MatchMaking

FenixReborn.3218

Dear, I have noticed for a while, that some matches have been very unbalanced, I even got some victories close to getting platinum. But...

I noticed that some games the defeats were huge, to the point of not even making 60 points, which doesn't make much sense for gold 3 going to platinum.

Bothered by the situation, I noticed that some groups on the other side, were with 2 to 3 people from the same guild, and not on my side.

I play more at night, but at lunch, it's even worse, much worse, I asked several players in these crazy 60 ~ / 500 games and most of them were bronze (not all, in each game I had at least 1).

Was this a reduction in the player base? Or was it supposed to be like that?

@FenixReborn.3218 said:Dear, I have noticed for a while, that some matches have been very unbalanced, I even got some victories close to getting platinum. But...

I noticed that some games the defeats were huge, to the point of not even making 60 points, which doesn't make much sense for gold 3 going to platinum.

Bothered by the situation, I noticed that some groups on the other side, were with 2 to 3 people from the same guild, and not on my side.

I play more at night, but at lunch, it's even worse, much worse, I asked several players in these crazy 60 ~ / 500 games and most of them were bronze (not all, in each game I had at least 1).

Matchmaking has always been an issue for as long as pvp as existed. It takes into account of classes as a priority THEN rating, not to mention rating is a very inaccurate way to measure skill so of course the actual skill level will be mostly luck

Retired plat2 & occasionally plat3 player here(NA)

60-500; even at that level, was very common and that was back in Season 18(~1 year ago) was the last time I played.

Ranked has a low population and matchmaking is quantity over quality, so pretty much nonexistent.Matchmaking starts by searching for people close to your rating, then gradually gets broader as you spend time in the queue. After about 5 minutes in queue, it's possible to get matched against people whose ratings are hundreds higher or lower than you.That's usually where you get those blowout games that will give pretty much nothing if you win, but will deduct like up to -30 if you lose.

There's also things like DuoQ that just break it even further. You can try that yourself if you're having trouble, but your results are going to vary wildly from a lot of the Metagamers at the top of the leaderboard who snipe their way into plat1/G3 matches like yours and cause blowout wins/losses like that on purpose.

My advice is to either ignore it all, because it's going to happen a lotOr boycott Ranked until it gets some much needed TLC if that is too much.

@FenixReborn.3218 said:Dear, I have noticed for a while, that some matches have been very unbalanced, I even got some victories close to getting platinum. But...

It seems you were another victim from duoq + low population, those very onesided games youbprolly got farmed by a top 25 duo or their alt accounts