a mail or smth when we hit lvl cap.

As much as i'd love it I doubt it lol

But maybe the push will result in more LW1 content being reworked into visions.. I do not mind this being the case if it means the content is in the game.

The reasoning for this is quite simple, the more living world 1 content is playable in Gw2 in some form the more likely it will be that season 1 will eventually come back in some way.Think of it like living world 1 being reintroduced in small little packets until one day Anet decides, you know what.. we could probably get this whole season worked into a proper story chapter in a few months... most of the work is already done.

That spurred on by us fans constantly reminding them that so much is done already just do it lolIt's probably a pipe dream but I am not giving up on season 1, I want that story hole patched up XD

Although I would actually love to play the whole thing, I have my doubts this will every be done. Granted, all the assets should be there, but I don't know if they could go about making all of it instanced. It would also be weird with the new Lions Arch architecture now existing in the persistent world (it is weird enough in the personal story instance). BUT, they should at LEAST make it 1 episode which is a very simple play through in a "dream" state. Go to the video thing in Lions Arch, and then go to the nearby campfire with the refugees to start and instance. Do something similar to the PoF bit where the commander "goes to the underworld", but recapturing the main plot points of LWS1. MOST important, introducing the new "team" and some of the backstory to integral NPCs like Ellen Kiel and eventual teammates like Canach.

In the end, have the commander wake up from the dream state with his team sitting around the fire with him and say something like

"Did you dream of Scarlet again?"Commander says, "Yeah, every time I stay in Lions Arch, I am tormented by what happened. Even now when I think about it, it seems like another life, like I never really lived that time with Scarlet. It must be because I spoke with Magister Ela yesterday, but I think what Scarlet did with the leyline energy will change the course of not only our lives but all of Tyria".Teammates say something like "Very ominous... well maybe we shouldn't waste this moment of peace then. I know I have a few things I want to do before the end of the world." Here the team members break away into different directions to then be reunited in LWS2.

Having never experienced LWS1, the most jarring thing was feeling anything regarding the sudden "reuniting" with my "team". I was like, "who the hell are you?" Also, my favorite team member is possibly Canach for his excellent lines, but I really didn't know who this guy was. And let's face it, he is pretty involved in the following stories. Same thing, I really didn't know who Ellen Kiel was at the beginning of PoF, although I am sure she showed up in HoT...

So I guess what I am saying is, as a new(er) player, I don't need all the content to play. But I really do need a band aid on the huge plot hole that affects the characters that become integral to the story in all the following content (I searched through fan-made videos and write-ups to catch up). When I played through the PoF underworld scene, I thought this would be an interesting way to recap and introduce the important characters.

Of course, this LWS1 content should be offered with the core game for free. Make it enticing. Make players want to go buy LWS2 to care more about the story and hopefully all other Living World Seasons. In the current state, the story is "broken" and I am sure that is part of the reason why people are apprehensive on buying LW seasons. Right in the beginning there is a HUGE plot hole...who cares about a few more...right?

This has been an issue for years.. Living story 1 is highly needed in the story as it makes no sense through a lot of the later content.. I started LS1 but never finished it because it was so hard and i took a break, so even though i was there kinda, i too this day still have no clue what happened..

Never understood this incessant desire to develop GW2 backwards. Yeah, I missed out on LW1 too, but I was able to make sense of things going forward. In My Opinion, there is no business reason for Anet to spend limited resources and development time on creating past content (as they have already said it would need to be done from scratch).