Flamethrower scrapper is butchering meta specs.

Babylon.8972

@"Mindless.9721" said:I love how the people on here who always argue "it only works against bad players" or "just learn how to play against it" never really say ANYTHING about how to actually counter such builds.

They do but this isn't the only thread about it and people get tired of repeating themselves for people who seldom actually care about the details and just want to complain.

@zarcon.7820 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:Flamethrower Scrapper is not as OP as people make it out to be. As well, it's not this super meme build that others make it out to be either.It does have weakness to immob, heavy consistent condition pressure, and burst damage, as the build I run goes with HGH with Elixir U and C. C has a high cooldown, so does U. Taking Firearms in general forces you to give up one of the best defensive trait combos in the game Alchemy + Inventions, so you lose a lot of survivability right off the bat. Stability is moreso a means of ensuring you can deal your damage while the might building ensure high damage.It's only main damaging skill is the auto. The autos (unless under the effects of quickness) take 2 and a half seconds to complete, and unless you build completely for crit chance, it doesn't do much damage at all. Which is why in Firearms, you take 3-3-1 (all extra crit chance and then Juggernaut). The build is a DPS role, with a secondary in self support buffing to empower yourself. But because it lacks numerous defensive tactics unlike a ranger, warrior, or even different scrapper builds, if it gets focused on, it'll drop quickly unless you have a healer with you, which is ideal because why would you not want a healer with you to help sustain you while you pump out damage? Any damage carry build would be foolish to not be around a healer.But yeah, it's definitely not OP. It sacrifices a LOT in order to gain its offensive benefits.

You forget the point that scrappers cannot be bursted down. See Suffish he is rank 6 in pvp eu. 5 people needed to kill him

Are you sure that this guy is actually playing the flamethrower scrapper build that is discussed here?Because you mentioned that this suffish guy is spamming CC, yet flamethrower scrapper definitely doesn't do that.

I also kinda doubt that flamethrower scrapper is viable that high on the ladder.And if he is that tanky, then he most likely uses system shocker.Anet forgot to reduce the barrier you get per CCed target in PvP, you get over 700 barrier for everyone you CC currently. Which can be tons of barrier with a single AoE CC.

But that has nothing to do with flamethrower scrapper, since that build isn't using that trait. Flamethrower scrapper is vulnerable to getting bursted down.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:I've never heard about that scrapper in EU. Wonder what their build is so I can learn to counter it, or understand its weaknesses

Apparently this amazing FT Scrapper build has absolutely no weaknesses and shreds through everything with adamantine level damage and the sustain/stability of the incredible hulk.

I've personally never seen this build used in anything outside of unranked and definitely not used by any good players. Maybe I should be thankful for that seeing as how some people seem to say that it is a saiyan tier build!

My juvenile snow owl has wrecked half this forum. So it's not unrealistic for people to think.... Lol.. flamethrower scrapper is OP.

@"Mindless.9721" said:I love how the people on here who always argue "it only works against bad players" or "just learn how to play against it" never really say ANYTHING about how to actually counter such builds.

1 that build have no stun breaks and one stack of stab every 3s. You just need to double CC him and the Scrapper will have to eat all your damage.

2 Really weak agains necros (corrupt stab into fear)

3 Weak agains weakness condition (barrier application who is the main source of sustain is based on DPS output)

4 long range DPS ... anyone that can kite keeping out of FT range will avoid Barrier sustain and kill slow but easy the build.

5 focus by 2 higher dps spike builds. The build designed for long fights where the continuous barrier application work as sustain. A good spike from two Burt build will ez kill FT scrapper.

6 Out-dps the build forcing him to kite and lose their sustain source. Reaper, Berserker, laser disk holo (not meta but hard hitting build, at least against low mobility as FT) And more....

I hope this help to understand the weakness of that build and why/how can be countered

Main holo here. No grenades, I played FT only because I found it was memetastic

Anet and everyone else

Have you noticed that the february overhaul completely ignored certain kits and transformations?The main offenders being lich and grenades, which were already pretty OP before itAfter it they got an effective +33% damage boost.

So there is that, pls review ur code anet ily

@"Lucentfir.7430" said:This day and age of Gw2 is all about nerfing everything, so lets keep the complaints coming, nerf away Anet. :blush:

so your suggestion would be to buff everything else? great, you should become a game designer :)in 3-4 patches the game would be something like: "anyone that lands the first skill wins"

gratz

@Zawn.9647 said:

@"Lucentfir.7430" said:This day and age of Gw2 is all about nerfing everything, so lets keep the complaints coming, nerf away Anet. :blush:

so your suggestion would be to buff everything else? great, you should become a game designer :)in 3-4 patches the game would be something like: "anyone that lands the first skill wins"

gratz

Gotta love the passive aggressive reply :Kekw: I'd love to have you as a poster on my game's forums, so i can pretend I'm listening, and do the complete opposite of whatever you're suggesting. Your post already tells a lot by assumption. You don't think I believe in reasonable balancing. like i haven't been here for 8 years and played all the classes already, i'm just telling it how it is, especially with all the threads going for, nerf flamethower engineer, nerf shortbow 5 :lol:

Okay, even my meme condi berzerker with Mace/torch and Mace/shield beats this build because it has crap cleanse and they kill themselves to my confusion stacks despite their permanent stab making all my CC with Mace useless. Holo on the other hand just bursts me down instantly and keeps me blinded at all times because Flashbang still exists. I think one is a bigger problem, and it's not FT.